Fibreboard, GVL, GKL, PVC - these abbreviations are known to those who started repairs. But if you do not look for standard solutions like gypsum plasterboard or stretch ceiling, perhaps a good solution would be a panel ceiling?These panels are also used for wall finishing, they can be laid out along and across, and sometimes they are laid down diagonally.
- Panels on PVC ceiling
- Ceiling and acrylic metal panels
- Veneered and laminated panels for ceiling
- Ceiling from panels by hand( video)
- LED ceiling panels
- How to glue the ceiling with
- foam panels How to trim the ceiling with wall panels( video)
- Ceiling panel design( interior photo)
Today,panels, however, are not for internal and for external furnish. From the manufacturers it is possible to distinguish the Leroy brand, which has proved itself in this field.
Panels on the ceiling of PVC
Panel ceiling from PVC slabs will cost you quite inexpensively. Often, such a stove is used in a room where other options are of little use or are excluded for financial reasons. And this means that you can make a ceiling from such panels in the bathroom or in the kitchen.
They have many advantages: simplicity of installation, cheapness, high moisture resistance. It turns out that you can create a ceiling with your own hands.
Distinctive features of the
But without shortcomings it will not do. Such panels have low strength, they will not withstand impact loads. Low temperatures they are unlikely to transfer. Over time, the panels may lose their color. True, quality manufacturers do not allow such "surprises".Ask for a certificate of compliance, and you will be assured of the quality of the acquisition.
Metal panels for ceilings and acrylic
The most durable and durable material - aluminum panels. This provides for two options: rack and cassette ceilings.
Scheme of installation standard - suspension frame. It is made usually from aluminum rails of two types, one of which is represented by Armstrong ceilings.
If we talk about the rack ceiling, its frame consists of longitudinal rails, which form the basis of the crate. Reiki fastened snap on the outside.
It turns out that the differences in these types of panels are: cassettes are mounted on the frame from above, and the slats are attached to the frame from the bottom. In most cases, perforated panels are used.
Acrylic wall panels replace glass in the interior. True, more often they cope with "wall" tasks, the ceiling is not fixed so often. But if you decide to make such an acrylic ceiling, you can visually raise it. Acrylic ceilings are not afraid of drafts and temperature differences, they are used for finishing ceilings in a variety of rooms.
Veneered and laminated panels for
ceiling Veneer is the finest layer of wood that is obtained by peeling or planing. Ceilings from MDF panels are good in that they are easy to wash, and they retain their original appearance for a long time. Panels from MDF can be laminated, and can be veneered.
The top decorative layer in laminated panels is made of PVC film, it is applied to the MDF panel by cold lamination.
Advantages of MDF panels
- Ease of assembly - special skills are not needed, you can assemble a house in a house in a matter of hours.
- The work is not dusty or dirty. If one sector is broken, you get it and insert a new one, the main thing is that the length and width coincide.
- It is not difficult to care for such panels - they can simply be wiped with a damp cloth.
- The surface of the panels differs in different textures - it can be a tree, and a false brick, and marble.
- Finally, the decorative characteristics attract - a wide color range.
There are no drawbacks - in case of flooding on the panels, it is not that the crack appears, they can swell. In this case, it is difficult to calculate the damage, it may be necessary to change the entire ceiling.
The alternative to veneered panels is vinyl. This is a modern design and good performance. Sip panels are often used to remove walls.
LED ceiling panels
LED ceiling panels
LED panels can be in the form of square figures, rectangular and round. On your order can make and custom panels.
- Differ by a low level of power consumption;
- These panels allow you to make the room original, modern, lighting effects are simply amazing;
- Panels are mounted very simply, therefore they are used as lamps of suspended ceiling structures;
- These panels make accents on beautiful areas, allow you to organize a game of shadows;
- As the light of the panels is smooth and bright, they are well combined with classical lighting.
How to glue to the ceiling panels from foam
Sandwich panels are stacked easily, and if you purchased not sandwich structures but panelsFrom polystyrene, how to fix them?This process looks like this. Glue( you can use liquid nails) a thin layer is put on the panel and on the ceiling. Each panel will take half a minute.
Use a soft cloth to help in gluing to expel excess air from under the panel.
To install the lighting, cut out the holes in the panel, adjust everything to the desired dimensions. Pasting the ceiling panels is not difficult, if everything is done according to the rules. Sometimes, by the way, panels can be glued not only the ceiling, but also the surface of the partitions. Often used not only glossy, but also matte panels, as well as panels with a picture.
How to trim the ceiling with wall panels( video)
Paneling or laying of panels can be done on a frame( a metal frame or a wooden beam), however, in this case the height of the room will suffer. You can simply glue the surface with panels, and if you do it carefully, you will get a good effect from quick repair.