floor design in the kitchen (36 photos): tile, wood, linoleum, stone covering, carpet and combination of materials
Table of contents
- 1 Tile
- 2.1 Benefits
- 2.2 disadvantages
- 3 Linoleum
- 4 stone cover
- 5 carpeting
- 6 combine coverage
- 7 Summing up
- 8 Photo Gallery
The most common repair the kitchen floor tiles carried out because it meets all the requirements, but in some cases you can pay attention to the stone, parquet wood, linoleum and even carpet coverage.
Kitchen floor tiles
Of course, the use of tiles out of the competition. She has a very high strength and stiffness, which allows the coating does not deform under any influences. Resistance to high temperatures makes it possible to coat the surface of the tile near the boards and even conduct fireplaces.
- High rigidity leaves no chance dish that fell on the floor.
- Cold and uncomfortable surface is provided even in the warmer months.
- Glossy tiles sufficiently slippery, especially after contact with water.
Tile - the perfect solution in terms of design. It can mimic wood, stone, masonry, metals, gold, fabric and even skin, not to mention a variety of ornaments.
wooden floor in the kitchen
Wood - the second most popular material after the tiles. Natural colors, saturated colors, alive texture - all this creates an atmosphere of comfort, especially in combination with a wooden wall finish. It is believed that the parquet of the olive tree is superior to strength tiles.
Parquet made of wood stacked in various ways - chess, the Christmas tree, twist, deck opening designers the opportunity to experiment and the use of several types of wood increases their more more.
Note! If the parquet floors on the diagonal, you can visually enlarge the space of the room, which is especially useful for small square dishes.
There are several variants of the wooden floor covering:
- array. One piece of wood boards laid on the floor prepared. Perfect for a country style.
- parquet board. It is made of three layers of wood, varnished. Cooking for stacking and more resistant to humidity and temperatures.
As the design of the tiles in the kitchen, wooden floor also has its drawbacks.
- The complexity in the care of the material.
- Non-resistant to chemical attack and moisture.
- Absolute instability to temperature.
- Inability to use underfloor heating in conjunction with parquet.
- Traces after being hit by sharp objects.
The use of linoleum
More affordable in terms of price replacement flooring is linoleum. Color and texture linoleum range is very wide, so everyone can choose the desired option. There are several types of linoleum - natural or PVC, is a cheaper substitute.
The advantages of linoleum:
- environmental friendliness;
- antibacterial properties;
- impact resistance;
- resistance to fire;
- antistatic and anti-slip coating;
- resistant to chemicals;
- allowed laying on heated floors;
- It does not deform under the legs of furniture.
Note! If you do decide to take the PVC linoleum, do not forget about the substrate made of natural fabrics. This will reduce static electricity and makes walking on the surface of the more enjoyable.
Often stone coating is applied to the repair of private homes. It looks very nice, fairly resistant to mechanical, chemical and thermal influences, as well as serve to the owner for a long time. However, the process of laying the stone floor is quite complicated, and the cost of natural stone tiles and parquet exceed.
The stone floor is created in several steps:
- Material prepared for installation, select the most even and stable stone tiles.
- Fixed on cement mass basis.
- Produced grouting solution.
- Immediately after the grout clean the surface of the cement so it will not spoil the natural color of the stone.
Carpet in the floor finish
Many believe that the carpet is absolutely not suitable for the kitchen, the material is completely resistant to dirt, heat and moisture. However, comfort, obtained with the use of the carpet, do not spoil any cons.
Fight with moisture quite easily via hoods, carpet vacuuming and easily purified from spots.
Combining multiple coatings
Due to unusual ideas for the renovation of the kitchen and a combined function of several rooms in one, we get options when you need to use several types of flooring in one room.
The kitchen is divided into working and dining area. Studios include also the reception area for guests. Needless to say, for the separation of these sites used different floor: kitchen - tiles for the dining room - parquet or laminate, and for the living room carpet. It all depends on your imagination.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.