Alucobond: 3 kinds of composite panels and their use in facade works
Table of contents
1 Product overview
- 1.1 The structure of composite panels
- 1.2 Characteristics of different types of panels
- 1.3 Advantages and disadvantages
2 Using aluminum composite manufacturing facade works
- 2.1 Tools and materials
- 2.2 facade cladding technology cluster products
- 3 conclusion
Composite products based on aluminum used in facade work worldwide
Alucobond panels (Alucobond) - is the code name that brings together the whole group facade composite materials based on aluminum. Good performance make them very popular. I advise you to look at him, even those who are not engaged in decoration of facades at the professional level. It is possible that after a thorough analysis of the characteristics of these panels and study the installation method you'll find a use for them, and in the repair of the house, and in finishing outbuildings.
The structure of composite panels
Composite panels Alucobond usually consist of two aluminum sheets with a mineral filling therebetween and a multilayer protective and decorative coating. This structure provides a combination of strength, durability and resilience.
The multilayer structure of products gives them good performance
Structure of the Alucobond panels:
- The basis - two thin (0.5 mm) aluminum sheet with anticorrosive coating.
- Aggregate - synthetic polymer. The most commonly used high-pressure foam. On the type of filler and its thickness depends largely on the performance of the product.
- internal coating -protivokorrozionny oxidized composition, which is applied to the primed surface of the aluminum sheet. The protective layer prevents damage to the aluminum in contact with a crate or bearing surfaces of any materials.
The outer cover is made of chemically inert, which helps protect against corrosion of aluminum core
- The outer cover -or polyester layer or a fluorinated layer of carbon (PVDF). The fluorinated coating has high light resistance and chemical inertness. Because of this, you can use Alucobond façade and finishing work in the most difficult climatic conditions, including in the coastal strip.
Plus an additional coating PVDF - elasticity. Even when a strong bending panel Alucobond fluorocarbon layer does not crack and does not peel off from the base, which increases the operating life of the structure under the influence of temperature deformations.
Example of the manufacturing multicolored design registration facades
- The outer laminated film - is applied over the protective and decorative coatings for its preservation during transportation and installation products.
The technology allows the panels and cassettes with different types of lamination
When producing Alucobond cut into standard size plates. Also available cluster products that can be used for cladding the facade without pre-bending, cutting and other operations.
Ready-to-install facade cassettes
Characteristics of different types of panels
Differences in the structure of the panels
Alucobond aluminum composite panels on the market in three main varieties:
- IN 2;
Technical characteristics of the different panels:
|Panel Thickness mm||3||4||3||4||4|
|The thickness of the aluminum layer, mm||0,5||0,5||0,5||0,5||0,5|
|The specific weight of the panel, kg / m2||4,5||5,5||5,9||7,6||7,3|
|The standard width, mm||1000||1250||1250||1500||1250–1500|
|Bending strength, MPa||125||240||125||240||240|
|Tensile Strength, MPa||130||130||130||130||130|
|Group of combustibility||G4||G4||G1||G1||G1|
|Group flammability||AT 4||AT 4||IN 1||IN 1||IN 1|
|A group of smoke-forming ability||D3||D3||D1||D1||D 2|
Comparison flammability of materials under the same conditions: Left - composite panel, right - 2 mm aluminum sheet
As you can see, Alucobond may be different - both in standard sizes and in operational parameters. The most popular use in facade panel works with low flammability (B1), low flammability (G1) and low or moderate smoke-forming capability (D1 and D2 respectively).
The price depends on the type of material, its thickness and other parameters. The average value Alucobond panels is in the range from 2.5 to 3 thousand. rub. per square meter (for retail or small wholesale purchase).
Dibond panel (Germany) also refers to the expensive brands
I give figures for the original products made in Switzerland. Somewhat inferior to them on the quality of domestic and Chinese products cost, of course, cheaper.
Advantages and disadvantages
The material is widely used in the production of outdoor advertising, installation of ventilated facades and other structures. Popularity Alucobond panels (as well as their counterparts Reynobond, Dibond, Alpolic, Goldstar, and so on. D.) Due to the very tangible benefits.
This lining can stay for decades without repair
- The strength and durability. About resistance to external influences and thermal movement I mentioned above. As a result of this exterior finishing material can last 20 to 50 years without replacement and repair of individual elements. In this case, the appearance and if deteriorates, then only slightly.
Official warranty from the manufacturer - 15-25 years, depending on the brand and type of panel.
- Good heat and sound insulation. The presence of an inner layer of polyethylene foam reduces the thermal conductivity of the lining, and non-uniform density panel provides good protection against external noise. According to the measurements, the panel thickness of 4 mm reduces the volume at least 22-25 dB.
The ease and simplicity allow flexible use of the material for the finishing of large surfaces and complex projects - as in this photo
- A small load. Lightweight cassettes themselves and simple mounting structure and reduces the load on the supporting structure and the foundation.
- Ease of handling.Working with Alucobond not require the use of special equipment. The finishing material is easily sawn, bent (the angle and radius), and r is rolled. D. In preparation for plating and assembly, you can use standard metal and woodworking tools.
In the industrial production of the workpiece are cut on the machine, with program control
To fit the front cartridges Alucobond size ideal milling machine or CNC (computer numerical control). But you can cut the material and hand router.
- Attractive appearance. Panels and cassettes are produced in sufficiently large palette, so the best option for the realization of design ideas will be easy.
Thanks to a wide palette of products you can pick up for any design project
- Problems with the fire resistance. Cheap varieties of facade cassettes and panels used in large-scale construction, are easily ignited and burn well. filler treatment retardants reduce flammability, but the result is a substantial rise in the cost of finishing.
Repair work, especially at high altitudes, arise from the solid labor costs
- Difficulties with repair. Typical construction of ventilated facade cassette is such that replacement of the damaged element is often necessary to remove several adjacent. Any problems it does not deliver, but still rising labor costs.
- High price. This applies primarily to "brand" products - the actual material Alucobond (Switzerland), Dibond (Germany) and several others. In the market you can find cheaper deals, but will have to save, sacrificing quality or durability.
Cheap products (primarily from composite Goldstar) looks almost indistinguishable from the brand, but they are inferior in strength and durability
Using aluminum composite manufacturing facade works
Tools and materials
Alucobond panels and cassettes can be installed independently. If you want to deal with the facade decoration in the home, in addition to facing material you will need:
|Illustration||Material for the cladding|
|Windproof vapor permeable membrane.|
For mounting screws using a screwdriver
- Set of drills and drills for metal, concrete and brick;
- I saw for cutting panels and cassettes (disk or end mill);
- Plate shears for accurate fitting;
- Knife for cutting the insulation.
For facade work, it is desirable to use the forest, allowing to move along the entire finished surface
Also, it is sure to be scaffolding or at least a mobile rack. This is due to the specifics of facade work.
facade cladding technology cluster products
The general scheme of the facade cladding with composite tapes
The answer to the question of how to work with Alucobond, depends on the type of product. Smooth bar mounted as any material for plating. But montazhakasset technology has its own characteristics.
Work is carried out under the scheme:
Markings on the wall bracket set, each anchor of which fix the metal sleeve unfolding.
To reduce the thermal conductivity of a bracket base should put a pad of paronita or similar material.
Above the brackets laid layer of fibrous insulation material (mineral wool).
The slots in the insulation do the mounting footswitch or a special saw.
Also instruction and recommends to lay on top of the insulation waterproof windproof membrane with good water vapor permeability.
Mechanical fixing of insulation.
Fix an insulation material dowel-umbrellas with a wide neck. Each dowel anchoring nail or locking screw.
Mounting of the vertical profiles.
On top of a layer of thermal insulation establish vertical profiles. For fixing the profile to the bracket, you can use self-tapping screws or rivets.
The cassettes can be mounted on a standard profile, but it is best to use special products with a fastening system.
Installing the cartridges.
Cassettes of putting a composite aluminum profiles and to align the level.
The corners of the cassettes are fixed on the profile using screws for metal to drill. When fixing the monitor to cap fasteners not prominaetsya protective layer.
A support plate located within the profile, lift with a screwdriver and the plant for the hook tape.
Softwood fix the support plate in position. So it takes some of the load from the cassette corner mounts.
Install the following parts.
Nearby cassette mount next to the already established. When alignment is required to stand a uniform gap between the cladding elements.
After the completion of the facade and the complete set of works to be removed from the cassette and panel protective film. It is advisable to do this for a month, because the longer exposure there is a risk the full glue polymerization. Clean off, of course, it will be possible later, but labor costs will rise significantly.
Here is the fine surface
Alucobond material is really well suited for facades. The diagrams and video in this statepokazana optimal sequence of work for the installation of the lining of composite cassettes or panels. Consultations on the selection and use of Alucobond and its analogues can be obtained by asking a question in the comments.