Welding argon - all you need to know about this process,
Table of contents
1 Features of the process and guidelines for its conduct
- 1.1 Pros and cons of technology
- 1.2 Properties workflow
- 2 Output
The small thickness allows even weld joining small parts
You need to connect the elements of the non-ferrous metal or stainless steel? I'll talk about this type of work as welding with argon. You will learn all the features of this technology, and as a bonus I will give some recommendations, following which you can achieve the perfect welding parts.
argon welding technology allows even repair alloy wheels
Features of the process and guidelines for its conduct
Welding in argon to protect the mating surface from oxidation. This ensures a high quality of the connection and it becomes possible to work with those materials that are not amenable to conventional welding machines.
The compounds are obtained strong and neat
The work can be performed in an automatic, semi-automatic and manual modes. Argon welding is done with his own hands in manual mode, which is what we look at. The technology allows the use of consumable and non-consumable electrode, the first embodiment more popular due to the ease and reliability.
The tungsten is used, it is very refractory and can reliably fasten together both identical and different materials as the electrode.
It is important to determine in advance how a non-consumable electrode is better to make work for each type of material has its own modification
Pros and cons of technology
To understand the issue, you need to understand what are the advantages and disadvantages of welding argon. Let's start with the positive aspects:
- High quality. The area, which is heated during welding, very little. This makes it possible to combine quality, even small items without strain. The seam turns out very carefully - it is one of the most aesthetic types of welding, see photos and see it;
If you are familiar TIG welding, you can achieve the perfect quality seams
- Connectivity difficult materials. If you need to weld copper, aluminum and other nonferrous metals, the argon welding will be the only possible solution. And you can combine different materials that generally is not available to other technologies;
Argon welding method makes it easy to connect copper and stainless pipe
- High speed. high power electric arc allows you to connect the elements very quickly. This is a significant advantage for large volumes of work;
- Reliability. Argon - an inert gas which is heavier than air, so during welding is securely It closes the connection area, excluding the oxidation surface and providing high quality compound parts;
- The simplicity of the technology. Of course, carrying out welding work is possible only with certain skills, but it is easy to get hold of them, and you can in a short time to become a master in this case. If you have some time some practice under the supervision of a specialist, you will learn all the nuances without any problems.
Jobs are not complicated, it can be learned in a month and a half
To carry out the work needed welding machine with an oscillator, a special burner and tank with an inert gas. Scheme of operation is shown below.
It looks like argon welding construction
We have the technology and disadvantages:
- The need for special equipment. Some rework standard welding machines, but with no experience in this matter, I advise all the same to buy a special unit to carry out high-quality work;
The price of the equipment is 15 000 rubles
- Strong heating of the surface. If you spend a high current arc welding, it is desirable to use additional cooling to prevent overheating of the elements;
- Depending on weather conditions. When is welding - argon should be sufficient at the junction, but because of the wind drafts and it can swell, which adversely affects the strength of the seam.
argon welding has a number of important nuances that advance a better understanding:
- The polarity and current direction. If you work with the base steel and alloys on their basis, it uses direct current straight polarity. Aluminum, beryllium and magnesium are better to cook with reverse polarity, so the oxide film is destroyed much faster;
Aluminum is much better cooked with reverse polarity current
- Constant monitoring of the working environment. To weldable surface is not saturated with nitrogen and oxygen from the surrounding air, watch to the filler wire and the electrode is constantly in an argon atmosphere;
Argon should cover the entire working portion
- Current exposure parameters. When the DC is very important to make the necessary hardware settings according to the type of material used electrodes, etc. All figures are in the instructions to the equipment, read all the information carefully in order to properly adjust power current;
- The correct position of the electrode. When carrying out work tungsten electrode must be kept as close as possible to the welding surface to the arc length as small as possible. The longer the arc, the shallower the depth of penetration of metal, which adversely affects the quality of welding;
Keep the electrode as close to the welded surface
- Spend the job right. That the seam was in perfect quality, you need to work in one movement along the seam line. No zig-zag and transverse movements, this makes sloppy seam;
- Exactly lead welding wire. In the course of conducting wire located in front of the burner at an angle to its surface. It must be placed in an argon bath near the electrode. Do not wag the wire, it is very much worsen the quality of the seal.
- It is important to make a crater at the end of work. Shut down by the arc precipice assigning burner wrong, it greatly weakens the seam. That's right - a rheostat to reduce the effect of current and solder the crater. The supply of argon was stopped after 8-10 seconds after the end of welding, and spot welding operation initially warms argon for 20 seconds;
After the crater is sealed, and the gas feed is stopped after 10 seconds
- proper preparation. The surfaces to be connected, must be cleaned of dirt and grease.
You learned how to perform welding with argon. Using my recommendations, you will be able to ensure the perfect quality of the work. Videos in this article will help you understand the topic better, and if you do not understand something - ask in the comments.