There is a huge amount of materials for wall finishing. Wallpaper, paint, decorative plaster - that's just a small part of the ways of decorating an apartment. However, who would have thought that the stretcher, which is actively used to repair the ceiling, can be mounted on walls. This technology of space design is relatively new, and therefore is not widely used, due to which, it looks very unusual. What are wall tension ceilings and how to install them - read on.
- Stretch ceiling on the wall - it's stylish
- Advantages of fastening the tension ceiling to the wall
- How to make a wall if the ceiling is tension
- Wall from tension ceilings: mounting
- Variants of wall tension ceilings)
- Stretch ceiling design on the walls( interior photo)
Stretch ceiling on the wall - it's stylish
Stretch ceiling on the wall is able to give even the simplest interior of the apartment modernManic chic. And although because of his youth this method is little known, it is quite certain that soon he will take the leading position in the field of interior design.
Stretch ceilings on the wall can be decorated around the perimeter with an LED ribbon, this device will make the structure weightless and seemingly floating in the air.
With the help of walls from the stretch film with photo printing, you can visually increase the size of the room. Also, glossy and mirror stretch ceilings have this effect.
Variants of design of walls from a tension cloth:
- The most popular variant of use of a stretch ceiling on a wall is a cloth with a photoprint. Here, the interior design is limited only by your imagination. You can choose a canvas depicting cities, forests, the sea, the night road or just with nice and funny images.
- Stretch semi-transparent fabric - one of the newest achievements in the construction industry. With its help, you can create the effect of the unity of two rooms or make an additional window in the next room.
- Glossy, matt and fabric monophonic wall suspended ceilings can be painted in any color. They look bright and laconic.
With the help of tensioning cloths it is very convenient to zonate space. Also you can use in the interior decorative panels, which in their characteristics are very similar to stretch ceilings, but they are easier to install.
Advantages of fastening the tension ceiling to the wall
The stretch fabric is a beautiful, but expensive material, therefore, many choose wall-papers for wall decoration. However, wall tension ceilings have a lot of advantages over wallpaper. By purchasing it, you can be sure that over time its value will pay off.
. Advantages of installing the tensioning cloth on the wall:
- The stretch fabric is a waterproof material that does not absorb odors. Also, it is not affected by fungi and mold, which makes it appropriate to use it in the kitchen and in the bathroom.
- Before installing tension ceilings, it is not necessary to align the curved walls. Behind the stretch can be hidden as roughness of the surface of the base, and unaesthetic communication.
- Wall from the stretcher can be washed, which is very convenient in the kitchen or in the children's room.
- Unlike photo wallpapers, the tension walls do not have seams. Due to this property, the drawing will look very realistic even when viewed closely.
- Such walls are very durable, drawing and color on them does not fade and does not fade with time.
- The tensioning cloth does not deteriorate when struck by a blunt object and is capable of withstanding a rather large load.
The walls of the stretch ceiling have a rather large list of advantages, but there are also disadvantages. They include high cost, also, if you accidentally hit such a material with a sharp object, then a hole forms in the wall, which can not be completely replaced without a complete replacement of the canvas.
How to make a wall, if the ceiling tension
If you planned to decorate the room with a stretch ceiling, then the walls can be finished with almost any material. It can be drywall, wallpaper or the same stretcher. The latter option, we now disassemble in more detail.
When decorating walls and ceilings with a single tension cloth, it is important to choose the right pattern and texture.
If you have low ceilings, the use of one stretch fabric for walls and ceiling surfaces is an excellent solution. In this way, you not only visually pull, but also expand the space. Best for this function are glossy and mirror stretch ceilings.
It is not necessary to use for such kind of furnish, the cloths decorated on all perimetre drawing with a sharp transition of elements from a ceiling on walls. Such an interior will look too lively. It is necessary to take canvases with narrow inserts with unobtrusive painting, for example, a cherry branch. Cloths, moving from the ceiling to the walls - look very stylish and unusual. You can use this technique in interiors with a modern design.
Walls from stretch ceilings: mounting
Walls from tensioning sheets are made almost the same as stretch ceilings. The installation of such materials is almost impossible to do by yourself, as it will require special equipment. Of course, you can buy a special tensioner, but its purchase will hardly cost you less than the services of a master. We suggest you familiarize yourself with the basic positions of fastening the tension web.
- A metal profile is installed around the perimeter of the wall. There are two types of fastening: standard and gapless, in the second case there is a complete abutment of the tensioning cloth to the profile.
- With the help of a special device, the web is stretched.
- In the canvas, holes are cut and sockets and switches are attached.
At first glance, it may seem that the installation of a stretcher is a fairly simple job that does not take much time. However, this is not so, decorating the walls with such material requires a great kind of professionalism and attentiveness. Otherwise, expensive material can be irreparably damaged.
Variants of wall tension ceilings( video)
Wall tension ceilings will make your interior stylish and unusual. This method of decorating the walls is not suitable for classical designs, but it fits perfectly into the rooms decorated in modern styles.