The finish coat for gypsum - all the highlights
Table of contents
1 minimum knowledge
- 1.1 types of fillers
- 1.2 quality types of spackling
2 The technology works
- 2.1 surface preparation
- 2.2 The main stage
- 2.3 consumption of putty
- 3 Shpaklyuem niches and arches
- 4 Total
Plasterboard is no longer a rarity, he won the trust of a large number of consumers. This is not surprising, because the material is not only inexpensive, but also very convenient in handling, installation, and is a long time. Uneven walls will be ideal if decorate their GC sheets.
Moreover, because it is possible to make an infinite number of different exquisite jewelry in the apartment. This arches, and niches, and decorations of different shapes.
GCR and putty can be yourself.
The owner of an apartment or house for the power to do all this beauty with his own hands. Almost the only problem - is the answer to the question of how the final putty joints of sheets so that the surface is perfectly smooth look.
When installing the sheets GCR you definitely have to use not only whole pieces of standard size, but do fit. The more small inserts, so, of course, longer and joints. Putty have also dented by self-tapping heads, as well as chips and cracks.
What should be the finishing coat of drywall and how to correctly do? Let's look in more detail.
types of fillers
dry mix. It will have to be diluted with water according to the instructions just before the operation. This composition is very useful, because it keeps for a long time and is simple to use.
It should be noted that mixtures are available in three types - polymer, cement and plaster. All of them are designed for finishing drywall with his hands and can be used successfully.
- Finished plaster. It is fully ready for use, its structure has all the necessary ingredients. However, you can store it for long, otherwise it will lose its properties, and then completely dried.
- Primer. She will need to pretreat joints and cracks. Its composition is somewhat different from most of putty, so be careful when buying.
Note! Note that the dry and ready mix can be a different price and different quality. So choose not only a manufacturer, but also carefully read what is written on the packaging.
quality types of spackling
Quality spackling Q4
- Q1. The quality may not be the highest, since this type of filler used for places that are not in the open space. This internal surface, inconspicuous corners and joints. In this case, the permissible minor grooves, burrs and irregularities.
- Q2. Mean, standard quality finishes. Is used to prepare the walls for pasting wallpaper, decorative finishes (see. also possible to hang wallpaper on drywall). It should include both preliminary and finishing putty.
- Q3. Relatively high quality requirements, the mandatory presence of all kinds of filler - the start and finish. Intended for finishing prominent places, it includes mandatory grinding.
- Q4. The ideal quality, intended for covering with glaze. Final coat layer is not less than 1 mm, then carefully polished.
The technology works
Shpatlevanie divided into preliminary and main stages.
- Clean the finished design of dirt and dust. This is best done with a brush or a dry cloth.
- All joints, seams, dents from screws seal the primer. You can use masking tape, sold in DIY stores.
- If you do not use adhesive tape, after application of the primer, apply to these places grid-serpyanku.
- Mesh or tape is used for the seams in places screwing screws it is not necessary. The tape must be wet and the seams are glued with special glue. Then gently superposed belt layer smoothed with a spatula, expelling air bubbles.
- After drying, it is necessary to re primer.
- Now, the tape can be glued permanently to putty finishing putty.
The main stage
Be treated filler all seams.
- Many wonder what the drywall putty: finish or pre-treatment is important? Significant both operations. Conceding some point, you run the risk that even the best quality putty quickly destroyed.
- Once all sutures, dents, cracks, and allowed to dry thoroughly sealed, it is possible to start the main processing surface of the sheet. Use a wide spatula, gently smoothing plaster them as thin layer. Dry the first deposition layer. You should not force the drying surface, this should be done in a natural way.
- It is necessary to apply one more layer of a second. Instructions on the package should include information on the drying time of one layer. Smoothes everything is carefully follow the application of subtlety.
The finish coat.
- Thus, the surface treated 2-3 times with optional drying. If you hurry up and do all in one step, the quality can not wait. The fact that the top plaster is covered cardboard material sufficiently smooth in structure and good adhesion to the surface in this case will not.
Note! For the convenience of the master recommended to install side lighting. You'll see all the shortcomings in the work.
- Be sure to withstand the specified in the manual temperature control and humidity in the room.
- The final stage - dry sanding surface. It is possible to use a simple emery cloth or a fine grater. With its help you remove all the defects admitted in the work.
- After all the work you can paint the walls or wallpaper (see. also how to hang wallpaper on drywall).
consumption of putty
Most often, the question arises, how much to buy putty.
Calculate the amount of material is very simple, for every square meter of surface will require about 300 grams. Calculate the area and multiply by that number, you will get almost the exact number of the desired material.
Shpaklyuem niches and arches
Often the surface of the room is decorated with gypsum arches, niches, beams or slabs. Many are lost, not knowing how to putty niche plasterboard - instructions for this work is listed below. The fact that the decorative elements often has a lot of joints and angles, which necessarily need to finish.
The angles are typically treated with special thin steel profiles - kontrashultsami.
They are cut to length and glued using the putty.
Thus, the angle in the end turns perfectly flat.
- Small coated with the finish or start the putty over the entire length.
- Now kontrashults tightly pressed against the corner of the structure and is aligned with the standards.
- Excess putty gently removed spatula.
- After drying must finally putty (preferably 2-3 layers) mounted profile.
- Now you can putty for the rest of the surface of an arch or niche.
Not less of a hassle can deliver internal angles designs. But to finish their easiest serpyanku - special mesh tape. Try to strengthen it so that the middle of the fall exactly on the joint lists. Carefully smooth out all the bumps and proceed to putty corner.
Note! A little tip: you can use any object having the shape of a right angle. With it, it will be easier to press serpyanku to the joint.
For finishing, the GCR can be dyed.
If you are present in the design of the protruding end face of the sheets, they definitely need to be processed. The fact that the GCR - fairly brittle material, it can be rough when sawing, and may break off in the future.
Fill the mounted surface is a snap. Look at the photo and video materials, which are on our website and feel free to get to work.