Nowadays, meter-long non-woven wallpaper is gaining relevance annually. In this there is nothing surprising, since the pasting of such wallpaper will be at least 2 times faster than the material of the standard footage. To glue such wallpaper, no special skills are required. It is important to align the concrete walls very well, otherwise the joints will be uneven. As soon as the walls are leveled, you have to wait until the putty has dried to be primed, then to glue the wallpaper.
- How to glue non-woven fleece wallpaper - where to start
- How to glue the non-woven wallpaper in the corners of the room
- How to glue fliseline wallpaper in the corners of the room
- How to glue wallpaper on non-woven wallpaper: specialist's recommendations
- Home-made master: rules for flocking wallpaper non-woven
- How to glue non-woven wallpaper( video)
How toFly non-woven fleece wallpaper - where to start
After the wall has been prepared according to the rules, it is necessary to apply glue to it in advance.
Advantages of this type of finishing material are obvious:
- Sticky takes little time;
- There is not much waste left;
- After work, the joints are less.
All this can not but affect the quality of work and appearance. But, despite the advantages of wide non-woven wallpaper, still there are hypochondriacs who buy ordinary wallpaper, believing that they can be glued on, it will be without problems, faster and better. In fact, it is quite easy to work with non-woven wallpaper. The main thing is to properly prepare the walls and paste with your own hands will turn out flawlessly.
It is important to remember that for this type of wallpaper, special glue is used, which can be purchased at a specialized store.
After the glue is applied it is necessary to perform the following actions:
- Take the wallpaper of the wallpaper, adjust it to the height.
- Start sticking the canvas over the broken line on the wall surface.
- The second side of the canvas is tucked into the corner.
- Immediately begin smoothing the wallpaper from top to bottom, expelling air bubbles.
For smoothing, tools such as a rubber spatula, a wallpaper roll or a piece of clean, dense fabric are suitable. As soon as the smoothing is finished, it is necessary to cut off excess wallpaper from the ceiling and the lower skirting board. Cut off conveniently with a sharp clerical knife, and as a guide use a metal spatula. If the wet wallpaper is cut badly, you can wait until the material dries.
Self-adhesive flocking wallpaper by butt
Pasting with the butt-end technology will be performed fully if the walls have been carefully aligned. When the walls are perfectly flat fleece linen is glued to the back of the second glued linen, without overlap.
The butt gluing process is carried out as follows:
- Special glue is applied to the wall.
- Cloth is glued along the butt-end.
- Once the joint is made, we must urgently expel the air.
- It is forbidden to achieve joint by stretching the web, when the wallpaper is dry, there will be slits between the canvases.
- Surplus at the ceiling and floor is cut with a stationery knife.
Masters recommend using one small trick. If you can not glue buttock, then you can glue about 3-4 cm, and after the wallpaper dry with an acute clerical knife make a through cut in the place where the canvas intersect. In this case, both canvases are cut. After the cut is done, the trimming must be removed, the joint should be greased with glue, and the canvas should be straightened, as a result, a smooth, neat joint will be obtained.
How to glue the non-woven wallpaper in the corners of the room
In the corner of the wallpaper is recommended to paste with an overlap of 3 cm on the adjacent wall. If the canvas is attached to a large size, it should be cut to the desired footprint. Masters glue the wallpaper in the corners in two different ways.
The first method is used when there is a wallpapering of the room with wallpaper with a pattern.
This method involves sticking the canvas strictly from the angle with an overlap to the previous cloth of 2-3 cm. This method allows you to hide the shortcomings in the caseOf the angle curve. The second method is ideal for non-woven wallpaper of one tone, a material without a pattern.
Step-by-step procedure for performing
- Cloth is glued from the corner.
- Both canvases are cut with a stationery knife.
- Surplus is removed.
- The joint is greased with glue.
- Cloths neatly aligned.
This technique can not be used when pasting wallpaper with a picture, as when cutting, the pattern structure is broken. It is also important to correctly glue the glue, it should not be either much or little, just enough so that the canvas can be sealed to the wall. An equal amount is applied to the concrete wall and to the gypsum cardboard glue, and the composition is not applied at all to the web. As you can see, paste a wide wallpaper is very simple, a little time, patience and the result will impress you. At least, gluing non-woven linens is much easier and faster than usual narrow wallpaper.
Can I glue non-woven wallpaper on an old wallpaper: advice from the master
If a person bought non-woven wallpaper and plans to repair himself, then he will be interested in learning a few nuances, for example, information on which surface can be glued and finishesmaterial.
Flizeline wallpaper can be glued on different surfaces, among which:
- Porous concrete;
- Plaster; Drywall
Do not glue the non-woven wallpaper on the paint, as they are peeled off, and you can not also glue the canvas on old wallpaper. Masters say that old paper wallpaper has a feature after re-pasting bubble, which will not affect positively on the result of the work. Why it is impossible to glue on old wallpaper and paint is understandable, so the best option is to remove the old cover, prepare the wall and pasting with good, high-quality non-woven wallpaper. Applying this type of wallpaper, you should exclude the likelihood of a draft, in addition, you must turn off the air conditioner, and start gluing from a window or corner.
Is it possible to paste wallpaper on non-woven wallpaper: recommendations fromspecialist
As mentioned above, it is not recommended to glue fliseline wallpapers to the old surface. The result may not please. Specialists in interior decoration recommend working with a pre-cleaned and prepared wall.
Masters like to work with this material and they note the following advantages of non-woven wallpaper:
- Long service life.
- The fabric does not stretch, does not shrink, does not deform.
- Easy to glue, easy to remove.
- The canvas has a different relief and pattern, which makes it possible to play with the design of the room.
- Wallpaper increases sound insulation.
- Improves fire resistance.
- The fabric is good for air.
- Ecologically clean composition.