The wind, as an endless source of energy, is becoming more widespread. Such a source of alternative energy is particularly popular in remote regions( for example, Taiga), at polar stations. In addition, more and more household wind generators are manufactured by country residents. What kinds of windmills exist and how to assemble a device for converting wind energy by one's own hands - read below. What is the basis of the wind generation
- How to choose a generator for a wind turbine
- Wind turbines with their own hands for 220 in
- Wind turbines with their own hands 5 kW( video)
- Examples of windmills( photo)
- Horizontal axis of rotation;
- Vertical axis of rotation.
- Savonius devices( the rotors are in the form of semi-cylinders);
- Rotors of Ugrinsky( improved rotors of semi-cylindrical type);
- Darya rotors( can be spiral, curved and H-shaped);
- Multiblade wind generators( used in carousel type windmills);
- Helicoid rotors( with tapered rotor).
- It allows you to save money on the purchase of the factory device, because production is most often made from improvised parts;
- Ideal for your needs and operating conditions, because the power of the device you expect yourself, given the density and strength of the wind in your region;
- It is better to harmonize with the design of the house and landscape design, because the appearance of the windmill depends only on your imagination and skills.
- Blades that rotate;
- Alternating current generator;
- Controller is a device that converts mechanical energy from blades to current;
- The inverter is a device that converts DC to AC;
- Rechargeable batteries;
m based wind generation
wind generation - is the ability to generate electricity from wind energy. The wind generator is, in fact, a solar generator: winds are formed due to uneven heating of the Earth's surface by the sun, rotation of the planet and its relief. Generators use the movement of air masses and convert it into electricity by means of mechanical energy.
On average, one 20 kW wind turbine can supply one small settlement with electricity.
instruction. Based on the principle of wind generation, a whole power plant can be built, and stand-alone devices can be built to provide electricity to certain areas and even houses. For today, 45% of all energy is generated with the help of wind generators. The largest wind farm is in Germany, and every year produces up to 7 million kWh of energy per hour. Therefore, more and more often, owners of country houses in remote regions and villages are thinking about using wind energy for domestic purposes. In this case, windmills can be used as a single, and an additional source of energy.
Wind generator: the principle of operation, types of devices
Most windmills are a steel tower - a mast, on the top of which three blades are fixed. A modern household hood for 5 kw of the second size can easily generate up to 5000 W of electricity. This is quite enough to provide electricity to an apartment house, villa. The axial generator produces up to 500 Wh / h. The most powerful wind generator in the world is 8 MW.
The modern wind turbine can have:
The horizontal windshield has an axis that rotates parallel to the ground( like a conventional mill).Vertical wind generators can have both blades and rotors that move parallel to the ground.
The rotors can vary in shape and size, and are divided into:
Often, vertical wind generators are yula-shaped( for example, the rotary wind generator "Genghis Khan").The most effective device of its group is considered to be a multi-blade construction of the top type.
Homemade wind turbine: advantages and disadvantages
You can install a windmill in the event that your area is not supplied with electricity, the power grid is constantly intermittent or you want to save on paying for electricity. The windmill can be purchased, but can be made by own strength.
The homemade wind generator has the following advantages:
The shortcomings of homemade devices can be attributed to their unreliability and fragility: often homemade products made from old engines from household appliances and machines, so they quickly fail. At the same time, in order for the wind turbine to be effective, it is necessary to correctly calculate the power of the device.
How to make a windmill with your own hands
In order to make a wind generator yourself, you need to know exactly what parts in its design exist, and for what they answer. So it will be possible to understand what to replace certain details that are difficult to find at home.
Any wind turbine has in its construction:
A simple small windmill can be made, taking as a basis a household fan. Some craftsmen fit an old computer cooler under a mini windmill. True, the power of such a wind-blower will not exceed 100 watts. When for power supply of small and medium-sized houses a wind generator with a capacity of 5 kW is required, and for commercial facilities - 10 kW.
Generator with own hands: calculation of the
power. The manufacture of any wind turbine for private use begins with the preparatory stage - the calculation of the device's power. So, for example, for the operation of water heating it will be necessary to install a windmill with a height of at least 5-6 meters. At the same time, only the wind energy can not be used for heating: the wind speed is quite variable. But as an additional source, which will save money, you can use the wind.
To calculate the power of the wind generator itself, determine the strength of the air flow.
For this you can use the numerous formulas that are presented on the network. The simplest solution is to use a calculator that calculates wind power independently. You, at the same time, will only need to drive into the program the required values. Most often it is: the area to which the wind blows, the density and wind speed.
Find out the average speed of air masses in your region, you can contact the meteorological service.
In addition, for work you will need a wind turbine diagram, detailed design drawings that can be drawn on a regular sheet of paper or visualized using a computer program for 3D modeling.
Which generator to choose for the
? The household wind turbines must be low noise. Therefore, it is better to use a low-speed( low-speed) engine as a generator for wind turbines. Such an engine is capable of performing from 350 to 700 revolutions per minute. In addition, a low-speed engine can be used even on a single-bladed windmill. Also a low-speed generator can be made from a stepper motor.
To increase the speed of the windmill, you can use the multiplier: it will speed up the rotation of the blades 5-10 times.
Disk motors on neodymium magnets are especially popular. Magnets, in this case, can be of different sizes and, accordingly, power. Such a generator is produced quite simply, but its cost is quite high.
In order to start the propeller, you can use a pedal wagon generator.
Many make a low-power generator from a gasoline generator, car or tractor generator, battery from a screwdriver. In this case, it should be borne in mind that the construction with the generator of the tractor and autogenerator will need to install a reducer, reducing the speed.
Wind turbines for own use on 220 in
In order to assemble the scoop we need: a 12 volt generator, batteries, a converter with 12 v to 220 volts, a voltmeter, copper wires, fasteners( clamps, bolts, nuts).
before manufacturing it
The manufacture of any windmill involves the following stages:
- Blade manufacture. Blades of a vertical wind generator can be made from a barrel. You can cut the parts with a grinder. The screw for a small windmill can be made from a PVC pipe with a cross section of 160 mm.
- Manufacturing of masts. The mast should be at least 6 meters high. At the same time, in order to prevent the torsional force from tearing the mast, it must be fastened to 4 extensions. Each stretching, at the same time, you need to wind on a log, which should be buried deep into the ground.
- Installation of neodymium magnets. Magnets are glued onto the rotor disk. It is better to choose rectangular magnets, the magnetic fields in which focus on the entire surface.
- Winding of the generator coils. Winding is carried out with a copper thread with a diameter of at least two mm. In this case, the skeins should be no more than 1200.
- Fixing the blades to the pipe using nuts.
In the presence of powerful batteries and an inverter, the resulting device will be able to generate the amount of electricity that will be enough to use household appliances( for example, a refrigerator and a TV set).Excellent for such a generator to support the work of lighting, heating and ventilation of a small country house, a greenhouse.
Wind turbines with their own hands 5 kW( video)
Wind turbine is a safe, modern device that allows transforming wind energy into electricity needed for household appliances, heating, water supply, ventilation. Having made small calculations it is possible to build a wind generator without professional help. Help in this will be the above detailed instructions, pictures and recommendations for the selection of components!Examples