Shower enclosures without glass tray 4 selecting the main
Table of contents
1 Types and main factors of choice
- 1.1 Moment 1: glass variant
- 1.2 Moment 2: the design type
- 1.3 Moment 3: type of door
- 1.4 Moment 4: The size and shape
- 2 cost of
- 3 Output
How to choose a fence for a shower of glass without the pallet? Earlier I repeatedly thought about it, but now, gain experience, he will try to answer it. I am confident that this information will help beginners make the right choice.
Shower stall without pallet
Types and main factors of choice
When choosing fencing glass shower, you need to pay attention to the following points:
The main points that need to pay attention when choosing a glass element
Consider all the options and their features.
Moment 1: glass variant
Glass type - is one of the main factors of choice, since it determines the durability, strength, performance and design.
The used glass is of three types:
tempered. Subjected to special processing, thereby has high strength and resistance to shock loads. In addition, the tempered not split into fragments, as usual, and crumbles into small granules safe;
Triplex consists of several layers
Triplex. Is a laminated glass, between each film layer is located. It also has improved resistance to shock loads.
If it only cracks bounce, but at the same time it preserves the structure. Accordingly, it is also completely safe.
Plastic. The main advantage of plastic is lower cost.
However, keep in mind that plastic is easily scratched and becomes cloudy over time. Therefore, the plastic models are less durable.
Many manufacturers of glass coated with a special compound that repel dirt and also prevents the formation of limescale and so forth. This simplifies maintenance and increases the cost of the product.
Depending on the type of surface design and glass shower without shower tray can be the following types:
- toned. In the manufacture of such glasses, usually color is added in the glass mass. As a result, they acquire a particular shade or color;
Shaded element is colored throughout the thickness
- Matt. The surface of the glass treated by sandblasting, whereby they lose their luster and become less transparent with a rough surface;
Glass matting is carried out by sandblasting
- Patterned. It has on the surface a specific repetitive embossed pattern;
- Stemalit. Fully or partly colored ceramic compositions;
Patterned has embossed pattern
- With photo printing. Surface decorated photographic image.
glass decoration should be chosen taking into account the features of the interior bathroom and, of course, your personal taste.
When choosing glasses must pay attention to its thickness. It is desirable that it be no thinner than 8-6 mm. From this figure depends on the strength of the structure.
Moment 2: the design type
Depending on the type of construction, glass shower enclosure can be of two types:
- Mesh. Has a frame, ie, frame, into which the glass. Typically, the frame used for plastic enclosures;
Frameless design and modern look "air"
- Frameless. In this case, the design can be rack or just a guide. In frameless designs used exclusively solid tempered or laminated glass.
Regardless of the type of construction products, pay attention to her accessories. It should be durable, made of stainless material. In models with sliding and sliding doors it is desirable to avoid plastic rollers that are easily damaged.
Frameless design looks more modern and elegant, but are more expensive.
Moment 3: type of door
The design of the glass door can be the following types:
- Swing. The doors can be swinging and one-sided. This design is considered to be traditional.
These doors are easy to use, but take up a lot of space. Therefore, install them only makes sense in the spacious bathroom;
Swing doors can be opened in both directions
- Folding. It consists of several parts that are moved on rollers and fold "accordion". This solution allows you to save space in the room;
- Sliding. Shifted to one side. To install such doors glass shower enclosure must be of sufficient size.
Sliding doors allow you to save space of a bathroom
As you can see, the door type is selected depending on the size of the bathroom, and features of the design.
Moment 4: The size and shape
Depending on the size, glass shower enclosure can be divided into 3 types:
- Small. Have a size of 90 cm by 90 cm;
- Average. Side dimension in the range of 100-120 cm;
- Large. Dimensions sides may reach 180 - 190 cm or even more. Within such a soul can be located seat or bench for easy adoption of water treatments;
Also, a glass shower can be different shape. By type of form all designs can be divided into two types:
- Rectangular or square. Suitable for spacious bathrooms;
Corner guard rounded performed using curved glass
- Corner. Located in the corner of the room, so that can save space.
Depending on the form of shower enclosures are divided into two types:
- Triangular - this form is rare, since it is not very easy to use;
- Polygonal - easy to use, and thus consist of a flat (for square) of glass;
- Rounded - in this case the front side is a quarter circle. To implement the rounding used bent glass.
In the photo - a polygonal angular fence
To determine the size of the fence made of glass without the tray, you need to plan your room, ie, decide what kind of furniture and plumbing will be installed in the bathroom, and her position as you.
Here, perhaps, and all kind of instruction for selection of a glass enclosure.
Quality angular fence tempered glass Germany's Alex Baitler
So, what are the shower enclosures made of glass, and what to look for when choosing them, we figured out. Finally, I will give the price of some products from well-known manufacturers:
|Model||Price in rubles|
|Alex Baitler 90x90 cm||18500|
|Sturm BURG 100 x 195 cm||140500|
|Edelform 900h900 mm (angular fencing)||30000|
|Metakom 800x800 mm (angular rail, plastic)||4500|
|GLASS 90 x 185 cm||23000|
We found out with you what are the showers without glass tray, and what to look for when choosing a design. Look at the video in this article. For questions regarding the choice of the fence, you can contact me in the comments, and I will gladly answer.