Gypsum designs are becoming increasingly popular. This universal, pliable and durable material allows you to create real masterpieces within the walls of your own apartment. Decorative partitions with niche shelves, portals for falshkons, a variety of furniture, curly ceilings and wall decor - this is far from the limit of the possibilities of this material.
- What is the putty joints drywall
- The putty joints drywall: training material and tools
- instructions step by step: how to putty joints drywall
- How to choose the plaster to drywall joints
- Instructions: howputty joints drywall( video)
what is the coat of drywall joints
Any plaster structure consists of load-bearing frame, coveredGCR sheets and decorative finishes. Sometimes this is limited, without knowing that any decorative finish on the plasterboard should be preceded by a rough coat of putty and primer. Putty is applied more often in two layers - start and finish, and already on the finishing layer - a primer, if the surface is prepared for pasting wallpaper. Puttying gypsum plasterboard walls or other structures allows to reduce the consumption of finishing material, simplify the subsequent repairs and level the surface for painting, when even any small flaw is noticeable.
Any sheet material has seams or joints - places of contact plates. In the case of plasterboard( and he is not an exception), they also require special attention.
When plastering joints of drywall sheets a special reinforcing tape is used - a serpent. It strengthens the joints of sheets, prevents the occurrence of cracks, which are inevitable over the years.
Thin plasterboard joints: preparation of the material and tool
Puttying the joints of sheets requires a certain tool and materials. They should acquire in advance, so as not to be distracted during the work. For the processing of gypsum board joints, as well as its entire surface, first of all, two kinds of putty will be needed.
- Start putty. It has a coarse-grained structure( smaller than that of ordinary plaster), it is used for leveling rough surfaces that deviate from the level and eliminate defects( cracks, potholes, seams).The application layer is up to 1.5 cm.
- Finish composition. Has a fine-grained structure, something similar to flour. A variety is proposed for the ideal leveling of the surface - this is the last layer of the rough finish of the drywall( not including the primer).Apply the material over the start, a layer from 1 to 3 mm.
After drying of the finishing putty and surface cleaning, the structure( or wall) becomes smooth and smooth.
There is another type of putty - universal. Its structure is smaller than the start, but larger than the finish. If the GKL decoration is made for wallpaper, it is possible to use a universal material.
also need reinforcing tape to use on joints - serpyanka. It is a fiberglass-based building mesh. One side of it is treated with an adhesive compound that fixes the tape to the surface.. Width serpyanku different - from 4 to 23 cm, length from 2 to 18 m
Of tool need:
- 2 kinds of spatulas( narrow and wide);
- Rubber or sharp knife;
- Building mixer
- Capacity for spreading putty.
Having prepared everything you need, you can start the main task. Below, a step-by-step instruction will be described, thanks to which even a beginner can cope with work.
Instructions step-by-step: how to putty joints drywall
Even at the stage of installation of drywall to the frame, the seams of the sheets are expanded by a plane( the edge is removed from both sheets at an angle of 45 degrees).If this was not done - you can hang a chamfer with a sharp knife already on the assembled structure.
The following operations are performed:
- Surface dusting. That is, the joints are wiped with a damp cloth to keep the chamfers clean.
- Primer of the seam. Few people use a primer at this stage, but it should be noted that the soil composition, in addition to antiseptic properties, also has good adhesion. Having pierced the seams, you can not be afraid that the layer of gypsum will fall off.
- Mixing of putty. While the primer dries, you can start preparing the main material. It should be noted that putty is a quick-drying compound, so it should be diluted immediately before application. For this we need a building mixer, a container and water.
- Application of putty. After the primer has dried, take a spatula and apply a layer of putty( start or universal) to the joint. The mixture is filled not only with the place where the sheets are joined, but also with the surrounding area( roughly the width of the serpentine).
- Stacking the belt. Until the putty has frozen, a serpanka is glued to the joint. It is advisable to lay the tape so that its middle directly coincides with the place where the plasterboard sheets are joined.
After the joints are plastered, you can proceed to finish the entire surface. The final composition should be applied after the start has dried completely( this can take from 12 to 24 hours, depending on the characteristics of the room).
How to choose a filler for joints of drywall
The world construction market is replete with a variety of different calming materials, including shpatlevochnyh mixtures. To smooth the gypsum cardboard joints of any special composition is not required - the material is used as for the entire surface.
Depending on the purpose, putty, as mentioned above, there is a starting, finishing and universal. In composition - plaster, cement and polymer. For the rough finishing of gypsum board surfaces, all three options are suitable, but much also depends on the characteristics of the room, so let us dwell on them in more detail.
Let's consider in detail the types of filler mixes in composition:
- Cement putty. The most moisture resistant of all types, withstands temperature changes, often used for finishing kitchen or bathroom. The lack of cement putty - shrinkage during drying and the possibility of the formation of microcracks. To avoid this, I advise you to apply the material more than once.
- Gypsum composition. According to experts, it is the best option for finishing gypsum board( which is made on the basis of gypsum).The basis of gypsum putty - gypsum and fillers, improving the characteristics of the composition. The putty quickly dries out without any shrinkage and is easily applied. However, the material absorbs moisture well, which leads to cracking on drying. It is not recommended to use such putty in wet or damp areas.
- Polymeric putty. Significantly superior to both previous varieties due to the versatility of the composition. Humidity, temperature changes, dampness - all this does not affect the material in any way. Polymeric compositions are often used as a finishing surface finish. Of the disadvantages can be distinguished high cost, but this filler consumption is much lower than other types.
Depending on the financial possibilities, the characteristics of the room and the volume of the forthcoming works, and the putty is chosen.
The putty is sold in two versions:
- Mortar. Sold in hermetically sealed containers, very convenient for beginners, since it does not require dilution.
- Dry mix. Has a longer shelf life, is most often used by experienced professionals.
Among the manufacturers there are many brands that have long established themselves in the construction market, but it is worth remembering that we often overpay for the name at a time when it is possible to buy a composition that is not inferior in terms of characteristics much cheaper from a little-known brand.
Instruction: how to putty plasterboard joints( video)
Plasterboard joint filler is an important stage in the design finish. If you do everything right, without saving money and time, you can rid yourself of the often occurring problems after a recent repair.
Good luck to you!