Every summer resident always has a lot of trouble, especially during the season. But if you analyze all the problems of the growing gardener, then, in essence, they are reduced to two main ones: combating weeds in beds and increasing the yield of planted crops. There is a relatively simple solution - to use on the beds of covering material. We will understand what it is, what to consider when choosing it, and what is the specific nature of the application of this or that type of products.
Varieties of concealed material
The cost of the fabrics depends on their parameters( mainly width and thickness).Therefore, further all prices - starting, for the "square".
- Low cost of 1 m².
- Good light transmission capacity.
- Short-lived, as the strength of this covering material can not be said. Typically, this film is enough only for the season.
- Restriction in use. If the temperature drops below -5º, the frost protection film will not protect it.
- Elimination of damages on such a cover material - the process is so complicated that it is easier to replace the blade.
- Complete air tightness. This leads to the fact that, firstly, the beds should be regularly ventilated. Secondly, the droplets of condensate, which are formed under this UK, automatically turn into mini-lenses. Consequently, burns of sprouts can not be avoided. Given all the shortcomings of the film p / e, its cheapness is unlikely to compensate for all the hassle associated with caring for the beds covered by it.
The price is from 2,5 rubles / m².
- Increased strength. Even mechanical damage remains local, since the armwool prevents the length of the cut from increasing.
- Ability to reuse. With the accuracy in use, this covering material will last at least 6 to 8 years.
- Insufficient elasticity. A film with reinforcement should be used on relatively flat areas. For beds it is quite suitable( even with fastening on arcs), but it's unlikely that the UK for greenhouses is.
- High price.
The price is from 32 rubles / m².
Light stabilizing film
The products appeared on the market relatively recently, but it has already proved itself quite well. Thanks to the applied protective layer it is possible to protect plants even at significant frosts - up to -8º.And the service life in comparison with the usual film p / e is much higher, which makes it possible to use the covering material for at least 2 seasons.
The modification "light-converting" is interesting in that it converts ultraviolet into IR-spectrum rays, which favorably influence plants( for example, domestic products "Biosvet").
For gardeners living in northern regions, linen fabrics treated with phosphor will be of interest. Even in the twilight, they will ensure that there is enough light in the beds.
The price is from 76 rubles / m².
This covering material is multilayered. Between the levels n / e are air "balls".
On the effectiveness of protection from low temperatures, such cloths exceed the conventional film by several tens of times. For regions with a harsh climate - an irreplaceable thing.
Price - from 14,5 rubles / m².
It is separated into a separate group, although it is just a kind of film coating made on the basis of polypropylene, the fibers of which are fastened in high temperature conditions.
This CC( often called spunbond) has the same advantages as all types of films. But there is a significant advantage - the possibility of repairing canvases with mechanical damages, depending on their nature in various ways.
Cover material easily stitches, stitches. And if you consider that it can be washed, then the lifetime is almost unlimited. The only difficulty is the correct choice of a nonwoven PC for density for a certain type of crops.
Price - from 5.6 rubles / m².
Classification of non-woven covering material
Density( g / m²)
Up to 17 - this product is used to protect beds and plantations without the installation of a frame. Due to the low density, these canvases can be left in place for a long time, as the ground is watered without removing the coating. Water flows well through it, therefore, the process of irrigation of the site is greatly simplified.
27 - 35. This density is average, therefore such cloths are considered universal. They are used mainly in the arrangement of temporary hotbeds, on the arches that many summer residents use, covering beds after planting some crops( for example, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers).
35 - 45. The material is more dense, and the main sphere of its application is spring greenhouses.
45 - 60. Such cloths are much stronger. Therefore, it is advisable to use them to cover long-term greenhouses, for the whole season. Due to the specific characteristics of the material, it reliably protects the soil and plants from sudden temperature changes, scorching rays of the sun, birds. Excellent for beds with podzimnim crops, as well as to protect from freezing segments with heat-loving plants.
˃ 60. The main purpose is to mulch trunks and beds. The high density of the canvas provides a greenhouse effect, and in early spring the soil beneath it warms up much faster.
By the color of
- White is the most common. It effectively reflects the sun's rays and prevents overheating of the segment of the territory.
- Black. This color is typical for high-density films. It "attracts" the heat rays and provides more intensive warming up of the soil.
What to take into account when choosing a covering material
- The specificity of the plot is the illumination, the slope of the beds, the average daily temperatures, the composition of the soil.
- What crops are supposed to be sheltered, for how long.
- The main purpose of MC is soil protection( and in what way) or planting.
General recommendations of
- If it is purchased for early greenery, forcing vegetables, then it is advisable to use a polyethylene film or agglomerated nonwoven with a density ranging from 17 to 32.
- The task of mulching beds( for example, with strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini), protecting them from weedssuccessfully solved by agrofiber( black color) with a density of about 45( ± 5).Intensive absorption of sun rays will create a greenhouse effect, but weeds can not develop without sufficient illumination.
- Some gardeners practice groundless cultivation of crops. In this case, the black-and-white film is the most suitable as a covering material. It is on sale is extremely rare, so it is better to order it. What is its advantage? The white side perfectly reflects the sun's rays, and the black side "blocks" the development of weeds.
- When choosing a concealed material, you should carefully examine the available documents for the goods. The manufacturer always gives recommendations on its use. Such information will help determine the feasibility of buying a particular cloth.
The article gives only a general overview of cover materials and basic advice on the selection and application of CC, since it is impossible to foresee everything. With a lack of experience in the cultivation of garden crops and care for them, the expert's tips do not interfere.