Soundproofing walls of plasterboard: features and installation technology
Table of contents
1 Of physics phenomena to understanding technology
- 1.1 Plasterboard, is that you
- 1.2 Criteria defined, proceed to installation
- 1.3 Finally, a few tips
- 2 Finally
I want to ask the residents of apartment buildings, how much "pleased" You noises coming from the neighbors? Rhetorical question, can not answer. How to ensure the silence in your own apartment - the theme of this article.
Crate on top of insulation.
The yield in this case must meet two criteria:
- When repairing the walls to use such technological methods to allow their hands to reduce the noise conduction.
- The cost of this change should be lifting, and the materials themselves are low-cost.
And we hasten to reassure you, this solution exists. A manual? Application instructions you are currently reading. And it is dedicated to drywall.
Of physics phenomena to understanding technology
Physics of the phenomenon.
Behind every technological methods necessary knowledge of the laws of physics and hundreds of experiments. Therefore, in this section we have to understand the phenomenon and ways of suppression of noise existing in the modern arsenal construction materials. (cm. also the paper design of the ceiling plasterboard: the imagination of designers is unlimited)
And we start with the school course.
- For those who have forgotten, let us recall that sound travels in waves and space, encountering an obstacle, is partially reflected, partially passes through it, losing its intensity. So far, everything is familiar.
In this case, sound insulation characteristics are determined by the mass of the partition bases, and to be so absolutely accurate - density (weight per square meter of the structure), the greater the mass of 1 square meter of the material, the better soundproofing. Here's a physicist.
At this could have ended, but there is a nuance that is sometimes forgotten or ignored, but which necessarily show itself in practice. We are talking about the intensity of the sounds coming from different sources.
The fact that the sounds are coming from both outside and from neighboring rooms, and the sounds of the street people receives less painful than from neighboring premises sounds, even if they are less intense and loud, than from the outside. But the solution to these problems is already in the plane of the technology: a variety of materials extinguish sounds in their own way, and the usual wall monoperegorodki not be able to fully absorb the sound.
- This is how we gradually move on to the technological features of the matter. According to the canons of construction of the walls laid out materials that absorb noise, reducing them to the level set by building codes with soundproof index.
At the same time, as a rule, in apartment buildings walls and partitions are shown single-layer constructions, and for to maximize protect yourself from the noise of the outside world, it is your responsibility to build multi-layer walls (increase them).
That's about it a little more:
- Single-walled partitions - it is familiar to the pain the walls of our apartment. Here everything to the extreme simply: brick or concrete slab and one or two layers of plaster (some lucky and gets the apartment without plaster). This example does not take into account some sound insulation soft materials. A calculation is made only of solid materials.
Note! sound insulation brick wall index of approximately 45 dB, calc'd experimentally comfortable 62 dB.
To solve this problem there are two ways: to increase the wall thickness of the native material that is virtually impossible to apply or plasterboard and layered design for noise reduction.
But this is not only real, but will we have discussed in more detail in the next section.
- And of multilayer structures. In their formation involves at least two materials, the more dense layer serves as a reflector, and the soft - absorber of sound, which can not cope with the hard layer.
Ideal for solving this problem have proved to be a combination of materials: hard - soft - hard. This is a practical solution. Sound passes through a sandwich, actually melts.
Dariole in section.
Plasterboard, is that you
Soundproofing drywall perfectly illustrates the effect of a multi-layer cake, which is described in the previous section.
On it is necessary to talk a little more detail.
- But before considering the different techniques that improve sound insulation, I want to introduce you to a quite interesting view of the drywall. Acoustic plasterboard (represented in the photo).
- And externally, and this type of structurally different from their counterparts on the construction workshop. This material has a large number of evenly distributed holes across the sheet area diameter of up to 1 cm. The inner side of the sheet is finished with a special sound-insulating layer on the structure, density, and resembling a spunbond material.
noise reduction principle is implemented as follows. The sound wave is reflected off the walls, what would happen with a conventional sheet of drywall, and passing into the depths, loses its intensity in the nonwoven web. Further, in the layer shumoizolyatora sound almost completely dissolved, leaving only the walls of the stationary light sighs.
Naturally, such a material has not only determines the price, but also a limited field of application. It is used in areas where the noise source is inside, not outside.
It may be music classes and recording studios, a place of work of singers and musical performers. And, to move away from the music, we inform you that this type of material has been successfully applied in boiler stations, pumping stations, in shops and other technical facilities, which are used quite noisy equipment.
Note! This type of drywall is not puttied and not pasted over with wallpaper, the maximum possible clearance - this painting. And yet, this kind of sound absorption is considered to be resonant.
Criteria defined, proceed to installation
Drywall - a material that is more efficient in its sound insulation than brick (although it would be preferable for the fortress of brick). Noise drywall partitions is 3 dB above the brick.
Mindful of the multi-layered cake, get to work:
Note! The technology, which will be described below, can solve several problems at once: to reduce noise almost to zero, and to hold wall insulation, it would be quite superfluous for the hosts end apartments high-rise buildings.
The first step - guiding profiles exhibiting. We hasten to reassure you, there are no additional requirements for the installation of these products, the level of zeroing, fastening and other technical delights there.
Profiles still exhibited at the ceiling and floor perimeter wall, forming a single vertical plane, which may be determined rackmount profile inserted in the guides, by applying conventional construction level. Mounting dowel-nails guide profiles occurs every 40 cm. But further variations begin, which will be useful to you to know.
Like it or not, and the first profile.
Laying insulation. It can be done independently as a single layer, and during installation rack profiles. Consider both options. First, you will recall, that the maximum effect of the sound insulation is achieved by: a hard - soft - hard.
With a rigid wall of the proposed builders material we need to cover it softer a heater so that the soundproofing drywall partitions have a maximum indicator. Thus it is this layer will constitute the scattering acoustic waves.
Here, fiberglass or mineral wool may be used.
When choosing these materials, remember that you decide to not one, but two problems, so the material must:
- have a minimum thermal conductivity;
- the best way to absorb sound, to noise reduction in the partitions of plasterboard was maximal;
- be sufficiently strong and durable;
- have a minimum water absorption;
- easily stacked on top of the wall.
Warming and soundproofing - lovebirds criteria.
- Yes, both submitted material to a greater or lesser extent have these qualities, but is deficiencies remain silent about which it is not necessary, but think about the necessity and the possibility of using all the same worth.
Mineral wool is perfectly "breathes", allowing it to absorb moisture like a sponge, so that any thermal insulation and sound insulation work with this material require installation Gidrobarer.
Gidrobarer - a film on the structure and density resembles film for greenhouses. He applied to fiberglass wool. Otherwise, fiberglass and mineral wool will create the conditions that the fungus loves - heat and moisture. (cm. See also article Repair ceiling plasterboard: the experience of professional artists)
Completely solve the humidity problem can styrofoam. Interesting and promising material, it will not pass water vapor inside. The only condition which must be met is the correct dock.
But manufacturers have thought that, too. Currently available polystyrene rolls with a finished edge of the docking step, as a child with applications that combine and glue - it's simple.
Tip! Cheer up, what seemed impossible yesterday, today, allows us to make coffee.
This is what we in the fact that now there were materials that due to its impregnation can solve these problems in the right way.
The well-known firm Knauf produces a range of heaters with sound insulating properties.
Yes, for branded products would have to pay, but it will cost.
accommodation option heater.
So directly to the wall installation is carried out. Fixing material is special fasteners, umbrellas. Single standard setup does not exist (referring to the spacing between articles), but the main criterion is the absence of slack material thereon and guided.
Allowed to lay the material, when direct mounting to rack profiles have already been installed. In this case the incisions are made in the insulation for these fasteners.
In the second installation method also has its own logic when dealing with a high-speed hammer soft material heater may be wound on the drill bit, the base at the same time will be damaged, and in fact the material itself - spoiled. Therefore, in order to avoid negative emotions with the mention of someone's mother suggest you a second way of laying insulation.
- Next comes the installation and fixation of direct mounting on the vertical lines. Here too there is no additional innovations. Fixing strut profile is carried out every 60 cm, at a step of the profile of 40 to 60 cm when the material based on the subsequent processing plasterboard walls.
- lathing installed. Mount plasterboard. Fixing screws made of metal on the perimeter and in the center of the profile.
- Then the undercoat putty complex with all the technological moments (see. also the paper Finishing plaster for plasterboard - all the highlights).
Reminder! Work at this stage requires drying of each of the previous stage.
Primed, we waited walked home putty - waited drying and so on until the end, until the last drop of primer on the wall with the expectation it dries.
The result of the application of technology of laying and finishing drywall sheets should lead us to two equivalent results:
- The first - the room has a perfectly smooth wall.
- Second - sound insulation plasterboard partitions allows you to enjoy the silence or minimal soundtrack neighborly feuds or fun.
Hey, neighbors, I can not hear you
Finally, a few tips
It is believed that the installation of drywall construction and the presence of the air layer is thus necessary "soft" layer, which will be put out sound. Of course, solid air will not name, but a tangible effect on the air gap you do not get.
But there is a way - a second layer of drywall. Project Price - plasterboard sheets + metal screws. We have already mentioned that the soundproofing drywall higher than that of a brick wall, insulation and walls of two layers of gypsum board even higher.
The two layers.
Noise isolation - it is comfort, and whatever you want, and to solve this problem have you. Lodging is yours, so after reading the material, be sure to watch the video in this article.