. Instead of wood burning stoves, you can use an oil stove. Heating boiler house has no special difficulties in the construction, and its use is absolutely safe. The main thing is to observe certain safety rules.
- Features, advantages and disadvantages of oil heaters
- Types of boiler execution on fuel oil
- Principle of operation of waste oil heating
- Heating with used oil by hand from a gas cylinder
- How to make an oil heater fromSteel sheets
- Safety precautions for waste oil heating
- How the waste oil heater works( video)
Features, advantages and disadvantages of oilOven
The oil stove works on the refining industry. This is economical heating. For oil ovens do not use diesel, gasoline, thinner, kerosene and other flammable substances.
The waste oil stove works as a direct air heating method that is in the system. The unit has 2 combustion compartments. The first is used to burn oil. As a result, there are combustible fumes. They are sent to the second compartment and mixed with air. Gases burn out and a lot of heat is released.
For the house, these structures are not used. They perfectly warm up the ancillary rooms, garages, greenhouses.
The correct operation of the furnace is ensured with good air flow. The first camera is equipped with a special shutter. It is used to control the supply of oxygen. The two chambers are connected by a pipe. In it, holes are made 1 cm in size to supply air to the second compartment.
Advantages of oil ovens:
- Safety, as only pairs, not oils, burn;
- Simple installation and use;
- No soot and burns occur in the operation of the device;
- Cheap, because you can make from personal resources with your own hands.
From the minuses note the increased requirements for fuel storage. Oils are stored in heated rooms, since at low temperatures the material loses its properties. For the furnace, use exclusively filtered oil, which will need to be purchased separately. If you take the usual workout, then at home it is impossible to achieve the required purity of the substance.
Varieties of execution of oil-fired boilers
A simple stove can be made independently. There are several options for doing it. Each is characterized by its own characteristics, advantages and disadvantages.
Types of boilers on heavy oil:
- From a gas cylinder or steel sheets;
- System with additional supercharging;
- Furnace with drip feed.
The easiest way is to make the stove out of a gas cylinder, thick pipes or steel sheets. The additional boost has some difficulties with the equipment, as it requires the installation of a fan. It is used to supply oxygen to the second compartment. Optimal to install such a boiler in the garage, the workshop.
The fan monitors the quality of the combustion of gases and allows even distribution of heat throughout the room. This is an excellent option for quickly heating the room.
The drip feed of fuel is difficult to carry out by a person without certain knowledge and skills. Professional drawings are needed here. But if you do all the work, you get a fairly economical and effective miracle oven.
Principle of operation of waste oil heating
Compact furnaces can save on heating in utility rooms. There are several options for the furnace equipment. Proper installation requires a serious approach and a thorough study of the operation of the boiler.
Design and operating principle of the kiln for workings:
- The hopper is represented by a chamber at the bottom of the furnace. It connects to the tank and forms an air inlet.
- The combustion chamber for gases is in the middle of the structure. It looks like a tube with holes through which oxygen passes.
- Afterburning of gases takes place in the upper chamber. A chimney is connected to this compartment, which takes the products of fuel processing.
For oil ovens it is required to equip a chimney with a length of 4 m. The installation provides only a vertical position. This is due to the fact that the combustion of gases produces a lot of soot, which settles on the walls of the chimney. With horizontal placement, clogging will be faster. And this can lead to the ingress of carbon monoxide into the house and poisoning. In the house small bends of a design are resolved, but in the street the chimney settles down only vertically. At the end of the chimney, a lid is installed.
For complete combustion of gases, you must strictly follow the instructions.
When using a water jacket for the furnace, heat-resistant steel with a thickness of at least 4 mm should be used. The upper part heats up the most. The value reaches 750 degrees. Therefore, for the circuit in this part, it is necessary to use sufficiently dense steel.
Waste oil heating with own hands from a gas cylinder
The easiest way is to make a furnace from a gas cylinder. As a result, strong and durable structures are obtained. The cylinder has thick walls that will last a long time. Such a device can heat up to 90 sq m.
For operation, a one-piece, 50-liter cylinder with a wall thickness of 1.5 cm is required. Negatively affect the heating of equipment.
The cylinder of the cylinder does not require forced air circulation. The gases in the chambers are moved by gravity. Such a boiler can be hot water. The drawings of a simple system are freely available. For the construction of the heater you will need a cylinder, a chimney pipe, a drill, welding with electrodes, a grinder with circles for cutting and polishing, a heat-resistant paint for metal.
Boiler construction stages from the cylinder:
- The upper part of the structure is cut with the help of the Bulgarian;
- Then the legs are welded to a length of 20 cm;
- At the top there is a hole in which a pipe is connected to the chimney;
- Another hole is made with a fitted damper;
- In the cut off part, holes about 6 cm in size are installed, which are used to fill the fuel.
The final stage will be the painting of the structure with a heat-resistant paint. The order of performance of installation works is not particularly difficult. At the top of the structure can be built a small area, which can be used for household needs( water heating).The optimal shape of the site is round or rectangular.
How to make an oil stove from steel sheets
The alternative to the cylinder are steel sheets. This is a popular option for a garage or workshop. It is not only an excellent heater, but also a cooker. Particularly pleased with the small dimensions of the stove.
Performing workpieces for a steel sheet furnace:
- First, you should familiarize yourself with the drawings.
- For the cover and the bottom, 6 mm thick material is taken.4 mm is enough for the walls. You can make billets using a Bulgarian.
- From steel 4 mm, a strip is cut, which is 11.5 cm wide. It forms a ring with a diameter of 34 cm. By welding, a pipe is obtained for the tank.
- The circle making the role of the lid is further made. To it corners from metal are fastened.
- From steel 6 mm thick, two 35 cm circles are cut.
- A hole for the chimney is provided in the center of the mug. Nearby cut another hole for fuel.
Then the bottom of the tank is equipped. Cut a circle of steel thickness of 6 mm. You should retreat a couple of centimeters from the edge and make a hole for the chimney. It is equipped with a strip of steel with a length of 13 cm. As a result, a pipe with 10 cm diameter will be produced. Then there is a partition. The baffle is installed in a circle with a diameter of 35 cm.
Next, return to the first pipe that has already been completed. Bottom holes are drilled on it. This pipe can be connected to the cover. The pipe must occupy a strictly vertical position.
No welding of the pipe and cover. It is enough to provide a dense docking.
Then weld two parts of the container without welding. For compaction, a special ring is used. Then, a structure for pouring fuel is welded to a pipe with holes, and on the other hand a container connected by rings. The hole is filled with a small lid. The final stage is the installation of a chimney.
Safety in waste oil heating
A waste oil furnace may carry some fire risk. That is why the use of the design has a number of requirements and rules. It is important to read them for safe operation of the structure.
- Before use, it will be necessary to check the operability of the structure;
- Do not add oil during operation;
- When the device cools, you can add fuel;
- Do not place flammable materials near the furnace;
- Do not allow foreign objects to enter the oven.
It is best to use such fuel oil burners in garages. This is an economical option for heating. If you want, you can connect a water heater to the system or equip a place for cooking.
The operating principle of the waste oil heater( video)
The boilers for working for a private house are an economical heater for utility rooms. Homemade designs perfectly fit into a garage, a workshop and any other utility room. For construction, you will need an old gas cylinder or metal sheets.