Fiber for concrete: an alternative reinforcement, which you did not know
Table of contents
1 What is fiber and why it is needed
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 In some cases, use the fiber of
2 types of fiberglass
- 2.1 glass
- 2.2 polypropylene
- 2.3 basalt
- 2.4 steel
- 3 dimensions
- 4 use Features
- 5 selection
Not everyone knows about the existence of such an auxiliary material for concrete fiber, and in fact it allows you to increase the strength of monolithic structures and increase the speed of the concrete works. I want to tell you in detail what is fiber, which species it is and when it is used.
Fiber increases the strength of concrete and improve other qualities
What is fiber and why it is needed
Concrete though and durable material, but not without drawbacks such as cracking and degradation caused by temperature fluctuations, weather conditions, mechanical loads and so on. Very often suffer from the junction of the concrete elements and structures edge. Fiber also makes it possible to eliminate this shortcoming, ie protect concrete from destruction.
Concrete strength is achieved due to the uniform distribution of the fibers within its structure
This material is a fiber length of 6 to 20 mm. They are added to the concrete during preparation of the solution, resulting in a uniformly distributed therein.
The structure of the fiber-reinforced concrete
quality of concrete with a fiber. The fibers impart strength cement stone. In addition, fibrovolokno improves the following properties of concrete:
- Increases frost;
- Reduces shrinkage during solidification;
- Increases the service life;
- Fiber in concrete improves its plasticity;
- Increases abrasion resistance and so forth.
Fiberglass prevents the occurrence of cracks in concrete
In addition, as I mentioned above, the use of fiber allows you to accelerate the implementation of concrete work, because of the added fiber is much easier and faster than a reinforced concrete grid. However, in complex reinforced concrete structures fibrovolokno applied together with metallic reinforcing elements - and mesh reinforcement.
Fibro can be used to increase the strength of cellular concrete
In some cases, use the fiber of
Scope of the auxiliary material is not particularly limited. Most often it is used in the following cases:
- In the construction of concrete platforms and pavements;
- Construction of monolithic structures - walls, foundations, etc .;
- In the construction of hydraulic structures;
- In the manufacture of shaped articles;
- To fill screeds, instead of the metal mesh;
- When plastering facades.
A fiber can replace a metal grid when pouring concrete floors
types of fiberglass
For concrete reinforcement using various types of fiber:
All of these materials have different properties, so the detailed description familiarize them with each view.
Application. These fibers are used exclusively for decoration and finishing works. In particular, glass fibers are used in the production of molded shaped articles and restoration of monuments.
Fiberglass fibrovolokno used for finishing solutions
The basic qualities. According to the manufacturer, the fiberglass fiber added into the concrete provides its savings of 15-20%. Furthermore, the present fibrovolokno has the following positive features:
- It is lightweight;
- Increases concrete plasticity.
In trade there are dry mixes, to which has been added fibrovolokno fiberglass. Such mixtures are typically used for roughing or finishing manufacturing curved designs.
In the picture mortar with fiberglass - strong and durable finishing material
Withstand severe pressure in the load-bearing concrete construction glass can not. Therefore, its application field is limited.
|Mark||The cost per kg|
Polypropylene fibrovolokno has high strength and can be used in load-bearing structures
Application. Polypropylene fiber is most commonly used as an alternative to the metal grid by pouring concrete screeds. Its main task - is to prevent the occurrence of micro-cracks in the concrete.
Also, the fiber of sometimes used when pouring foundations and walls, plastering, pouring pavements, etc. Thus, polypropylene fibrovolokno most versatile.
Fibrovolokno polypropylene is used for pouring the foundation
The basic qualities:
- high strength. Due to this quality polypropylene fibers can be used in load-bearing concrete structures;
- Durability. The material does not lose its properties for decades;
- Efficiency. It reduces the likelihood of the formation of shrinkage cracks up to 90%. For comparison, a metal grid to cope with this task by only 6%.
In addition, the polypropylene fiber concrete increases the impact resistance of 500%.
|Mark||The cost per kg|
|United Industrial Company||260 rubles.|
|C Airlayd||240 rubles.|
Basalt fibrovolokno different strength and durability
Application area.Basalt fiber has a very wide range of applications. Most often it is used in the following concrete structures:
- Concrete floors;
- Fire-proof construction;
- Water channels;
- Slope stabilization, etc..
Basalt fiber is not afraid of exposure to high temperatures
The basic qualities:
- Resistance to mechanical stress. This allows the use in fiber of designs that are subject to high mechanical stress;
- Resistance to aggressive media. Basalt fiber is not afraid of alkalis or acids;
- Non-flammable. Since the material of mineral origin, it can be used in flame retardant structures;
- Durability. Thanks to the qualities described above can last more than 70 years.
cost: The price of basalt fiber of similar to the cost of polypropylene fibers.
Steel fiber has the highest strength
Application area. Steel fiber is used in those cases when it is necessary to obtain high strength concrete structure. In particular, it is used in the production of the following products:
- Concrete fences;
- Paving slabs;
- Strip foundations, base plates and so on.
Steel can be used in concrete beams
The basic qualities. The main property of this material is high strength.
cost: The average price of 50-60 rubles per kg.
Scope fiber depends on the fiber length
Important parameters fiberglass relates not only to the material of which it is made, but the fiber length. According to the fiber of this parameter can be divided into three main groups:
- 6 mm. It is used in plastering trowels and solutions, and is also used for the reinforcement of porous concrete. The fibers not only increases the strength of the material, but also improve the generated geometric shape;
Fiberglass length of 6 mm is used in the manufacture of shaped articles
- 12 mm. It is used for increasing the strength of the floor slabs, foamed concrete, hollow concrete structures, foundations, piles, etc .;
- 18 mm or more. The fibers of this length are added to the heavy concrete, which use a large gravel or slag. As a rule, heavy fiber concrete used in road laying, construction of bridges and other structures that require high strength.
To prepare a solution of a fiber is necessary to use the mixer or blender building
Finally consider how the preparation of solutions based on cement with fibers. For this purpose, you will definitely need a cement mixer or mixer construction. The latter can be replaced by a conventional electric drill with a special nozzle.
Before proceeding to the preparation of the solution, you need to calculate the necessary amount of fiber. This value depends on the type of the latter:
|type of fiber||1m3 consumption, kg|
To increase the strength of the structure, you can slightly increase the fiber content in concrete.
Fiberglass is added to the dry mixture before pouring into water mixer
Instructions for preparing the solution is as follows:
- In the mixer in portions added cement and sand;
- Then the required amount of fibers is filled;
- After thorough mixing, the dry mixture is added the required amount of water, which depends on the type of brewed solution;
- The final stage - the addition of coarse aggregate (crushed stone, gravel or slag).
If you need to cook your own hands a small amount of solution in a bucket using a mixer, work is done in the following sequence:
- Pour the required amount of water in a bucket;
- Add fiber of and mix it with water;
- Then gradually refill the dry mixture into the bucket and mix it with water and a fiber.
Regardless of the method of preparation of the solution, it is necessary to ensure uniform distribution of the fibers in the mixture.
As you can see, you need to correctly pick it up in order to achieve the maximum effect from the use of fiber - in some cases nuzhnastalnaya fiber for concrete, in others it will be advantageous fiberglass or polypropylene. I recommend further watch the video in this article. If you have any questions regarding fiber, ask them in the comments, and I will gladly answer.