are already taken. Cross-stitch embroidery is the art of needlework, which requires accuracy, endurance, calmness, harmony. It is rather difficult to make a beautiful embroidery, especially when it comes to large-sized canvases. Such embroideries require experience, knowledge and skills that are not available for beginners, and which can only be acquired by experience. Cross-stitch embroidery of large size implies the availability of all necessary materials for work, dexterous hands, assiduity and attentiveness. In specialty shops you can buy special sets for embroidery.
- Cross-stitch embroidery large size: necessary materials
- Very large cross-stitch patterns: general workflow
- Large cross stitch: useful tips
- Large cross-stitch kits: advantages
- LargeAnd complex schemes for cross-stitching
- Cross-stitch: large works
- The largest cross-stitch in the world
- Cross-stitch patterns for a medium-sized cross
- Cross stitch,(Large image)
- Large cross-stitch embroidery( video)
- Large cross-stitch embroidery( photo)
Cross-stitch large size: necessary materials
Cross stitch is a kind of needlework that has gained wide popularity. Usually women get acquainted with this kind of embroidery at school. However, not everyone can immediately like it. Very often common mistakes in the technique of work lead to the fact that the needlewoman leaves the job halfway.
In cross-stitching, as in any other art form, use a set of methods and techniques that make the work more productive, easy and interesting.
The large format assumes that an experienced needlewoman is responsible for the job. If a new beginner is taken for a large embroidery, then there is a possibility of unfinished work.
Required materials for embroidery:
- Overhead canvas, which makes the embroidery process more convenient. When the work is completed, the threads of the canvas are removed from the threads of the main drawing.
- Threads that perform embroidery. The most common type is considered to be threads of "mulina".The best thing before performing the job is to make sure that the threads do not shed. To do this, they need to be washed.
- The embroidery frame is a handy tool for maintaining embroidery. They come in different shapes and sizes. Although many needlewomen do not use them in their work.
- Needles that have a special blunt end to prevent damage to the threads of the base of the embroidery.
- Pattern pattern can be placed directly on the substrate, and can be painted on a separate sheet of paper.
If the needlewoman buys the whole set for embroidery at once, she does not need to worry about the selection of threads, the scheme and the base, since the kit contains all the essentials.
Very large cross-stitch patterns: general workflow
Large embroidery involves a fairly large amount of work. Before the embroidery scheme gets to the needlewoman, a large number of designers work on its creation, who do not have the right to make mistakes, otherwise embroidery will not be realized.
Beginners should abandon the idea of starting work with a large embroidery. It takes a lot of effort and time.
However, experienced craftsmen should also remember the nuances that will help make embroidery beautiful and quality without unnecessary worries and nerves.
Nuances and Techniques to Consider
- The edges of the canvas must be flaked or treated with special glue - then it will not decay. This action is important to perform if the embroidery is of a special large size.
- Make a canvas layout that will help you understand the big picture and not make mistakes that need to be corrected. Often, the canvas is divided into squares of 10 crosses by 10 crosses. Marking can be done with soap, pencil, special marker or thread.
- The threads are preliminarily better separated for each other.
Before using the fabric, it is best to iron it gently. Work is necessary in a place with good lighting, as a lack of light can adversely affect the health of the eyes.
Large cross-stitch embroidery: useful tips
It is very important to start the work correctly. Unprofessional needlewomen will be very easy to mistake, thereby complicating their work with the scheme and embroidery.
. It's good advice to make an additional copy of the drawing scheme. Large embroidery requires quite a lot of time for its implementation, because the only circuit can become worthless.
There is an opinion that embroidery should be started from the middle. Thus, you can avoid many troubles with the consequences for the drawing.
Advantages of the embroidery method from the middle of the
- drawing will be clearly located on the fabric( it's worth noting that the fabric itself needs to be taken with a margin for subsequent work registration);
- follow the pattern in the middle conveniently;
- is usually in the middle of the main part of the picture, so the beginning of embroidery will be immediately interesting( to find the middle, you need to fold the fabric and paper circuit a couple of times in half).
Some needlewomen can conveniently start embroidery from the right upper or lower corner. Here a lot depends on the direction in which crosses are applied. However, the most convenient way is to divide the work into squares.
How to embroider a large cross
There are several varieties of embroidery: a large and small cross. It is believed that the more skillful the needlewoman, the finer she chooses crosses for herself.
However, there are two basic methods of cross stitching:
For any type of crosses, large and small, there is a single rule - the upper stitches must be sent to one side.
Large cross-stitch kits: advantages of
Large-scale embroidery kits have a number of advantages over classic sets. Such sets are at first sight more expensive, however, the difference between buying a few small sets and one big is not very big.
Buy large works for cross stitching can be done in specialized stores or order a set on the Internet. When buying online, you need to carefully read the characteristics of the set.
There are many manufacturers that offer their products. Favorite products can only be determined by experience.
Advantages of large-size embroidery:
- Large size provides a complete work that harmoniously fits into the overall interior of the room.
- A large selection of works that include reproductions of famous paintings.
- Possibility to practice working with large volumes.
What kind of embroidery to choose, one decides for himself. The choice of the drawing depends solely on the personal preferences of the needlewoman herself.
Large and complex schemes for cross stitching
The concept of "big embroidery" for everyone has a different meaning. It depends on the experience of the needlewoman. After all, for some, the most average works can seem great, given how long it takes to embroider one work.
Choose the size and complexity of the circuit, taking into account your own abilities and experience. Do not embroider a huge canvas, if the stitches are still not clear enough, and hands are not trained.
The large sizes of embroidery assume complex schemes, which not every needlewoman will be able to perform.
Examples of large embroidery sizes with complex schemes:
- 100 at 162;
- 130 at 130;
- 142 at 92;
- 153 at 80;
- 273 at 69.5.
Diagrams for these sizes can be very diverse. The figure can be depicted animals or floral motifs, religious motifs or reproductions of paintings by famous masters.
Cross stitch: large works
Great work for embroidery is good because on a large canvas you can harmoniously combine colors, play with light and shadow, create truly amazing masterpieces.
When choosing a great job, you need to consider that it will cost quite a lot. Work with such large embroideries to have a long time, but the effect of the work done is simply priceless.
Large work can be performed for a variety of reasons. This allows you to choose a drawing, taking into account the individual preferences of each needlewoman.
Large embroidery motifs:
- Nature phenomena;
- Images of saints;Reproductions of famous paintings;
For large jobs it is convenient to buy ready-made sets with matching colors for threads.
The biggest cross-stitch in the world
It's interesting that the biggest and most beautiful embroidery in the world consists of 628296 stitches, it includes 1809 colors, and the embroidery itself took 10 years for the needlewoman. Embroidery represents the scenes of the painting of the Sistine Chapel. Joanna Lopianowski-Roberts from Texas performed a grandiose work.
. The woman performed work on individual pieces of fabric, later sewing the finished work together. She worked at night to create her masterpiece. This example can inspire many women to new achievements.
Middle cross stitch patterns
Middle cross stitch embroidery suits both beginners and professional needlewomen. For some, this is an opportunity to raise your level, for others - to fill your hand for more complex tasks.
Medium embroidery often contains 10 to 42 color shades. This makes it possible not to get lost in the colors, but at the same time to practice the ability to correctly arrange the color accents.
Medium patterns usually contain images of animal plants, fairytale scenes. Finished works look cozy and gentle.
Approximate sizes of medium patterns for embroidery:
- 117 at 154;
- 124 at 166;
- 109 at 126;
- 160 by 90;
- 145 at 174.
Each needlewoman should choose a scheme, based on her own experience and taste preferences.
Embroidering with a cross, a close-up diagram
Embroidering a cross is not only a hobby, but also a kind of art therapy. It allows you to work out your own fears, get rid of uncertainty in your own abilities.
Schemes in large form will help in more detail to work on embroidery. Such schemes help not to miss details that can affect the quality of embroidery.
You can work with embroidery scheme in different ways. Again, it concerns personal preferences. Someone carries the drawing directly to the canvas, someone works with the circuit separately.
Advantages of the circuit in a large form:
- Ease of operation;
- Careful detailing;
- Low level of eye strain.
Embroidering with a cross is an art that produces many masterpieces that every needlewoman can be proud of.
Large cross-stitch embroidery( video)
The more the nuts and knives the needlewoman knows, the more pleasing the work for it, the more beautiful the embroidery in the end result. Do not be afraid to take up work with embroidery of large sizes, because overcoming your fears and laziness, will help develop will and assertiveness. Embroidering with a cross is a whole work of art that can be embodied in a full, large canvas.