Separation of the personal account for payment of utilities in a privatized and non-privatized apartment

Separation of a personal account for utility payments in a privatized and non-privatized apartment

In the event that two or more families live in the same apartment, in addition to a lot of domestic problems, the issue of dividing utility bills may sharply arise. This issue has many nuances that must be taken into account in order to reduce the time and financial costs.

First of all, it is necessary to determine the legal nature of the concept of "personal account".This concept is defined by a specific person - the addressee, to whom the housing and communal services presents a receipt for payment of public utilities and in case of non-payment, a lawsuit will be filed in his name.
There are two ways to separate personal accounts: the first way is the voluntary consent of the parties( tenants) to split accounts for utility bills, the second way - through the court.

From January 1, 2011, the fee for utility services will increase

Separation of a personal account in a privatized apartment with the consent of the parties occurs by making applications from all homeowners to the management organization, to provide public services or utilities. In the application it is necessary to specify a request for dividing the accounts for payment of utility services for all tenants or allocating a personal account for a particular tenant within a certain area. In this case, it is necessary that the part of the apartment allocated for a separate personal account to pay utility bills meet certain legal requirements and be suitable for living. At the same time, the provision of public services is made in relation to the number of registered residents, and after the separation of receipts, tenants are transformed into neighbors. After the division of a personal account in a privatized apartment is impossible, that the housing conditions of one of the tenants deteriorate, the apartment remains in common ownership, but each of the tenants becomes the owner of their share of the apartment.


Procedure for the division of personal accounts

For the section of the personal account in a privatized apartment the following documents will be needed:

  1. Documents confirming the right of shared private ownership of housing. If the shares in the property right are not singled out, they can be determined by consent of the tenants through a notary or in the absence of consent - through the court.
  2. Provide documents on ownership of the management organization and write a statement there. The number of shares and their size should be clearly defined in the application, according to these data, the recalculation of payments for utility bills will be made.
    The next month the tenants will receive separate receipts.


After the division of housing and communal services accounts, it is possible to privatize the allocated share in a privatized apartment.