Stretch ceilings Bedroom: 3 main factors of choice
Table of contents
1 Factor 1: The type of fabric
- 1.1 film
- 1.2 cloth
2 Factor 2: the surface type
- 2.1 glossy
- 2.2 satin
- 2.3 frosted
3 Factor 3: the design type
- 3.1 flatten
- 3.2 multilevel
- 3.3 perforated
- 4 Output
How to choose a stretch ceiling bedroom in the apartment? Before, I often thought about it, but gain experience, is ready to answer it convincingly. A bright photo supplement my story and help you make the right choice.
Well-chosen suspended ceiling can decorate any bedroom
To find ceiling stretch for the bedroom, you must first become familiar with all existing types of them that we continue and will do. Thus, this material is distinguished by the following parameters:
The main factors of choice stretch ceiling
Next, I will cover more about all the options of suspended ceilings and features.
Factor 1: The type of fabric
There are two main types of material for suspended ceilings:
Types of fabrics for ceilings
This coating is made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) film. I must say that it was the vinyl ceilings are the most popular because they look the most modern, and the cost is relatively inexpensive.
Ceiling film coating - a practical and modern solution for the bedroom
- A rich assortment of design. The material comes in many colors and different type of surface;
- Practicality. A film easy to care for;
The film protects the sleeping area from flooding
- Moisture resistance. Bedroom though is the "dry" room, but by flooding from above no one is immune. The film is able to even protect the room from flooding;
- Elasticity. This quality allows you to perform three-dimensional designs.
The film is easily torn
- Easily torn. Therefore, it should be handled during harvesting and transportation of furniture;
- Do not tolerate freezing temperatures. Therefore, film ceilings are not recommended for use in suburban homes;
- The complexity of the installation. Installation instructions of these paintings is quite complicated, so to cope with this problem will not work.
Cost. Cost is relevant in spring 2017:
|Mark||Price in rubles per 1m2|
Fabric canvas - great for the classic interior
Fabric ceilings - it is more expensive alternative film. As you can guess from the name, they represent a woven fabric. To improve the properties of the material, including moisture resistance, it is treated with polymer impregnation.
dignity: This type of material also has good performance:
- Attractive appearance. Typically, the material has a woven patterns in the form of patterns, sockets and so forth. This ceiling will fit perfectly in a classic interior;
- Strength. Material is difficult to break;
Textile coating and looks good in modern interiors
- Resistance to low temperatures. Thanks to this material can be used even in private homes that are heated from time to time;
- The possibility of painting. This allows you to quickly and easily change the color of the ceiling.
The fabric may only have a matte surface
- High price. As I mentioned above, this material is more expensive than analog film;
- Matte coating. For obvious reasons, the fabric can not be glossy.
|Mark||The cost in rubles per 1m2|
Factor 2: the surface type
Tension in the bedroom ceiling, depending ort-type surface may be of three types:
Types of surface coating
Glossy n the most popular, since it is their design looks the most original and modern.
Dignity. In addition to the attractive appearance of glossy ceilings have other advantages:
- Reflect light. Therefore, the coating is an excellent choice for bedrooms, located on the north side;
Gloss makes the room brighter and more visually enhances the space
- Visually increase the space. you can "raise the ceiling" visually with the help of such material.
Disadvantages. The minus is that the glossy stretch ceiling in a small bedroom can create the effect of "well".
When choosing fabrics for stretch ceiling, ask the store samples of various materials. So it will be easier to choose.
Satin surface - a great alternative to gloss
Satin coatings that are somewhere between glossy and matte. They, too, to some extent, reflect light, but does not have the mirror effect.
They look no less interesting and modern than the glossy counterparts. Especially it makes sense to use a satin sheet, if you fear that you will create a glossy reflective surface in the room "effect of the well."
Satin ceiling coating allows you to create the effect of a starry sky
Interestingly looks concealed lighting in the bedroom with tension ceilings glossy or satin type. Its principle lies in the fact that the light source behind the film. This way you can simulate a starry sky.
Matt coatings are of two types - fabric and tape. With the features of tissue we looked at above. As for the film, then visually they are not remarkable, because it looks like a normal, high-quality Stopper and painted surface.
Matte PVC film looks like a smooth painted surface
Therefore, in terms of design mat ceiling should be viewed as an alternative to drywall and other similar materials, not described above suspended ceilings. However, sometimes they are used for a combination with a glossy film that allows you to vary the design of the ceiling.
In addition to the type of surface, it is necessary to choose the right color and the ceiling - it should be in harmony with the rest of the palette of the room. If you decide on the color does not work, use a white coating. It is equally well with any color.
Factor 3: the design type
By type of construction considered ceilings can be divided into three types:
Types of suspended ceilings structures
Flatten ceilings represent the most simple design. As a rule, they are used in the following cases:
- With fabric paintings in the classical interiors;
One-level ceilings look beautiful with photo printing
- With matte film web, if the task is simply to level the surface before stretch ceiling;
- If the coating has a photo printing.
In other cases, to vary the design of the ceiling, as a rule, make a multi-level structure.
Multi-level design allows to diversify the design of the ceiling
Split-level or multi-level design - an excellent choice for modern interiors. They look especially beautiful with glossy and satin fabric.
An example of a two-level design with backlit
Especially interesting is the design of such a backlight. For this purpose, between the levels usually set LED Strip, resulting in the feeling that one level above the other floats.
In the picture - a three-dimensional ceiling
An alternative is the three-dimensional multilevel ceiling construction. Its principle is to perform a frame that attaches to the ceiling some relief, after which the frame is fitted by the film.
Perforated ceilings, in fact, are a kind of two-tier structure. Their principle is that the films are stretched in two or more levels. Thus lower layers have a neat hole forming patterns.
Perforated ceiling looks modern and unusual
Fabrics are usually different colors or even the type of surface. As a result of this construction looks very interesting and modern.
Now that you know what are the ceilings, which will select the most suitable option for your bedroom. Additionally, check out the video in this article. If you have questions regarding this finishing material, you can contact me in the comments, and I will gladly answer.