In apartments and private houses, heat is an integral part of comfort. Mainly use water heating. Water heating happens with a single-tube and two-pipe circuit. In the first case, water, passing through a closed circuit, cools down very much. Each subsequent radiator receives a cooler liquid. The two-pipe system eliminates this drawback.
- two-pipe heating: the pros and cons
- location scheme pipe two pipe heating system
- variant with the upper wiring in two-pipe heating system private homes
- exact calculation of two-pipe heating system
- stages of the installation of double-pipeHeating by own hands
- Two-pipe heating of a private house with your own hands( video)
- Examples of heating wiring in a private house( photo)
Two-pipeHeating: pros and cons
Two-pipe heating system is effective for a private house. These structures have become more popular. The complexity of the installation and the slightly higher consumption of materials pay off with clear advantages.
Pros two-pipe heating:
- Each radiator coolant gets heated equally, increasing the temperature in the room.
- The ability to regulate the heat of each battery by installing a thermostat.
- If one of the systems fails, repairs can be made without stopping the heating. For this, it is necessary to mount the locking elements.
- Small diameter pipes can be used for installation, significantly saving money.
- Installation in a room of any area.
A distinctive feature of the system is the connection to each radiator of 2 pipes. Through the first heat enters the battery, the second removes the cooled liquid from the device. This design allows you to effectively heat the room.
Diagram of the location of the pipes of the two-pipe heating system
The scheme of two-pipe distribution can be 2 kinds of vertical and horizontal. In the first case, the heating elements are arranged vertically along one riser, which is typical for multi-apartment buildings. In most cases, the coolant is fed upward, the gravity outlet descends downward.
In the horizontal version, the batteries are arranged in one line. This layout is inherent for single-story buildings.
Two-pipe design can be open and closed. Any heating includes an expansion tank in the elements. When heated, the pressure in the pipes increases, and the compensation system allows you to maintain the required operating level. The device is located at the highest point, usually in the attics of houses. When the wiring is open, the liquid in the tank comes into contact with the air. Part of it evaporates, so this system requires constant monitoring. In the closed type, the design is equipped with a membrane, and does not require constant attention.
- more aesthetic appearance of premises, the pipes are hidden under the panels and not evident;
- For access to radiators, one hole is required;
- Reduces heat losses.
All heating systems can be designed with natural and forced circulation. The choice of design is affected by the upper or lower water supply. For the lower feed, it is necessary to set the forced circulation of water. Pipes from the boiler to the radiators are stacked according to the level of the floor, just below the batteries. Throughout the perimeter of the room, two pipes are passed: distribution and return. To each radiator they connect using fittings and tees. Such a system can be constructed from metal-plastic or polypropylene pipes independently, without resorting to the services of specialists.
Variant with overhead wiring in two-pipe heating system of a private house
In private houses, you can set both the lower and upper distribution. For top wiring, the use of natural water circulation is preferable. Distribution with a hot coolant is pulled from the boiler to the ceiling, then laid on the perimeter of the building.
Description of the design:
- From the top pipe vertically lower the outlets to the radiators;
- The floor is laid back;
- Connect both pipes to the radiators;
- For physical circulation, the angle of inclination of the pipe should be in 3-5ᵒ, while the compensation tank is installed at the highest point of the circuit.
theory. The natural circulation heating system starts to work when the water is heated. The coolant becomes lighter and rushes upwards, reaching the highest point of the circuit, then it descends through the pipes into the radiators, cooling down and becoming heavier, goes back to the boiler.
The lower the room temperature, the faster the water circulation in the batteries.
The maximum effect from the top distribution can be obtained in a 2 floor house. The natural circulation will be stimulated by the difference in the height of the batteries on the 2nd floor and the installation of the boiler in the basement. The disadvantage of the top scheme is an external aesthetic appearance, in addition some of the heat goes up. Compensate for the disadvantage is possible by combining single-tube and two-pipe heating. For example, one-pipe make the floor warmer on the 2nd floor, for 1 conduct a two-pipe layout.
Accurate calculation of two-pipe heating system
Before starting work, it is necessary to make a heating scheme, determine the material, make a hydraulic calculation. It is necessary to calculate the head drop in the rear section or to calculate the pipe diameter.
The calculation is based on the following factors:
- The internal surface of the pipes and its roughness;
- Section diameter;
- Number of pipe bends;
- Differential pressure between feed and return;
- Number of radiators and their cross-section;
- Locking elements.
professionals. When calculating, use the formulas and the axonometric table. You can use a special program on the software. For the main object take the most loaded ring or contour. As a result of calculations, the optimal speed should be from 0.3 to 0.7 m / s.
At higher speed, the heating will be noisy, at lower - a strong temperature spread will occur.
After the calculations, pipes of effective diameter, the necessary number of radiators, a boiler, fittings, drifts, expansion tank, a pump for circulation, if necessary, are purchased.
Stages of installation of two-pipe heating by one's own hands
Installation of the heating system begins with the installation of the boiler. The heat generator on gas and electricity is located in any room. For boilers for liquid and solid fuels, a separate niche is required. When installing radiators, it is necessary to take into account the slope of the pipeline in 1-2% relative to the entire length of the pipe.
- Boiler installation.
- From the heat generator, the main pipe with hot water is passed through all radiators.
- Parallel to the first, a second backbone is conducted.
- With a forced heating option, the circular pump cuts in.
- Install the radiators. Batteries are suspended on special brackets. All radiators should be at the same level. For ease of operation, they are equipped with shut-off valves at the entry and exit points. Batteries are connected in several ways: lateral, diagonal, bottom connection. The lateral and diagonal design is most effective.
- Complete the heating system by assembling the pipes of the associated units, installing the expansion barrel and additional elements.
The mains should not contain straight and sharp corners, as resistance will increase. Cranes and valves must correspond to the dimensions of the pipes. With a structure with an upper wiring, the expansion tank is placed on the insulated attic. After completion of all installation work, the moment of connection of the system comes.
To do this, cover all the cranes, and necessarily fill the feed loop slowly.
Next, open the valve of the first battery, and with the help of the Mayevsky cock bleed the air to the exit of a flat jet. The element is closed and the radiator outlet cock is opened. These manipulations must be carried out with each radiator. All detected defects are eliminated.
Two-pipe heating of a private house with their own hands( video)
The installation of a two-pipe system with its own hands will take more time, in the end it will provide efficient and practical heating, and will save on installation work. It is important to choose the right option for the house, and make a proper calculation of the system parameters. Skillful hands and following the instructions will transform the house, making it cozy and warm.