How to decorate the ceiling in the living room?You can use fabric or drywall for finishing. These materials are universal and relatively cheap. If the room is designed in the style of a classic or a provence, then you can use stucco or textured plaster. When decorating a room with a bay window or fireplace, it is preferable to use vinyl stickers or special paints. If you want to decorate the living room in a private house, then it is better to use wooden or polyurethane beams.
- We decorate the ceiling in the living-dining room
- We decorate the ceilings in the living room in the style of the classic
- How to make a beautiful ceiling in the living room-studio
- How to decorate the ceiling in the living room: trends of 2017
- Unusual ideasFor decorating the ceiling in the living room
- How to choose the ceiling color in the living room
- How to decorate the living rooms with high ceilings
- Ceiling in the living room installation( video)
- Ceiling design in the living room( interior photo)
We decorate the ceiling in the living-dining room
When combining the living room and the dining room for the ceiling, it is best to use gypsum board panels. Provide zoning room can be with acrylic paints. Gypsum boards can be used even if the room size is small.
The first stage is the layout. In order to accurately mark the surface under the frame, you need to repel the level on all walls in the room, and then mark the place where the starting profile will be located.
Drywall installation technology:
- Fasten the starting profile to the walls. Fix it with dowels.
- Install the CD-profiles. Use the connector to connect the profiles together. It is fixed with self-tapping screws.
- After the crate has been assembled, install gypsum boards. Remember that the panels should not be located close to the walls. To fix the drywall, use self-tapping screws.
- Proceed to the finish finish. If you plan to zonate the room, then use special lighting or acrylic paints.
Designing ceilings in the living room in the style of the classic
If your living room is designed in the style of a classic or a provence, then you will be able to make a beautiful ceiling with acrylic paints and stucco. Before painting the ceiling, it is recommended to level the surface and fill all irregularities.
The ceiling is decorated in classic style in the following order:
- Mark the surface.
- Apply glue solution to the back of the stucco molding, and glue the part to the base surface.
- After this, the stucco should be painted. A white acrylic paint will do. To paint stucco, use wide brushes.
- Then you need to paint the remaining parts of the ceiling. For this, it is better to use a paint roller.
- Allow paint to dry. This process will take no more than 3 hours.
- Then apply another coat of paint.
Stucco can be made of gypsum or polyurethane. For gluing stucco molding use liquid nails. Products made of polyurethane have a low specific weight, so for their installation, you can use ordinary construction adhesive.
How to make a beautiful ceiling in the living room-studio
For the design of the living room, it is not recommended to use a matte ceiling. This design will look tasteless. Experts argue that the glossy ceiling will be most appropriate in the living room-studio. You can make such a ceiling with the help of specialized glossy paints. This material is absolutely safe for humans. In addition, glossy colors are more durable than matte or acrylic.
Before you start painting the surface, clean the ceiling of the dirt. It is also recommended to thoroughly dry the base surface. Otherwise, after painting on the ceiling, cracks and bubbles may form.
Ceiling painting procedure:
- Dilute the glossy paint with water.
- Color the corners of the room.
- Use a roller to paint the rest of the ceiling. Remember that the painting should be done from the window to the middle of the room. It should be noted that the first layer of paint should be applied perpendicular to the window.
- Wait until the first coat dries, and then apply one more coat of paint.
How to decorate the living room ceiling: trends for 2017
If you are looking for modern ceiling design options, then pay attention to the combined designs. They remain in the trend since 2015.In order to make a combined ceiling, it is necessary to use plasterboard sheets and a fabric cloth.
is popular. The combined ceiling installation is carried out in this order:
- Install the crate. The frame is mounted in the same way as the crate for plasterboard sheets.
- Part of the construction is covered with plasterboard panels. It is recommended to panel the part of the structure that is flush against the wall. For fixing gipsokartonnyh sheets use self-tapping screws.
- Apply a filler to the joints between the drywall panels.
- Install a profile for the fabric web on the gypsum board.
- At the center of each side of the box, attach a baguette.
- Pull the fabric from the center of the ceiling, and then fix it in the baguette.
- Cut off excess fabric. If you notice that creases have formed, then warm up these areas with a construction hair dryer.
If you are assembling a combined ceiling, do not forget to install the wiring after installing the crate. It is also necessary to isolate the cable with a corrugated pipe.
Unusual ideas for decorating the ceiling in the living room
If you like non-ordinary ideas, then you can use vinyl stickers to decorate the ceiling. This method of registration is advisable to apply, if the living room is small or in it low ceilings. Also vinyl stickers are used when decorating living rooms with a bay window or fireplace.
Vinyl sticker application technology:
- Mark the surface.
- Gently separate some of the substrate from the vinyl sticker.
- Attach a sticker to the base surface, and remove the remainder of the substrate.
- After the sticker has been glued, remove the mounting transparent film.
- Smooth the product with a piece of cloth.
If you do not want to use stickers, you can simply paint the ceiling. To do this, you need to select the appropriate images, and design them on the surface using a slide projector. After that, you need to bring the contours of the composition, and then paint the picture with acrylic or oil paints.
How to choose the color of the ceiling in the living room
In order to choose the optimal color of the ceiling you need to take into account a number of nuances. First of all, you should take into account the style in which the living room is held. To decorate the ceiling in a room in the style of the classic, Provence or Eco, it is advisable to use white color. If your living room is designed in the style of industrial, minimalism, fusion, then you can use some darker shade.
Also when choosing the color, you should also consider:
- Ceiling height. If the living room has low ceilings, then give preference to cold shades. In a room with high ceilings, it is better to use warm shades.
- The configuration of the ceiling. If the ceiling has a curved shape, then give preference to a light green, white or beige color.
- Wall color. Remember that walls and ceiling should not be painted in the same color.
If you plan to zonate a room, you can combine colors. For example, in the interior of the living room, black and white or beige-brown ceilings will fit well.
How to decorate living rooms with high ceilings
If you have high ceilings in the living room, they can be decorated with beams. They can be made of wood or polyurethane. It is recommended to give preference to polyurethane products, since they are not rotted and have a low specific gravity.
With the help of beams, you can achieve a visual expansion of the room. To do this, you need to place the beams along a wide wall or grate.
Installation technology for polyurethane beams:
- Prepare the base surface. It is desirable to degrease the ceiling and plaster all cracks.
- Then attach the aluminum profiles to the ceiling. Alternatively, you can use wooden bars. If you use wooden products, be sure to treat them with an antiseptic.
- Drill a hole in the beam, and insert the screws into the hole.
- Secure the beam to the ceiling.
Ceiling installation in the living room( video)
Different materials can be used for finishing the ceiling. If you have a large room, then give preference to polyurethane beams, combined structures or drywall sheets. For finishing small rooms, it is recommended to use acrylic paints, stucco, glossy paints or vinyl stickers. When choosing finishing materials, also follow the style of your interior, the shape and height of the ceilings.