The world of ceiling design is developing very fast these days. The fact is that the ceiling is a field for the embodiment of almost any interior fantasies!After all, the ceiling is a furniture-free zone, which should contain only lighting fixtures. In the living room you can afford a bright and unusual design, as this room is a place of gathering friends and family. It's nice to spend time here for a noisy conversation or a favorite hobby.
- Ceiling in the living room: photo ceilings from plasterboard
- How to decorate the ceiling in the living room: photos of the best design options
- Design of the ceiling of the living room 2017: modern ideas
- Fashionable style:Direction of the living room
- Design of ceilings from plasterboard and stretch ceilings for the living room( video)
- Examples of ceiling design in the living room( interior photo)
Decoration of the ceiling in the living roomth: photos ceilings of plasterboard Plasterboard
different from other materials by its versatility. A lot of advantages that can give some way to decorate the ceiling, combined in a suspended gypsum cardboard ceiling.
Advantages of gypsum board ceilings:
- The ability to hide the shortcomings of the existing ceiling.
- Suspended ceilings easily accommodate all available wiring and communication lines, as well as lighting.
- The resulting ceilings are completely smooth and smooth.
- Low cost. Drywall is much lower in price than stretch PVC or fabric ceilings.
- Thermal and noise isolation is possible if you lay a special material between the main and gypsum cardboard ceiling.
- The possibility of design ideas is not limited if you are making a plasterboard ceiling. It can be installed in several levels, paint, glue and so on.
- Drywall is environmentally friendly and safe for people of any age and animals.
- In contrast to film tension ceilings, gypsum board is a durable material, and it is resistant to high temperatures.
- Possibility of self-installation for people with little experience in construction and repair.
With such advantages plasterboard easily breaks out into the leaders among the materials for ceiling finishing.
Drywall will be ideal for you if you want to hide the shortcomings of the existing ceiling under a beautiful and high-quality surface quickly, easily and inexpensively. Remember that it is not necessary to suspend the drywall if the ceiling has a height of less than 2.5 meters.
Of course, not everything in this world is perfect. Disadvantages of drywall are also available. In order not to be exposed to illusions and not rush headlong into the building store behind sheets of drywall, it is recommended to familiarize yourself with the minuses of gypsum plasterboard structures.
Cons of the drywall ceiling:
- Suspended ceiling hides the height of the walls. Either way, the apartments ceilings are not very high. This can be a serious obstacle to the installation of a suspended structure on the ceiling.
- Exposure to moisture. In the living room it is rarely wet, but if you want to decorate the ceiling in a studio apartment where the kitchen is not allocated in a separate room, care should be taken to prevent moisture from preparing liquid dishes from touching the plasterboard.
- In case there is a possibility of flooding neighbors from above, installing a drywall is also undesirable. After the incident, a complete or partial replacement of the ceiling is required.
- In new homes where there is a drawdown of the building, drywall has a risk of cracking or deforming somehow.
- If you have not painted or stained the ceiling, do not expect that the drywall will remain snow-white forever!This material is subject to color change under the influence of light, moisture and time.
How to decorate the ceiling in the living room: photos of the most successful design options
In fact, modern technology allows you to fulfill any idea in the field of interior design. But in every industry there are their own traditions. Professionals recommend first to get acquainted with those design options for ceilings in the living room, which were most common among people.
What are the most suitable ceilings in the living room:
- The absolute leader among the ways of decorating ceilings in the living room is whiteMatt ceiling. There are several ways to achieve this result. You can make a stretch ceiling from a fabric or hang a drywall, covering it with a matte paint. Of the traditional options are often chosen to tear out the ceiling, followed by painting or whitewashing.
- Gloss is also popular for the decoration of the ceiling in the living room. The gloss can be created from a stretch PVC film or the film can be glued to the existing non-glossy surface. Also there is a glossy paint.
- Perimeter level. A nice elegant option for a square or rectangular living room is the creation of a small ledge around the perimeter of the room framing the ceiling. This level is often inserted spots, which creates additional lighting in the living room.
- pattern. If the style of your living room allows you to make an element of decorativeness, then let the experiment enter the room!Cute patterns on the ceiling - this is not causing redundancy, but a trendy and trendy element of the interior.
- Angles and waves. To the ceiling looked really unusual, you can consider the option of creating a wavy ceiling or ceiling with projected corners. Pay attention to the height of the walls: it should be sufficient to make the decoration look organic and does not create a feeling of super-closed space.
- The sky. The natural theme is very popular in modern interior design. The upper part of space always has one characteristic association: the sky. Create a heavenly picture on the ceiling with photo printing, wallpaper or a complex hanging design using LEDs to simulate stars. Both the night and the day sky will look fabulous on the ceiling in the living room.
- Geometry. The possibility of creating a multi-level ceiling made a breakthrough in the world of artistic thought of interior designers!Fantasize and you, coming up with geometric patterns for the arrangement of multi-level structures for the ceiling surface in the living room.
Whatever the ceilings in your living room, high or low, you can make a fashionable and bright design of your ceiling, choosing the right option.
Design of the ceiling of the living room 2017: modern ideas
For each trend in fashion and design has its own trends. The world of ceiling finishing is also moving in step with the times, and in the new 2017 we are expecting new items that are so pleasant to let in your living room!
The main trends of 2017:
- Natural materials. The ideas of environmental friendliness in everything that captured Europe are being transferred to our stay. Ecology is the use of natural materials or their imitation. So, in the trend of the season there will be a ceiling, imitating a carved stone. The tree, of course, perfectly fits into the interior of a country house.
- Geometry. When it comes to patterns and drawings, in 2017 there will be no alternatives: only clear geometric lines. Observance of proportions and laws of geometrical construction of figures will be a pledge of a trend pattern on the ceiling surface.
- Metal. Returning to the theme of imitation of materials, it's nice to recall the stretch ceilings made of satin, which miraculously resemble metal, which is also a trend of 2016-2017.Brass, copper, tin - choose the shade, which will have to you and your interior is best.
- Minimalism. 2017 goes from the lush decor, so close to the 2015 trends. Now at the head of the table is simplicity, modesty and practicality. Minimalism in relation to the ceiling surface will be the embodiment of this trend.
- Flora and fauna. If you like to decorate, then choose the world of animals and plants. The image of flowers, fruits, fish, chanterelles and the like may look a little infantile and cartoonish, or, on the contrary, be realistic and profound. Consider this trend, and the ceiling will be the main decoration in the living room.
- Folklore. National identity is reborn through interior design!Folk motifs, revived in images and patterns on various surfaces - this is the absolute trend of 2017.Choose those motifs that correspond to your state of mind.
The intricate appeal of multi-color ceilings remained in 2015.Today we meet practical and restrained options for the design of ceilings for the living room.
Fashionable style: we select the ceiling under the interior direction of the living room
Modern fashion predetermines not only individual trends for the ceiling surfaces, but also highlights style trends. Which are most preferable in the coming year.
Which styles are considered the most fashionable in the 2016-2017 season:
- Eclectic. Unaccounted before, eclecticism is now included in the trend of modern interior art. To create a ceiling in the eclectic style, you can use a tree or a geometric ceiling made of gypsum plasterboard.
- Loft. For many years, the grunge direction of the loft has not lost its positions. Here, wooden or metal ceilings are suitable against the background of a monotonous ceiling of a calm, soft shade.
- Eco-style. Fashionable and pleasant eco-style offers use only natural materials. Wooden ceiling is best.
- Minimalism. Experiments are often unnecessary in this direction. It is best to stretch the snow-white frosted fabric and hide the lighting fixtures in it.
- High-tech. Still at the peak of popularity technological high-tech. Use the imitation metal with a satin stretch fabric.
Every fashionable trend has its own preferences in form, texture and color.
Design of ceilings from plasterboard and stretch ceilings for the living room( video)
Even with a low ceiling, you can make the design that fits your lifestyle and interior. For a small living room the main thing is not to overload the ceiling, but for a large living room the main rule is a competent accent setting. Be competent and consistent in the design of the living room, because this room is the heart of your home.