Design garden paths (60 pictures): functional requirements, coating types, and the device
Table of contents
- 1 Functional requirements
2 types of coatings
- 2.1 The choice of material
- 2.2 The main types of coatings
- 3 The device tracks
- 4 Summing up
- 5 Photo Gallery
Tracks must have not only functional value, but also have aesthetic appeal and do not look the part "from the outside", therefore, the design of garden paths should be chosen with extreme care.
In the spring, when it's time to bring in the order of tarnished after the winter garden plot, in addition to planning gardening work, you need to think about the device and one of the basic elements of landscape gardening Design - tracks.
Properly arranged they will be able to perfectly complement the design of the garden, to help simplify the decorative elements of the care and greenery, make it convenient to travel around the area, bringing together the entire road network elements of the garden and all the buildings.
In addition, the competent arrangement of paths allows to hide many of the shortcomings of the landscape project.
To trails served as long as possible, you need to choose the right material for their manufacture, shape, length and width.
- they should not soak when watering the lawn or in the rain;
- should be both resilient and elastic;
- should not be heated with an actively burning sun;
- You must have a slope for water drainage.
types of coatings
A path made of artificial stone
The choice of material
To the path in the garden became an original and striking its decoration, you need to choose the right type of coverage.
Natural materials such as gravel and marble natural landscape will look like in the garden, and the garden is suitable for regular artificial stone or tile. This is one of the most common variants of the garden design.
The main types of coatings
- Artificial stone - durable and beautiful coat, which compete with natural stone. Usually, it is cast in molds, so the stone is most correct shape, facilitating its stacking. Due to the relatively low cost, high aesthetic and operational qualities, artificial stone is very popular in garden construction.
- Natural stone - almost "eternal" coating. When paving is used granite, limestone, marble, sandstone, basalt. Natural stone will give a coating naturalness and well fit into any plot style. He is in perfect harmony with the other by both natural and artificial surfaces.
- Pebbles, cobbles, cobblestone. They can be used to easily create the illusion of a seascape. They are often used to track devices in the resort area and patterned paths.
The path of paving stones
Road or clinker brick. It has virtually no restrictions on the use in gardens and parks with a different landscape. The correct shape and wide range of colors make it indispensable in creating mosaic patterns and different ways of laying.
- Concrete and Pavement - strong, durable, cold-resistant, suitable for the creation of the approach roads and paths.
- Asphalt - inexpensive and easy to clean coating for regular gardens.
- Bulk (crushed stone, gravel, sand, granite, and marble chippings) - attractively priced, easy-to-device interesting in texture.
- Wood (cut down a tree, tree bark, sawdust large, old railway sleepers) - versatile material that can be used to arrange the bridges in the garden, porches and paths.
Tip! If in your area there is an artificial pond, it is preferable to use wood floor, because it is the most natural looking next to ponds.
The device tracks
The path of the tree
The design of the tracks in the garden requires adherence to certain rules that allow them to look more natural, attractive, and save functionality:
- Width. It depends on the destination. Basic Pleasure "highways" should be wide and spacious - 1-1.2 meters, which will provide the possibility of movement on them at the same time two people walking side by side. For the other paths will be sufficient width of 0.5-0.9 m.
- Thickness "carrier" coating. For secondary paths thereon from adult human motion calculation filled trolley suitable material 4-6 cm thick, laid on a sand base. For the main, parking and business places should choose thicker material - 7-10 cm.
- Bends. Performing bends slightly more complicated device is usually smooth surfaces, however, the greater the area of curved paths, the aesthetically looks very site.
EXAMPLE garden track with discontinuities
Location coverage. Depending on the type of material used, the track may be continuous or discontinuous. Solid often satisfied in places with the greatest cross-country, track with breaks, in turn, is a bridge in the more remote and close to wild places. Both are at the right location look very attractive.
Tip! When using bulk materials as pavement should be laid on the edges of borders. This will prevent spillage of material outside of the path over time.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the material itself for the tracks, and the colors should be chosen in According to the general area of your equipment, namely - match the design of a garden site 6 ares.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.