plays an important role in decorating the interior of the living room. The right color of the walls in the living room forms the appearance of the room and provides a comfortable psychological atmosphere. Designers recommend in advance to think out the color design of the room, starting from the final result. If the shades of red emphasize the violence of elements and an active lifestyle, the pastel colors will concentrate on relaxation. In order not to make a mistake, it is necessary to take into account several points.
- Practical advice: what color walls to choose for the living room
- Professional wall design in the hall
- Harmonious combination of wall and floor colors in the hall
- Decorating the walls in the living room: finishes
- Trendy bright colorsIn the living room( video)
- Examples of wall color in living rooms( photo interiors)
Practical advice: which wall color to choose for the living room
To ensure that the color of the walls does not violate the intimacy conducted in the roomschenii conversations are advised not to extremes. The abundance of color spots, as well as unjustified poverty of shades not in the best way will be reflected in perception of space. If it comes to repair, then the shades are consistent with the existing furniture, and if you plan to transform a new building - you can safely experiment.
As it was said, the drawing room is selected taking into account only two criteria: relaxation or excitement. In the first case, the emphasis is on cold shades, and in the second - on warm shades.
If the owner of a dwelling places himself as a fan of the "golden mean", then you can choose a greenish-yellow hue or something close to the color of the yolk.
In addition, attention should be paid to the following:
- The material texture - for beginners, it will be a discovery that the appearance of the material largely determines the degree of color saturation in the interior of the room. Not the lacquered and shiny surface of the tone looks more saturated, rather than on the relief.
- The use of warm tones visually decreases the room, and the application of cold colors - allows you to find in the room a few additional visual centimeters.
- Change the area of the room will help the degree of saturation of the used shade. The more saturated the options are chosen, the closer to each other.
Professional design of walls in the hall
Design projects are a separate category, where it is a question of non-standard premises. For example, a room with high ceilings in the south side of the house will help a darker shade. It is important to remember that the tone should not be too strongly discordant with the already existing color in the room. An important role is played by the amount of natural light entering the room during the day.
The designers recommend to start from this principle on the principle of opposites:
- Beginners need to remember thatIn the sunlight is able to distinguish even a neutral shade. In this connection, it is necessary to think several times;
- It is recommended to trim the walls in warm colors, if the windows are located on the north side, the resulting contrast will create a comfortable atmosphere;
- In the apartment, the living room windows facing south face the need for pastel and even dark shades;
- The only stumbling block is the western side.
Harmonious combination of wall and floor colors in the hall
The right combination of floor and wall colors in the room makes it possible to make a functional and simultaneous attractive design. The main thing is to choose the right colors. For example, various types of black or dark brown color help visually insulate the room and raise the ceiling. If the task is to reduce it a little, then the covering of the floors must be made light.
In general, the following recommendations will help to choose the right floor cover:
- Applying contrasting colorsNot recommended;
- If it is a house where elderly people or toddlers live, then the use of a durable and environmentally safe paint is allowed;
- With your own hands, you can add minor accents, acting as separators of functional zones;
- It is possible to use the dark and light part in the ratio 2: 4
Decorate the walls in the living room: the finishes
Textured or with pictures, with many pictures or minimalistic - to make everything you want in the living room. The main thing is to take into account the architectural and stylistic features of the premises. If the head has not yet formed a clear vision of the final result, then the necessary ideas can be emphasized in friends and acquaintances. Do not give up specialized magazines devoted to design.
It is recommended to treat the information found with a certain amount of skepticism. Not every found drawing will look good in a particular living room.
In addition, it is necessary to take into account the geometry of the walls, which are planned to be pasted or painted. Only an integrated approach will become the main comfortable stay in the room.
The following will help to achieve this:
- Applying tension or false ceilings in a living room with a lot of space requires taking into account the specifics of the walls, which must harmonize with the shades of the ceiling. Otherwise there will be a feeling of unnatural room dimensions.
- "Khrushchevka", where it is planned to carry out repairs, requires a special approach. If the owner of the living quarters has doubts about the appropriateness of such transformations, then one can visit the design standup. Similar events are held in many cities. Here they will tell that the new approach to the design of walls in a small room is based on pastel shades.
- In the classic interior, the best solution in all respects will be a pastel shade of beige or gray, depending on the stylistic features. This color will not compress or expand the space too much.
- Minimalist design implies the use of minor decorative elements. You can hang abstract pictures or just draw lines. If you do not have confidence in yourself, then a stencil with a pre-prepared image will come to the rescue.
Fashionable bright colors in the living room( video)
The color design of the living room depends on its size, degree of illumination, the predominant texture of furniture and a number of additional factors. The more accurately they are taken into account, the more comfortable it will be in such a room. The main thing is not to go too far. Designers are advised to some extent to abandon this or that element, rather than overload the space. In this case, even the right color will play a cruel joke, turning into an anchor pulling the bottom of the room.