Of all the insulants listed above for the balcony or loggia, polystyrene and isolon are most often used. Due to its not a big price, the rating of the foam plastic is very high. Sufficient for thermal insulation is the thickness of the foam plastic in 30 - 40 mm, which makes it a very budgetary kind of material. In addition, the foam is easy to assemble and cut.
What kind of insulation for a balcony is better than polystyrene?Penoplex and expanded polystyrene. In texture, they are not similar to polystyrene, but they differ in composition, have lower thermal conductivity, they do not eat mice like polystyrene, and they are more durable. But the price of these materials, respectively, is more expensive.
Another material that is often used in the insulation of balconies is minvata. Warming balconies with mineral wool has a number of advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages and disadvantages of the mineral wool balconies:
- It is more difficult to work with it, since it has a soft airy shape.
- Thermal conductivity of mineral wool is slightly higher than that of foam, but to achieve this, its layer should be 8 mm thicker than the foam layer.
- Mineral cotton wool is not possible to be sealed, and when depressurized, heat loss occurs.
- The advantages of the material for convection can be attributed to the pluses. Polyfoam has no such ability, and in case of accumulation of moisture or condensation under it, the surface on which it is laid can be depleted.
- Noise insulation in mineral wool is higher than that of foam;
- Withstands very high temperatures up to 800 degrees.
In addition to polystyrene foam, foam polystyrene, expanded polystyrene, balconies are also insulated with polyurethane foam, but specialists and equipment are needed to carry out these works. And the price of this material is much higher. Although he is the most effective.
Insulation of an insulated loggia or a balcony: the features of the
The special features of repairing balconies or loggias are another point: due to a small repaired area, it is better to carry out work gradually, practicing at the beginning of the ceiling, then conduct floor insulation, and then proceedTo repair the walls.
Insulation of the loggia with isolon is an excellent solution. Isolon, the most suitable material where you need to keep the heat to the maximum. Now he is willingly used in many sectors of construction.
The material device allows not only not to let the cold into the room, but also due to the mirror surface, redirects the heat flow back to the room. If you correctly lay the heater and seal all the seams, then your balcony will not be different from any other room in the apartment.
Step-by-step instruction for insulating the balcony with insulating glass:
- Replace conventional balcony windows if they are on modern double glazing. This is an obligatory condition for the insulation of the balconies. Without it, it is not advisable to heat the space.
- Analyze the strength of the balcony sheathing. Double-glazed windows are rather heavy structures. Will your old skins hold them.
- Having glazed windows, start sealing all cracks, cracks, removing rotten and rotten areas. Please note that after the insulation works, you will not be able to reach these building elements without disturbing the cladding of the balcony.
- After making sure that in the next 10-15 years the walls of your balcony will not have to be repaired, proceed with the installation of the crate.
- Do not forget about the wiring. Most likely in a new cozy place you will need sockets and switches. Provide them with electroslag.
- Place foam or foam foam between the slats of the crate.
- Fix the joints with foam and remove any residues.
- On top of the lath with a heater, attach penofol, the mirror side to yourself.
- Seal joints with foil tape.
Top on the lining lay the lining or profile. Only before this, be sure to check the tightness of the insulation layer.
How to choose a heater for a balcony( video)
Whatever materials you choose for the insulation of your balcony, remember that the work must be carried out qualitatively and scrupulously, otherwise the heat will not be saved, and your repair will not justify itself. If you do everything right, and even equip the heating on the balcony, you can enjoy your stay on it all the year round.