Waterproofing Penetron - especially the correct composition and technology of its application
Table of contents
- 1 Description of composition Penetron
2 Description workflow
- 2.1 Materials and tools
- 2.2 Substrate preparation
- 2.3 Application structure
- 3 Output
Penetron waterproofing material is suitable for both new and old buildings
To protect the concrete or masonry surfaces from moisture? Penetrating waterproofing Penetron - a simple and effective option, with which you make the walls, floor and basement waterproof. I will tell you that is a part of, and share their experiences of its application.
Penetron is sold as a dry composition in packages of various types and capacities. Better to choose a plastic bucket in which the composition is preserved much better
Description of composition Penetron
To begin with we shall understand all the features of penetrating waterproofing Penetron:
Durability. Since the composition penetrates deep into the concrete structure, no damage to the surface will not affect waterproofing characteristics of the structure. insulation service life equal to the term of service of the structure;
Here is a good example of how the structure, it penetrates into the concrete to a depth of half a meter
- Versatility. Penetron can be applied to any concrete and reinforced concrete structures. He does not impair the characteristics of the materials, but gives them excellent Waterproofing characteristics;
- The growing effect. Over time, concrete moisture resistance will only increase. This is due to the fact that the depth of composition in the wall gradually crystallizes, filling all the voids through which water can penetrate;
- Self waterproofing damage. If over time the material microcracks, the Penetron closes them. This is because when moisture in the concrete or brick crystal growth resumed, and all damage tightened without further processing;
- Ease of use. Accurately process the walls and other surfaces, anyone can. To work is not necessary to use special equipment, everything you need can be hired or even use the materials at hand.
Composition can be processed as a whole surface and its parts, such as joints between the adjoining blocks
The composition is applied to the wet surface, and this is a huge plus. You do not need to dry the structure, on the contrary - the more it is soggy, the more effective will be the use of Penetron.
The main characteristics of the composition are as follows:
- Product form - dry mix. It is very convenient, because you can prepare the necessary amount of the composition just prior to use;
The composition includes Penetron cement, special fillers which cause the insulating properties of the finished mixture
- Average consumption of 1 kg per square meter. This indicator is always determined based on the dry mixture. It can vary from 0.8 to 1.1 kg per meter, depending on the type of surface. On average, it takes 1 kg at two-layer application composition;
- Pot life 30 minutes. For this reason, you should determine the amount of the preparation of the composition. Do not cook too much, and you'll have to throw the finished mixture, which has started to set. Add water in any case it is impossible, if the product is thickened, then you should not use it.
If you only fill up the design of concrete, it is possible to use a special additive Admix. It gives moisture mixture, and you do not have to carry out special treatment afterwards. It is very convenient and practical.
Admix - special additive, which is introduced into the concrete mix designs and makes water-resistant after curing composition
For pressure leaks using a special composition Peneplug. It is characterized by rapid curing period (about 40 seconds) and allows you to quickly isolate the leak, if available.
the composition of the price - 7500 rubles per pack weight 25 kg. And normal Penetron and option Admix and Peneplug are the same.
The compositions produce a group of companies "Penetron" companies, factories are located in Yekaterinburg and Astana. Products certified for quality management system ISO 9001: 2008.
I will tell you that you need to collect to operate, how to properly prepare the surface and apply makeup.
Materials and tools
Of all the water-proof materials, this option is the most simple. For waterproofing Penetron system need dry mixture and clean warm water. Approximate composition of consumption - 1kg of water consumption depends on the degree of hydration of concrete.
Cracks with an opening size of more than 0.5 mm must first be repaired special structure and only then begin processing Penetron.
From the tool you need the following:
- High pressure washer. I highly recommend using this equipment during surface preparation and moistening, as it gives the best effect. If you and your friends do not have such a facility - hire, cost of service for 1-2 days is small, but you will be able to perfectly prepare the base;
Pressure washer allows qualitatively prepare surfaces before waterproofing
- drill. Required if there is an old plaster layer on concrete or brick surface. It must necessarily be removed to open the base before processing. As used tooling for punch blade peak or special;
for punch tooling is selected depending on the type of finish you want to delete
- Brush CEILING. She is very easy to apply the composition to the surface. Pick embodiments a width of 100 mm long and with a dense synthetic bristles;
Dense hard pile on Brushes allows you to quickly and accurately applied on the surface of the Penetron
- Wire brush. It is used to prepare smooth surfaces and walls before finish processing after sealing.
Brick or concrete surface is prepared as follows:
Removes old finish. This step is performed if the walls or the floor finishing materials there.
They must be carefully removed to waterproofing composition penetrated into the surface as much as possible.
Smooth surface treated metal brush. This is in order to improve the adhesion of the composition.
Work can be carried out as a hand brush, and special nozzle, which is placed on the grinder or drill.
Use of the power greatly simplifies and speeds up the workflow.
The surface is cleaned of dust and debris. This is done or brush, or by the construction of the vacuum cleaner.
All major contamination must be removed at this stage, so you do not drive on the dirt surface.
The surface is carefully washed. High pressure installation will be removed from the base of all the remnants of sand and other compounds that remained on the hard to reach areas.
Try to treat the entire surface, without missing a single site.
The base is moistened. This second stage of processing. concrete surface should be thoroughly moistened as best as possible.
As for the walls, they are treated as long as the water does not cease to be absorbed and will flow down to the floor.
As for sex, it is necessary to humidify while on the surface will form puddles, which are not absorbed over time.
After the end of all the excess water removed with a cloth.
Processing is done with his own hands like this:
The dry mixture is poured capacity. Due to the presence in the composition of the active chemical components of all work necessarily carried out in rubber gloves.
I recommend fill composition in amounts of 0.5 kg multiples, so it will be much easier to calculate the proportion of water.
The composition is added to water. Instructions for the preparation administered strictly requires liquid to the dry mixture instead of vice versa. The amount of water - 200 grams to 0.5 kg of dry powder.
When preparing the composition manually kneaded his fingers until until a homogeneous consistency without lumps.
Adding water after mixing of the solution in any case impossible. Keep this in mind and immediately pour the necessary amount of liquid.
|Large volumes are prepared using a drill with a mixer. It is important to respect the proportions of the components, and the mixing process itself takes place quickly and efficiently.|
Depositing a first layer. Quite simply, a thick layer of the solution is distributed over the surface by a brush-maklovitsy.
Wherein the composition is distributed by individual strokes, it is not necessary to drive the brush in one place in different directions.
If large volumes of work, it makes sense to use a special spray gun for applying Penetron.
Particular attention is paid to complex design areas. These include waterproofing space between the concrete floor and the wall, as well as the inputs of communication and other items that violate the integrity of the surface.
Apply the composition with particular care not to leave even a small portion uncoated.
After 1-2 hours, the second layer is applied Penetron. The process looks like this:
If the second layer is applied more than 6 hours after the first, it is necessary to walk on the surface with a wire brush prior to treatment.
Surface after processing must be maintained in a wet state. This is done during the first 3 days. 1 or 2 times a day you need to moisten the floor or wall. The base must be constantly wet, as in the photo.
As for sex, it is possible to lay the film, it will not let moisture. After three days, it should be removed.
Before subsequent finish surface should dry for at least 3 weeks. Only after this period you can apply paint or plaster.
Using the review as an instruction, anyone can qualitatively seal the walls, floor or foundation. Videos in this article will help you understand the topic better. If you have questions - ask in the comments.