Typology of reinforced pipes from polypropylene
Polypropylene pipes reinforced - products from the most durable plastic, between the layers of which an additional layer of perforated or otherwise processed aluminum or fiberglass passes. This type of pipe fittings has a certain number of additional properties, in comparison with the same products without reinforcement.
Reinforcement of pipeline materials from polypropylene can be of several types. Each type has its own specific properties.
- Reinforcement with a solid aluminum sheet. When this method of reinforcement is used, the pipe wraps around the entire outer surface with aluminum. If it is necessary to connect the pieces of the pipe to each other, the outer layer of metal with a thickness of about 1-2 millimeters is removed. Pipe fittings of this type must be covered with protective materials before installation.
- Reinforcement with a perforated aluminum sheet. The process of reinforcement and welding is carried out using the same technology as in the case of a continuous sheet. Products of this type increase the penetration of oxygen into the skin.
- Reinforcement of the tube itself with aluminum sheet. The reinforcement layer passes either in the middle of the product, or closer to its inner surface. In the process of joining pieces of pipe material with welding, it is not necessary to clean the welding end.
- Reinforcement with fiberglass. The reinforcement layer is located in the middle part of the pipe.
- Composite reinforcement. The reinforcement layer passes in the middle of the pipe and is a mixture of fiberglass and polypropylene.
Polypropylene reinforced pipes: advantages of
Reinforced polypropylene pipes have a number of advantages over those without the reinforcement layer.
- The strength of the tubular product rises, and, consequently, resistance to mechanical stresses.
- There is an increase in the boundary temperatures that can be sustained by the skin of the system.
- Elimination of blistering and deformation of the plumbing fixtures after a while.
- Conservation of skin coatings that are superimposed on the system( for example in a heated floor).
- Improvement of the overall aesthetic appearance of pipe communications.
- Naturally, the following properties of polypropylene pipes are preserved: comparative cheapness, durability, chemical resistance, no erosion, elimination of blockages
Polypropylene reinforced pipes: mounting process
Installation of reinforced polypropylene water supply valves similar to that of non-reinforced polypropylene tubular products. The difference is manifested in several specific features. The ends of pipes with external reinforcement must be stripped to a thickness of at least one millimeter. And the main process is done by welding the necessary elements among themselves by preheating them with a special soldering iron.
Scope of Application
The scope of the polypropylene reinforced pipeline is very extensive. In addition to traditional communications: water supply for hot and cold water supply, sewage system and so on. However, it is possible to use strong pipes as a reliable protection for electrical wiring, and even for creating original decorative elements: a dividing wall, a chair frame, a mirror frame or a non-trivial decor for a street or a house.