Beginning gardeners are interested in how to grow bonsai at home. The task is in all senses difficult. Firstly, the preparatory stage takes a lot of time. Secondly, the tree requires special conditions, otherwise it will not work. That is why to perform such laborious work requires knowledge and patience.
- Preparing the necessary tools
- Choosing the seeds of bonsai: advice to aspiring growers
- How to grow bonsai at home from seeds: advice to beginners
- Bonsai: home care
- Advice from specialists: how to growBonsai at home( video)
Preparing the necessary tools
For beginners, special tools are provided that allow to form the crown without any problemsUrea with a concave shape. With their help, an excessive amount of bark and leaves is removed. They are also used to form the appearance of branches. The second tool is scissors-cutters. They are used to form depressions and remove thick branches.
The nail file will professionally take care of the tree. Before buying it is worth making sure that the length of the blade is 15 cm. The list of tools needed for the work of the 2 pairs of scissors completes. If some have blunt ends, then the second ones are thin.
Before planting a tree, it is recommended to make sure of the following:
- You can not use rusted or broken tools;
- It is undesirable to use scissors or a nail file, which require sharpening;
- If the necessary tools are not available, then buy them better in a specialized store.
We choose seeds of bonsai: advice to aspiring gardeners
Due to the lack of specialized knowledge, many order seeds by mail from China. Despite a number of shortcomings, this method has several advantages. First, we are talking about a wide range. Secondly, the plants were prepared in advance. This means that due to the work of breeders such a variety has been brought out, the size of which does not exceed the required parameters.
There are a number of negative aspects to this method of obtaining seeds. First, there is no way to get qualified advice. Chinese stores, for example, Aliexpress only sells. It will not be easy for an aspiring gardener to sort out everything himself. Secondly, seeds are delivered by mail long enough.
The correct choice of a plant
If a citizen still decided to order a delivery from China, then it is better to read the available reviews before buying. To some extent, this will help to avoid many problems.
Choose one of the following representatives of the flora:
- Decorative plants: azalea or rose;
- Coniferous species: pine, traditional or blue spruce;
- Fruit plants: Japanese apple, plum, hawthorn and other varieties;
- Hardwood: willow, indoor oak, ash, ficus.
Not everyone knows that the necessary seeds are easy to acquire in a specialized trading network. Yes, juniper or sakura seeds will cost a little more, but the client will receive the necessary consultation. Regardless of the chosen method of purchase, it is strongly recommended to familiarize yourself with the peculiarities of the care and breeding of a particular plant.
How to grow bonsai at home from seeds: tips for beginners
Everything starts with choosing the style you like. To do this, you need photos of the finished tracks. Once the photos of interest are found, they must be printed on a quality printer. It is important to remember that it is impossible to create an identical house at home as it appeared in the photo. Eastern culture does not provide for the copying of 1-2 styles. Just as in nature every elm or poplar is unique, the same must be bonsai.
How to choose a pot
Crown dimensions, cropping frequency, growth rate are the indicators that are better to study in advance. The more precisely this is done, the easier it is to pick up the pot. Despite the fact that the bonsai tree is characterized by a small size, the root system is very massive.
The following recommendations will help to avoid many problems:
- It's better to take a slightly larger pot than necessary;
- The original place for seed should be very much;
- Transplant to a permanent pot occurs only after 3 years;
- Maple or apple tree is unevenly formed, so it's worthwhile to follow them closely;
- If necessary, a partial trimming of small twigs is made.
Direct cultivation takes place in a bowl made from a natural pot. Use of other containers is not recommended, because seeds can simply not ascend. In a specialized trading network it is not difficult to find any kind of flatware and design. The final choice is for the buyer.
Bonsai: home care
From the moment of planting, the tree should receive the minimum amount of light and nutrients required. On how to make care professional, it's easy to learn from the thematic videos. As it was said earlier, each tree has its own characteristics. That's why you need to watch the instructions or video materials about a specific representative of the world of the flora.
Immediately after disembarkation, it is necessary to water the soil abundantly. It should be remembered that the carmona does not like excessive amounts of moisture. Precise information on how much moisture for a particular seed is needed will be reported by the back of the sachet.
The following procedure is as follows:
- It is not recommended to make a mix in several pots in one pot;
- The first half a year the plant is very sensitive, therefore for the time being it is necessary to protect it from overheating and hypothermia;
- It is necessary to adapt the sub-carpus or other miniature decorative flower to open air gradually;
- Maximum open time is 65 minutes;
- At the initial stage, exceeding the specified interval is not recommended, otherwise the tree or flowers will die.
From the lips of some gardeners you can hear about the need to first grow seeds in the open air. This is explained by the care of the plant. It is believed that in this case bonsai grows better and reacts less to the change in environmental conditions. Similar recommendations look quite plausible, but one reservation is still necessary. Planting seeds in this way is not possible in all cases. It's about bonsai, able to withstand high loads at a young age. For example, tea tree is not included in this list, but oak and other coniferous trees are included.
Expert advice: how to grow bonsai at home( video)
Create a bonsai at home - it's not a simple task. The right choice of seed material, soil preparation and direct feeding requires good preparation and patience. A certain help in this matter will be provided by thematic materials, which are printed by magazines about gardening. Do not also refuse to attend the master classes. Here you can always ask questions of interest.