Drywall has long established itself as a very practical material. The advantage of drywall is a list of parameters such as durability, environmental friendliness, practicality and ease of use. This material differs by its extensive application due to its perfectly flat surface, cheap price and easy processing. To date, from it create the capital construction, level the walls and ceilings, create interior partitions. But the most important disadvantage of drywall is its low resistance to mechanical damage.
- preparatory phase or as drywall hang closet
- How to mount cabinets on drywall: fitting
- Can I hang cabinets on drywall: basic techniques of fastening
- Mounting of cabinets made of plasterboard: the main recommendations
- Embedded in drywall
- Tips: how to hang the cupboard on the wall of plasterboard( video)
preparatory stage or to hang drywall closet
Consider INDIVIDUALSKie parameters cabinet: dimensions, weight, material from which the installation will be performed.
- Finish all construction work, level the walls with gypsum board, take into account all wiring nuances. Thoroughly think through and install all the sockets, switches. Be sure to consider how all household appliances will be connected to the power grid. Often the situation turns out that the presence of switches on the wall strongly interferes with the installation of furniture. Or the use of this or that technique is not possible, since there is no connection to the network. Remember that the alteration and dismantling, take not only a lot of time, but also significantly spoil all the designs.
- Finish the decor of the room. Walls must be prepared in advance. Elements of design must necessarily be finished, so that neither wallpaper glue nor paint interfere with the installation work.
Consider the installation of the cabinet in more detail.
How to mount cabinets on drywall: fitting
There are many methods for installing a cabinet on gypsum board. The market is replete with various fastening materials and systems. This allows you to independently attach, for example, a kitchen cabinet to the wall of their drywall. Some of them are traditional, others are recommendatory, but it is better to follow professional recommendations. In the kitchen cupboard, as a rule, various cereals, condiments, utensils, and other kitchen utensils are stored, which together have considerable weight.
incorrectly matched to the specific situation of furniture objects mounting technique can not only bring down the cabinet, but also spoil the walls and plasterboard walls.
ideal height for a kitchen cabinet canopy considered 60 cm above the tabletop thus:
- On countertop may put small appliances(Microwave, steamer, multivark);
- This height is considered optimal for operation;
- The cabinet is located at the level of the eye, without interfering with the action on the countertop.
Is it possible to hang cabinets on drywall: the basic methods of fixing
There are several ways to fix furniture to plasterboard.
The fastening methods are as follows:
- Use of dowels for drywall and so-called "butterflies".First, a hole is made in the wall, then the fastener "butterfly" is installed. The difference between a butterfly and other fastenings is that, when combined with a screw, the dowel beads very firmly hold the structure to the plasterboard. The procedure, when the dowel is inserted into the material, and then the screw is screwed with a screwdriver, is more suitable for light structures. The weight of this cabinet should be about 5 kg together with everything that is inside. Such a fastening system is not visible to the eyes. It is quite realistic to realize at home even one person.
- Use of mounting rails. The cabinet is suspended from the racks attached to the plasterboard. Reiki need to be fixed firmly. It is recommended to mount the rails in several places. Approximately 10 cm apart. This method is more reliable. The weight of the enclosure can be up to 15 kg. The downside is that such fastenings are more massive, solid and, accordingly, too noticeable, and can ruin the design of your kitchen.
- Use of anchor bolts. This technique will give an opportunity to strengthen bulky furniture. But this technique is suitable basically only for the main walls( concrete, brick), fastened in this way, the cabinet on the gypsum board is possible if it is directly attached to one of the above types of surfaces.
- If it becomes necessary to attach to a gypsum board, it is necessary to strengthen the partition in advance. You can put amplifiers from a bar or other material into the intended attachment points. It is necessary to make notes to determine later the position of the material of the amplifier.
- If the attachment to the wall does not seem strong, it is possible to use decorative fasteners to the ceiling or to the countertop. Chromed legs can be used as a frame, and the main weight of the cabinet will be on them, let them rest on the countertop. No less original, I'll look at the cables, attached to the ceiling and additionally supporting the hanging cabinet.
Installation of a plasterboard cabinet: basic recommendations
In order to avoid an unforeseen situation, it is necessary to remember some features.
If you follow the recommendations clearly, the design will last a long time and you will not doubt the reliability:
- Carefully select the material. All fasteners must be certified. Consult with a specialist in the store when you go shopping. Choose carefully so that there are no cracks and chips or other defects.
- Use the level. It is necessary to properly distribute the load to all elements of the structure. Calculate the load will allow the building level. As a rule, all designs are hung at eye level, and if there are shortcomings and distortions - this will be very noticeable, even with the naked eye.
- Select the fastening element, and make the installation so that there is no deformation of the plasterboard.
- Really look at things. Do not expect that you will be able to attach a heavy cabinet to the usual dowels.
- If the wall of gypsum board is installed in advance, it is better to use a metal frame.
Mortgage in the
Drywall. What can be considered as mortgages are small blocks measuring approximately 40 to 50 mm, or 70 to 40 mm. The thickness of the bar depends on the thickness of the metal frame. If the bar is too thin, then when fastening the drywall will be sold to the bar and deformed. If it is too thick, then inevitably there will be a bulge.
Decide at what height you will suspend the cabinet. This information is needed in order to clearly know where to place mortgages. The bar must be placed so that one end is inserted into one profile and the other end is inserted into another profile.
If necessary, the profile ends can be unbent. We fasten the ends with screws. It will be more reliable, but it is not necessary to apply this technique. When the invoices are put in the right place, you can close the structure with plasterboard.
Tips: how to hang a kitchen cabinet on a drywall wall( video)
So, a lightweight shelf or an attachment for a small pot with a flower is easily attached to the wall covered with plasterboard, but no more. When you are repairing your own apartment, you will have a question, is it possible to fix the cabinets on the walls, leveled with plasterboard?Yes, you can, at work adhere to all the recommendations.