Facing the front of the house: what material is best to use and why
Table of contents
- 1 Wooden decoration boards
2 front panels
- 2.1 plastic siding
- 2.2 metal siding
- 2.3 fiber cement siding
- 3 Thermal panels
4 piece materials
- 4.1 Decorative rock
- 4.2 Ceramic tile
- 4.3 Brick
- 5 Output
How to decorate the facade of the house, so it was a beautiful, durable and reliable? I'll talk about common finishing materials, which personally worked on their technical parameters and characteristics of the installation.
Facing materials adorn the facade of the building and protect the walls from the adverse effects of the environment
All existing materials can be divided into several groups:
Next, in order, consider all of these facade materials.
Wooden decoration boards
Deal board has a flat profile
Depending on the shape of the profile, wooden materials are divided into the following types:
- Wall paneling. It is a flat finishing the board, the profile of which resembles a timber;
A block house is different from the cylindrical lining profile
- Block house. It differs from the cylindrical lining profile, which resembles a timber;
- imitation of beam. Externally, the material is similar to the lining, but in larger sizes and thickness, so is ideal for exterior decoration;
Beam imitation differs from the lining more massive dimensions
- Planken. Boards with a flat profile and tapered ends;
The bar has not shunt and has a beveled edges
- Wood siding (American linings). From the usual lining characterized in that the boards are placed on the wall of a herringbone pattern, ie the upper edge overhangs the lower boards.
Wood siding is installed "herringbone"
- Durability. Thanks to the modern impregnation, which protects the wood from moisture and biological effects, the service life of these materials in the tens of years;
- Strength. Wooden finishing materials resistant to various mechanical loads, including shock;
Wood trim in addition to insulate the walls of the house
- Weatherproof. Wood is not afraid of any frost or high temperatures, in addition, protects the wall from moisture;
- Good insulation qualities. Wood veneer extra insulated walls, and provides noise insulation.
- The need for care. Wood paneling needs periodic processing impregnation or varnishing;
Wood finishing periodically need maintenance
- Price. The tree can not be called cheap material, especially for products from such species as larch, cedar, oak, etc.
|Material type||The cost of 1m2|
|Wall paneling, extra grade, larch||950|
|Wall paneling, grade and, Angara pine||750|
|Blockhouse, class B, pine||420|
|Imitation of timber, AB grade, pine||500|
|Imitation of timber, BC grade, pine||650|
The most common finishing materials for facades - it's all kinds panel. They come in different forms:
All of them have different qualities, seen in detail below.
If you want to decorate the facade inexpensive and beautiful, use the plastic panels. Usually they are made of PVC. These panels are called vinyl, PVC or siding.
There are also more expensive options plastic panels - the so-called ground siding. It is characterized by high strength and are often made of foam.
Vinyl siding there is a variety of colors
- Design. The panels can simulate different coatings from wood, stone and ending;
- Practicality. The panels do not require maintenance and are easy to clean;
- Durability. According to the manufacturer, the panel can last 25-50 years, depending on the model;
Steering siding facade is not in need of care
- Resistance to biological influences. The plastic does not rot and is not affected by parasites.
The brittleness at subzero temperatures. Vinyl panels are becoming very brittle in the winter season. Low quality materials may even crack themselves.
This disadvantage does not touch the ground siding, but it costs significantly more expensive than conventional PVC panels;
Socle panels durable PVC siding, but more expensive
- A large number of low-quality products on the market. Therefore, the panel must acquire only from reputable manufacturers are not trying to save. Otherwise, the liner may be rendered useless after only a few years after installation.
Cost. Plastic panels are cheap, with the exception of ground Siding:
|Material type||The cost of 1m2|
|PVC panel Holzplast||190|
|PVC panel AMC Group||260|
|PVC panel Timerblock||340|
|Plinth panel Dolomite||450|
|Plinth panel Lobas||700|
Metal siding can reliably simulate the texture of wood
This material for cladding the facade represents Hot-pressed steel sheets or aluminum coated. Profile sheets can mimic board, siding or logs.
Some models of such panels have a coating applied by printing, thereby reliably mimic the texture of wood. Therefore, metal siding often looks more beautiful than the plastic.
Profile metal panels can simulate the beam
- Strength. Metal panels are much more resistant to mechanical loads than plastic;
- Durability. Depending on the type of material and form a polymer coating, metal siding can last 25-50 years;
Wheel metal facade panels will last at least 25 years
- Weatherproof. The material is not afraid of low or high temperatures, moisture, etc .;
- fire resistance. Metal siding - it's one of the most fireproof materials.
Disadvantages. Despite the fairly high specifications, the material also has some disadvantages:
- Noise. Steel sheets rattle during rain or strong wind. However, this problem can be solved by laying noise insulation, for example, penofol;
During precipitation metal siding is very noisy
- High price. Metal panels are more expensive than plastic.
- Thermal conductivity. Sheathing is extremely hot in the sun, so when it is desirable to use thermal insulation installation.
|Material type||The cost of 1m2|
|Grand Line timber imitation||630|
|Profstal timber imitation||510|
|ECOST, logs imitation||500|
|Metall Profil, monochrome siding||300|
Sheathed fiber cement siding facade looks difficult to distinguish from wooden
fiber cement siding
For facades lately sometimes use fiber cement siding - is a relatively new material, which is made of a fiber-reinforced cement. However, widespread it has not received as a result of some of the deficiencies, which I will discuss below.
- Attractive appearance. Panel mimic a variety of natural materials - wood, stone, brick, etc .;
Sheathed fiber-cement facade panels can last 40-50 years
- Fire safety. As metal siding, fiber cement panels have good fire resistance;
- Durability. According to data from the manufacturer, fiber cement siding can last up to 50 years;
- Resistance to low and high materials. The material is not afraid of water, temperature changes and so forth.
Fiber cement panels are very massive
Disadvantages. can be isolated from the disadvantages of the facing material:
- Instability to shock loads. Fiber cement siding is very fragile;
- High price. This material is much more expensive than plastic and vinyl panels;
- Ability deformation. Under the influence of moisture panel can be deformed;
- A lot of weight. Fiber cement panels weigh much more plastic and metal siding;
- The complexity of machining. For cutting boards should be used grinders.
|Material type||The cost of 1m2|
|Click Kedral Wood||1500|
Fiber cement panels have a two or three-layer structure
Thermal panels can be distinguished as a separate group of coating materials, since they are fundamentally different from other facade coatings. Their main feature is the presence of two layers:
- Insulation. It serves as the foundation panels. As a heater can be used polyurethane foam, polystyrene foam or extrusion;
- Protective and decorative coatings. Protects the insulation from the environment, as well as decorates the walls of the facade. As such a coating can be used ceramic tile, marble chips, steel sheets and others.
Some kinds of panels has a three-layer structure. The third layer is located on the rear side, and makes the rigidity of the panels. Typically, the third layer is used as plywood or OSB.
Thus, in the case of thermal panels, the house facade cladding takes place with simultaneous warming of the walls. This is the main positive quality of the material.
Steering thermopanels facade outwardly indistinguishable from the brick lining
- Design. The panels have an attractive appearance, the design can be very different. For example, panels coated with ceramic tiles allows to simulate brickwork;
- Form a continuous insulating layer. The panels are connected to each other in the lock, thereby avoiding thermal bridges;
Thermal panels securely dock the castle
- Strength. Thanks to the protective layer is resistant to impact loads;
- Durability. It depends on the type of coating and insulation. The average lifespan is about 50 years;
- High price. Thermal panels are more expensive than a separate facing panels and insulation;
- zero vapor permeability. This can lead to the dampness of the walls. Repair problem by mounting on the frame of thermopanels technique ventilated facade;
Installation of thermal panels mounted on the technology front will not break the water vapor permeability of the walls
|Mark||Price per 1m2|
|Feldhaus Klinker R200 Amari Liso (polyurethane insulation coated ceramic tiles)||2800|
|"Flexible stone" (expanded polystyrene covered with marble chips)||1500|
|Rokk (extruded polystyrene covered kvartsgranitom)||1500|
|Savage QZ-03 (polyurethane foam insulation coated stoneware tiles)||2400|
The most traditional solution - oblitsevat house piece goods. These include:
Decorative stone always looks beautiful and noble. Furthermore, the natural material is very durable. It is therefore not surprising that the popularity of this type of finish never passes.
For façade cladding using different kinds of stones, which differ not only in appearance and cost, but also characteristics. Let's briefly take a look at the most popular ones:
- Sandstone. The most common stone, due to the attractive appearance and low cost.
Inexpensive and relatively lightweight natural stone
Sandstone is soft enough, so it is easy to process. Another advantage lies in the relatively low weight. However, its durability is inferior harder rocks;
- Limestone. This is another inexpensive and beautiful stone. Characteristics and operational qualities it is no different from sandstone;
Limestone - another inexpensive facing stone
- Slate. Layered stone, which can vary color from light yellow to black. In addition to an attractive appearance to its advantages include ease of processing. Therefore, the slate is used not only for the facades, but also the roof;
Slate - durable stone with a rich palette of colors
- Granite. Very durable and hard rock, which has a large weight. Due to the beautiful texture and a rich selection of colors with decorative qualities with granite can be compared only marble.
Granite - one of the strongest and most durable stones
Another advantage is the durability of granite - this rock is practically eternal. However, its price is very high;
Basalt. It has similar properties to granite, because only different appearance. As for the cost, it is significantly lower than the price on the granite;
Basalt strength is not inferior to granite
- Marble. This stone needs no introduction, as its attractive appearance is known to all. Disadvantages are the same as that of granite - the high cost and heavy weight. In addition, with their own hands marble processing without special equipment you can not cope.
Marble - the most expensive natural stone
Recently, for facade cladding is also used artificial stone, which is made of cement. Externally, it is quite authentic character of natural stones from sandstone and marble finishing, but is much cheaper. However, the durability of the material is much lower.
- attractive appearance. Stone always looks beautiful, and blends well with other facing materials - wood, plaster, bricks, etc .;
Stone cladding will serve for decades
- Durability. The service life of hard rock do not particularly limited. Light rock, such as sandstone, can last 50-100 years;
- Strength. Stones are not afraid of any mechanical stress.
- High price. This is especially true of such rocks, as granite and marble.
- A lot of weight. For this reason, the stone is usually used only for partial finishing, for example, the cap and the outer corners of the house.
|kind of stone||Price per 1m2|
|Emperador marble polished||4500|
The durability of ceramic tiles more than 100 years
Ceramic tiles - this is a good alternative to stone. In some ways, this material even better.
- Design. Can reliably simulate brick or natural stone;
Lined with ceramic tiles reminiscent of the brickwork facade
- Durability. Manufacturers tend to ensure long service life of 100 years;
- Strength. The coating is resistant to mechanical stress;
- Low weight. Tile weighs considerably less than a stone or brick;
- UV resistance. It does not change color over the entire lifetime.
Installation of tiles requires certain skills
- High price. Quality tile is more expensive than, for example, sandstone or slate;
- The complexity of the installation. The material has a regular geometric shape, and therefore requires accurate and precise mounting.
on the facing of the facade tiles instruction is not unlike its indoor installation. The only thing for it is necessary to use special glue.
|Mark||Price per 1m2|
|Feldhaus Klinker «sintra geo»||2600|
|Celina-Klinker «Arosa-Rustik Tobacco»||1300|
|ArtStone Klinker «ASK-20 Saumon»||1050|
|A.D.W. Klinker «Sandgelb»||1000|
brick cladding gives the house a kind of new structure
Finally, consider a common finishing material as a facing brick.
- Strength. Additional facing wall will protect load-bearing walls of any effects of the environment;
Appearance. Facing brick gives the house a kind of new construction. In addition, it allows you to restore the geometry of the building, which is important for the old wooden houses.
Brick itself is attractive, and there are different colors;
- Durability. Properly constructed facing the wall stand for as much as the house itself.
Brick wall protects against weather and mechanical influences
- A lot of weight. By facing the wall is necessary to make an additional foundation, if it was not provided for in the process of building a house;
- The complexity of installation. If you want to get really facing walls with beautiful, must build their professional mason;
- cost of. Facing brick - this is one of the most expensive types of finishes (taking into account the cost of construction of the foundation and masonry work).
Facing the wall is necessary to build on the foundations
In my opinion, decorate the facade of brick makes sense only if the old structure.
|Mark||Price per 1 pc.|
That's all facade materials, that I wanted to tell. Now you need only to decide for themselves what oblitsevat facade of the house, taking into account the financial possibilities and personal preferences.
We are familiar with all the basic properties of a variety of cladding facade materials. In addition, see more videos in this article. If we have difficulties with the choice of covering - write comments and I will gladly help.