Create interior of the living room in an apartment, or how to awaken a designer
Table of contents
1 What style you can decorate a living room
- 1.1 Classic is always in fashion
- 1.2 modern loft
- 1.3 High tech
- 1.4 Ecostyle
- 1.5 Art Deco
- 1.6 Minimalism
2 Highlights in the design living
- 2.1 design techniques
- 2.2 A few words about colors
- 3 Output
What is the interior living room relevant? Modern living can be large or small, form, they may be correct or not, they can even be combined with the kitchen or the bedroom, but in any case it is the center of the home. Let's look at how to equip yourself living in an apartment.
Spot lights in the living room creates a cozy home.
What style you can decorate a living room
I can assure you that when you create a beautiful interior price is worth at least second place. Beautiful interior of this unique style, so we'll talk about what features are inherent in the most popular destinations in the design of the home.
Classic is always in fashion
The classic design of the living room in the apartment on the right is considered one of the most popular. But in its pure form, this style is extremely rare, except inside it, there are several directions, each of which claims to primacy.
European classics in a spacious room.
European classics. This trend combines elements of Baroque, Rococo and of course the antique decor. The characteristic features of the style:
- High ceilings, large window openings and solid doors. For a small living this kind of design is not suitable;
- Powerful columns and an abundance of stucco. And stucco found at almost every turn, her trim ceilings, arches, columns crowns, panels on the walls and much more;
Light upholstery sofa in classic interior combines perfectly with the natural wood.
- Furniture uses only natural wood and always with high-quality, often lacquered finish. No plastic and other synthetics should not be close;
- Permissible artistic forging in black or gold-plated metal. But nickel coating to the European classics will not work, as a rule, it is artistic forging in black or gold-plated versions;
The falsity of the fireplace in the apartment will give the interior elegance.
- floors get off either parquet or natural polished stone, sometimes there is a mosaic;
- upholstery and heavy curtains made of velvet tissue type;
- Decorate the interior of porcelain vases, paintings rich shaped underframes and timber wrought figurines. But European classics does not like clutter, everything should be in moderation.
Stucco emphasize classic style decoration.
To arrange the living room in a European classical style, even in the spacious premises, it is difficult, and most importantly - costly. But if the soul is to the classics, I recommend to pay attention to the English and modern variations of this style.
Dear upholstered furniture echoes the panels emphasizes the deliberate luxury classic style.
English classics. Among those who appreciate a solid formulation of a living room in the apartment, the English style is in second place after modern classics. The British are much more democratic continental Europe, in fact it is a solid eclecticism.
Eclectic mix of decided to name a few styles. Today, such interior solutions like never popular.
The use of vertical stripes on the walls visually raise the ceiling.
- In the English classical style can make out like huge rooms and small living rooms;
- For the English the direction characterized by a cell or strip. But both one and the other decorations must be inserted with the mind and take into account the dimensions of the room, on this issue I will discuss a little later;
Recliner as one of the accents of the English interior.
- Cell and strip are not the only options for British classics, this includes vibrant flowers ornaments, so if you like the color on the walls, you know, this is a detail borrowed from English classics;
Upholstered furniture will look spectacular, if the floor lay the carpet.
- As with the European classics, the British also present massive furniture made of wood, but they are more inclined to upholstered furniture;
- Over the long history of colonial wars English culture strongly evolved, so the accessories and decorations are practically no restrictions, except that the plastic here is misplaced.
Variations on the English classics in a typical apartment.
Modern classic. This trend can be considered one of the most democratic, each designer their vision of this style, combines them only one - the picture must be whole and complete.
TV and original paintings as central elements of modern interior.
There can coexist with antiques, modern interior details, so impressive against the backdrop of upholstered furniture It will look great small coffee table with glass top and a floor lamp with nickel-plated bubble. The main thing that has not clutter objects.
Glass countertops can be harmoniously blended with a modern classic.
Fashion on the living room in the loft is a relatively new and rapidly growing in popularity. The main idea of this direction is the alteration of the impression of the production facilities in residential.
Masonry would be appropriate in the living room in the loft.
This is achieved due to the rough walls, and sometimes even its absence. For example, one of the most popular trends is considered the bare brickwork on the walls and floors, decorated board or granite slabs.
Brickwork in the living room as part of a loft style.
Ideally, the furniture must also carry traces of alteration, but the interior, assembled from wooden pallets, not everyone is ready to put in his apartment, so many people choose a comfortable chairs and sofas, the main thing is not to use a deliberately luxurious and expensive products.
Wooden floors and a chandelier in the form of a washer emphasize belonging to the loft style.
This style has a serious drawback if it is maintained to the last detail, the interior of this will blow cold. Melt the "ice" is possible by means of good textiles in warm colors and the use of "screaming" inclusions from opposite directions.
This style emerged in the second half of the twentieth century, and on the idea is to embody the scientific and technological revolution.
Living Room Furniture in high-tech style: concise form, metal, cool shades.
A feature of high-tech style are considered clean lines and no frills decor. Materials dominated the glass and silver or nickel-plated metal surfaces.
In part, he recalls the minimalism in these lounges do not have random things all worth it in place and for some reason intended. Although jewelry is still allowed, but without the frills and always with a touch of modern technocratic.
Light curtains and bright picture as a smoothing element black and white interior.
To some extent there is a decoration of various kinds of household appliances. If we talk about the pictures, then, as a rule, posters, photo urban modern cities or, at most, an abstract painting.
Ecostyle came to the forefront in the last couple of decades, when people have tired of the dominance of technology and began to seek closer to nature. But as you know, everything is new - it's pretty half-forgotten and converted old. Ecostyle here was no exception.
There are 2 main currents ekostilya:
Decor in ecological style: lots of wood and natural textiles in the "natural" colors.
- Country during characterized by its deliberate, pronounced simplicity. Moreover, Slavic and American Village is within is not limited to, with the same success it uses notes of Scandinavian, Japanese and Arab destinations;
Rough edging board like element of interior in country style.
- Another common trend in this direction is considered to be a variation on the theme of Provence. Style southern French village with her family, a soft and light tones recaptures in a country a considerable part of the fans.
Large flowers on the wall, combined with antique furniture living room talking about belonging to the style of Provence.
But, as you know, Ecostyle would not be a separate direction, though not had its peculiarities. They include household appliances, radiant shiny metal, as if torn from the high-tech style or bright interior solutions typical of pop art.
Photo wallpaper with floral ornament - the perfect complement to EKOSTIL
This direction is different from the others presented at the photos and video in this article expressly monumental and deliberate pomposity.
Living in Art Deco style - is a big spacious room with large windows and features high ceilings. Decorating the walls and ceiling should not be catchy, because they serve as a background for the bulk, sometimes for a whole wall of pictures or posters.
Living room with fireplace in the Art Deco style.
The furniture is also chosen quite massive. A distinctive feature of the Art Deco considered geometrically correct line, graceful statues of ivory, costly wood, crocodile skin and beautiful pictures.
Straight lines and luxurious finishes combined with a false fireplace talking about the interior of belonging to art deco.
Minimalism emerged as a trend in the first half of the twentieth century, but came into vogue at the turn of the 70s and 80s. He is considered one of the progenitors of hi-tech and has a lot to do with it.
Minimalism as a symbol of austerity.
The cornerstone is placed rationality. Any ornaments and decorations are kept to a minimum, and such things as graceful statues or paintings on a large curved stretcher generally not acceptable.
The interior features a minimalist simplicity, straight lines and regular geometric shapes. To room with a minimum of furniture did not seem empty and cold, it should be flooded with light.
Contrast dark furniture with light walls smoothes ascetic style of minimalism.
From high-tech minimalism distinguished by the presence of natural materials, and are welcomed by untreated or treated rudely wood, and that did not stand out much austerity is allowed to use textile inclusions, such as plain curtains on windows.
Highlights in the design living
Styles, trends, directions it is interesting and certainly useful, but when going to do the repair, it is desirable to know in advance of most of the pitfalls lying in wait.
Let's see, how to decorate the living room in the apartment with his hands and did not make any mistakes.
Of course, the design of the living room of the apartment can be quite different depending on the size of the room, window placement and financial capacity owners, but still there are certain rules which should listen:
- The walls and ceiling. The biggest headache in most domestic flats - a space shortage. In the small living room you can create the illusion of volume in three ways:
Horizontal stripes visually increase the volume of the living room.
- White color increases the volume. If you paint the walls and ceiling the same color, the border between them will be erased and the ceiling will rise, and not just rise, it will resemble the dome;
- Stripes can visually change the space. Remember, the vertical arrangement of the bands "raise" the ceiling, and the horizontal - "pushing" the wall. Moreover, it is not necessary to have geometrically regular bands have the same effect as the strip flower garlands and zigzag bands;
Vertical bar as a means to "lift" the ceiling.
- lamp size. Low small living rooms, will become even less if hung on the ceiling of a massive chandelier. Spot miniature lamps there will be more appropriate.
Electric light bulb on the ceiling of the living room is suitable with low ceilings.
- small windows. If your living room a small window, the situation could be saved due to the predominance of light tones. But the walls and ceiling can not do, it is desirable that the floors and upholstery were bright. In this case, you need to buy curtains of transparent fabric air;
Highlighting in improvised niches and glossy stretch ceiling make the room more spacious and higher.
- zoning living room. There is an opinion that the division of the room in general and in particular the living room into functional areas is characteristic only for small studio apartments, where the living room is combined with the kitchen or bedroom.
Accent lighting above the table turns into a dining area a cozy island.
So, this is not entirely true, spacious room is also now divided into separate zones, but in small apartments is a living room-kitchen, or Living-bedroom, and a large hall located reception area offers a large dining table, seating area with a TV and, as a rule, has a fireplace zone.
Just buy a diversified furniture and put it separate islands - not an option. Furthermore, it indicates a lack of taste.
partition option of glass blocks for zoning the living room.
- Set the multi-sectional sliding door. Such departing in the direction of the wall can be separated, for example, the recreation area from the kitchen, which is very convenient during cooking if necessary for a few seconds;
Zoning of the room with sliding doors multisection.
- Use to separate the different materials and colors. But do not go to extremes, the overall style of the room should remain the same, changing only colors and materials, for example, can take various types of wallpaper with similar designs, but in one color scale;
Different colors may also be used to separate the room into functional areas.
- Install the allocated area on a small podium. Once you pick up any of the zones of 50-100 mm and decorate this threshold LEDs, as the sector begins to look like a separate island;
Functional podium with drawers for the zoning of the space in the room.
- Play with the light is a fairly common and relatively inexpensive reception. But here you have to buy not only the different types of fixtures, but still it is desirable to provide for adjustment of the light intensity by sector.
Podium illuminated room is used for separation into zones.
Some even offer a partition installation option of drywall or glass blocks, but personally, I approach this division into zones do not think it's more like a redesign.
Curtains can also serve to highlight the individual zones in the room.
- Furniture. Hard chairs and armchairs are now no longer relevant, people prefer to relax on the soft furnishings. Even high-tech and minimalist with their ostentatious modesty is better to decorate if not bright, but always soft furnishings.
The bigger picture on the walls, the smaller will be the background of the furniture, and vice versa. This is due to the natural tendency of man to compare the scale on a subconscious level.
Light furniture in combination with natural skin on the floor make the interior spacious room warmer.
- Remember about accessories. Without any accessories in a modern design is almost impossible to do. Talk about the statues, vases and paintings, I do not see much sense, since it is a purely personal matter.
However, I would venture to give you a win-win 2 Board:
- Make bookshelves. Now we have somehow forgotten that at one time we proudly call the most reading nation in the world. So, the book almost any interior room will look great. Do not believe claims that the bookcase or even a regiment are purely armchair accessory, they look in the living room is also impressive;
Original bookcase in the minimalist style.
- use the fireplace. Of course, the apartment real fireplace does not deliver, but is now sold many false fireplaces occupy little space, and the solidity of living increases significantly.
Imitation fireplace in a modern style.
A few words about colors
Recently in vogue once again includes gray and black and white, of course in a reasonable combination. With them in good harmony with natural wood furniture, especially lacquered options.
Dark blotches on the prevailing light background make the room more spacious.
When white dominates the room, it should be diluted with soft, comfortable furnishings with hints of coffee, but without yellowing.
this year, the trend has become dark furniture on a milk-white background. This combination gives the atmosphere of secrecy, and at the same time order.
Whatever vivid style in the interior must be present 2, a maximum of 3 primary colors, otherwise you run the risk of being branded as a man with a lack of taste.
Bright room decor in warm colors makes the interior more "juicy" and expressive.
The material presented in the photo and video in this article, will be your good help. If any questions, please write them in the comments, discuss!
The original interior decor in the style of pop art.