Growing pepper in a greenhouse should start when the weather is good enough, because they belong to heat-loving plants, and do not tolerate low temperatures. Planting seedlings in cool weather can delay the growth of peppers, so hurry up in this case is undesirable.
- How to plant pepper in a greenhouse: preparing beds
- Rules for planting: when to plant pepper in a greenhouse
- Growing pepper in a greenhouse by seeding
- Pepper planting scheme in a greenhouse: types of diseases of fruits and seedlings
- How to tie pepper in a greenhouse: care for seedlings
- Planting pepper in a greenhouse( video)
How to plant pepper in a greenhouse: preparing beds
Carrying out a number of preparatory works contributes to improvingYield and increase the resistance of plants to various diseases.
- To loosen the soil and dig up the greenhouse better on the day the seedlings are planted, then the plants will receive the necessary dose of oxygen when planting, and will grow in development;
- The next step is to water and fertilize, and also better to put grass inside the bed so that it is warm;
- The introduction of dolomite flour allows you to remove the acidity of the soil, because this plant does not like acidic environment;
Before planting seedlings, it is necessary to take into account its variety - undersized ones should be planted closer to the sunlight, tall ones - a bit further.
Rules for planting: when to put pepper in a greenhouse
The best time for planting peppers is the warm season, and if the device of the greenhouse allows - you can get a high crop permanently, even in winter. Before planting the territory is divided into holes, each of which is watered with potassium permanganate.
It's better to do not deep, it will not be too comfortable for plants.
The most suitable time for planting and transplanting seedlings is morning or evening, at lunchtime it is better not to do this kind of work so that the plant is not tied. For taller varieties, it is better to make deep holes and use a little more fertilizer than usual. After planting, it is necessary to protect plants permanently from spillages - for this, arches with a coating on top are installed. If you comply with all the rules, the final result will be an excellent harvest and a good profit.
Growing pepper in a greenhouse with the seeding method
This technique of cassette cultivation allows you to quickly get a good harvest with minimal time and effort.
Tips for :
- Plant seeds for seedlings better at the end of March;
- If you plant pepper in cassettes with soil, then there is a significant saving of land and the seeds themselves;
- As a result, the correct spacing between the seedlings is obtained, and the transplantation occurs more quickly;
- Planting and growing seedlings in cassettes is most convenient, because plants are strong and do not outgrow;
- The technology of such a landing gives a better survival, because the transplant is obtained together with the containers;
- If a pick is made, the peppers should be fertilized after a week.
Depending on the pepper varieties that have their own characteristics, maturity and collection time, you can get a variety of taste and color, following the needs of consumers. Size also matters, because for convenient canning fit a small-sized vegetables, and for salads are suitable and large.
Pepper planting scheme in the greenhouse: types of diseases of fruits and seedlings
One of the most important tips before planting is the preparation of a greenhouse, it consists of several procedures: complete cleaning of beds from plant debris, fertilization of soil with mineral fertilizing, checking the condition of the irrigation system, sterilization and treatment inside the greenhouse walls, pipes and tools;Suffers negligence.
To avoid significant crop losses, you need to know what diseases the peppers are exposed to and how to fix it :
- A black leg in peppers is a fungus that affects the gap between the fetus and the stem, it also spoils the root system, leading toDestruction of the seedling. High density contributes to the rapid spread of the disease, so when seedling grows, it must be transplanted, and the fungus can be prevented by disinfecting the soil and the hotbed itself.
- Black spots - this disease affects completely the whole plant, at the time of its development. It is covered with black and yellow spots and is manifested by the presence of watery bulges, the disease develops when the temperature regime is not observed. Treatment is carried out by chemical preparations, replacing the soil and selecting the best quality seedlings for seedlings.
- Phytophthorosis is a kind of fungus, which forms the rotting of fruits, the damage occurs also to the leaves themselves. It occurs if there is a sudden change in humidity, cooling, and to prevent this disease you need to pre-etch the seeds themselves, and seedlings in time to cover and spray with special solutions.
- White rot develops on the stem, near the root system, affecting first the outer part, and then the inner one. Gradually begin to appear on the site of the disease, hardening, they block the nutrition of plants and fruits, leading to their damage and death. To prevent the disease, you need to comply with the watering regime, and in a timely manner to process the plants.
In addition to dangerous diseases, seedlings of peppers also infect various pests. Peach aphids - it reproduces rather quickly, placing its offspring on the leaves, making them twisted. Because of this, poor nutrition of the fruit occurs, they often develop worse, and have a small size, possibly becoming too dry. A spider mite affects the fruits themselves, cobwebs the plant and lives, sucking out the juice.
In the initial stages, the leaves of the pepper begin to become covered with brown heels, and their drying takes place.
Ants, although not the direct pests of seedlings, but they protect the colony of aphids by feeding on their juice, and it in the meantime harms the plant itself. The struggle with these insects occurs through the decomposition of baits, eating which they perish. Timely observation and control of pests will allow to preserve the plants in a healthy and sound form, as well as to obtain high yields as a result.
The distance on which the seedlings are planted is also important - the scheme is not complicated: it's better to mark the beds, then the planting will be easier. Make the same sizes of holes suitable for a certain type of pepper. Observe the distance between different varieties, it is better not to plant peppers with other flavors together.
How to tie a pepper in a greenhouse: care for seedlings
To get a high harvest, you need not only properly grow and tie seedlings, but also observe a number of rules for care.
- Timely watering provides good growth and development of fruits, with insufficient moisture in the soil, brown spots can be formed on the plants, indicating burns, especially if the temperature is too high.
- Ogorodniki say - we grow pepper at the same temperature, without sharp changes and fluctuations, this will allow to strengthen the seedlings and to resist possible pests and diseases.
- Planting and growth of seedlings should occur in good light, in this case additional lamps will not interfere, they allow to receive bright and rich color of fruits and good growth.
- Frequent and timely loosening of the soil saturates the root system with oxygen and moisture.
- If plants are planted in unprepared soil, without fertilizing with fertilizers, they will grow much more slowly and bear fruit.
If the seedlings begin to grow abundantly, it is better to trim it, for proper formation. The height of 15 centimeters is a signal for pruning the top, then the development of the lateral branches begins and the nutrition of the fruits and their growth improves. If the stem does not withstand the load, especially during the ripening of the pepper fruit, it must be tied, using thick threads and stakes slightly larger than the bush itself. Without a timely garter, the seedling will not withstand the load and can break down when the fruit is not yet ripe, and lead to loss of the bush.
Planting pepper in a greenhouse( video)
Adhering to the above rules, it will be easy to care for pepper. The harvest will not only be great, but also delicious. I wish you success.