We design and are building an aviary for the dog with his own hands
Table of contents
- 1.1 Question №1: What is the size at the withers in your dog?
- 1.2 Question №2: if your dog is prone to dig holes?
- 1.3 Question №3: How curious your four-legged friend?
- 1.4 Question №4: The enclosure will be installed separately or close to the other buildings?
- 1.5 Question №5: Do you plan to do to enter the aviary?
- 1.6 frame a plan
2 Construction works
- 2.1 Foundation
- 3 conclusion
Aviary has to be home for a dog, not a prison
Do you want to build an enclosure for the dog with his own hands, but do not know how to do it correctly? I will describe the whole process, from the design to the practical implementation of the plan.
Making the enclosure requires an individual approach, in accordance with the size, nature and characteristics of the behavior of your pet. Therefore, on some version of universal, however.
But there are a number of questions, the answers to which you will be able to create optimal living conditions for the four-legged friend:
Question №1: What is the size at the withers in your dog?
The dog should not be cramped in his monastery
Enclosure must meet the size of the dog. So the first thing to consider in the project, is its size:
|height at the withers, mm||The minimum allowable cage area, m2|
|more than 600||10|
But do not be too isolated and too large an area for development aviary. The extra square footage will interfere with the concentration of heat in the winter, due to which your pet will be cold.
Question №2: if your dog is prone to dig holes?
Tendency to dig holes can help to make the dog escaped from the enclosure
Before you make a cage for the dog, and it is desirable to determine the characteristic of your pet, as it is directly related to sex selection arrangement:
- Closure boards only partially. Then, your pet will remain open plot of land where it will be convenient with their physical needs. But if he has already shown his ability in digging holes, it is necessary to reflect on the appropriateness of such a decision. After escaping in this case it is almost inevitable;
- Complete closure of the boardsThat, of course, it is more practical to hold the point of view of the dog locked up. But here we must not forget that animals, even domestic, unusually defecate in such conditions. Therefore, this solution can make living conditions for your pet uncomfortable.
Sex is better to make a wooden rather than concrete or brick. Wood and has a lower thermal conductivity, and is much more pleasant with tactile contact.
Question №3: How curious your four-legged friend?
If the dog can not run on the site, or at least should be able to observe it
In fact, this is a rhetorical question, because absolutely all dogs are curious, so one of them and go excellent guardian. Just do you also need osoznavatuchityvat and at least one wall of the enclosure to make transparent - made of forged or welded grating. For blind partitions, you can use bricks or wood.
I do not recommend to build a transparent wall of the mesh-netting, though it is a cost-effective option. The problem is that the dog can seriously injure teeth or skin on the sharp edge of its cell.
Fences, mesh-netting traumatic for animals
Question №4: The enclosure will be installed separately or close to the other buildings?
The area of most of our land is not more than six acres, forcing very careful with the free square meters at their building. As a result, often more profitable to attach the cage for the dog to the existing building: a shed, hozblok or summer kitchen.
Solutions directly from the shape of the roof depends on:
- gable roof It will be an excellent solution for the equipping of the building, erected detached from other possible structures;
Stand-alone enclosure can be made as to the gable, and with pent roof
- abat-vent - opt to attach the enclosure.
Attached to the house a dog cage can be only with pent roof
Regardless of the shape of the roof structure, should provide it:
- The base of the tree in order to increase thermal insulation properties;
- A layer of a soft material for noise insulation, to falling in rain drops less unnerved the dog.
Question №5: Do you plan to do to enter the aviary?
If the housing is constructed not for puppies and adult watchdog, the answer to this question is yes. After periodically aviary will need to clean up and repair. In this case, according to the rules of safety door must necessarily open the inside, which, incidentally, is not always performed, even in the purchased models.
In an emergency, the door opens to the outside, you will not be able to break down, to save his dog
I do not recommend to save on quality dead bolt. The dog may not be strong enough to disrupt the cheap latch at the most inopportune moment, for example, when you meet the dear guests. The price of such a tragedy may be much higher than the cost of a quality lock.
frame a plan
Once you have answered all the above questions, you can begin to create a plan for future construction. He can look like this:
Example enclosure plan for growth for dogs 45-50 cm
- frame made of timber;
- Area the enclosure is 6 m2, which is sufficient for other quadruped no taller than 50 cm;
- abat-vent It covers only a third of the buildings, rather sleeper. Thus, a separate booth is no longer needed;
- Roll covered with boards exclusively under the roof. This will ensure your pet home comfort;
- walking area It remains open to dogs from both the top and bottom;
- dead wall built of plywood;
- open wall closed lattices.
Now look at how to build an enclosure for dogs.
Making the enclosure for drawing draft:
|sawed bars at desired intervals using an electric jigsaw.|
|We connect with screws resulting segments a separate wall panels, after which they cover lacquer.|
|Sheathe wall panels metal mesh.|
|Putting the frame base, Also using screws as fastening elements.|
|Putting an upper portion of the frameThen treat the whole structure stain.|
|Set panels previously collected on the frame.|
|On the mount loop the section which will be hereinafter door. It is also attached to the castle.|
|Sheathe blank walls plywood.|
|Fastening crossbeams the upper part of the enclosure.|
|Stel floor boards in the bedroom of the enclosure.|
|install roof well above the sleeping area.|
|Beautiful garden pots flowers can decorate the finished building. But this is a decorative design, which should be carried out in accordance with their own taste preferences.|
To introduce four-legged friend with a new housing recommend only after you check it for any sharp chips, protruding parts or other traumatic places. The fact is that if the first impression of a dog cage will painful, it can and does it not take in the future.
In some cases, cages for dogs with his own hands built on foundations. Most often this is required in areas with marshy soil or uneven terrain. Therefore, I suggest, in addition to get acquainted with brief instructions pouring pile base type:
- excavate 6 pit depth of 300 mm and a width of 2 bricks. 4 holes - in the corners of the future construction and 2 - in the middle of its long sides;
The dimensions of the pits must be at par bricks
- fall asleep the bottom of each desyatisantimetrovyh layer of sand;
- erect on top of the sand column pillows from old bricks, setting them on the two. Be sure to control the process by means of a spirit level to obtain flat poles. Otherwise, before you build housing your pet, you will have more to level the foundation.
Finished basement of the brick piles easily withstand even an aviary with a very large dog
But keep in mind that to make an enclosure for the dog have if with fully enclosed floor boards.
Aviary on stilts has walking areas, as it would be the perfect place to escape
You are familiar with how to build an enclosure for the dog with his hands, given the characteristics of your four-legged friend. Videos in this article contains more information, and if left questions, ask them in the comments.
Qualitative aviary and your pet will like it and will protect you from unnecessary worries