How can I decorate the ceiling?It is best to use specialized stickers or self-adhesive film. These materials are inexpensive, easy to assemble and serve for a long time. On the ceiling, you can paste vinyl or phosphoric stickers. They differ among themselves not only in texture, but also in the way they are manufactured. They are installed in a similar way.
- Vinyl ceiling stickers: advantages and features
- How to glue decorative vinyl stickers on the ceiling
- Glowing stickers on the ceiling
- What else can you glue on the ceiling
- Phosphoric stickers on the ceiling: Advantages and disadvantages
- Select ceiling stickers( video)
- Examples of stickers on the ceiling( photo)
Vinyl ceiling stickers: advantages and features
Winlovye sticker can be attached to a wall or ceiling. This material is in great demand, because it is cheap. Vinyl stickers are made of polyvinyl chloride. They are a decorative coating, which is made from a specialized film and glue solution.
Vinyl stickers can be glued to wallpapers or stretch fabrics. In addition, such products are easily mounted on glass panels, cork, plastic and plywood.
Also, the advantages of vinyl stickers include:
- Variety of colors and sizes. Even if you have a small ceiling, you can easily pick up compact stickers.
- Versatility. Vinyl products perfectly fit into the interior. In addition, these products are well combined with any piece of furniture.
- Security. Stickers are made with the use of environmentally friendly materials, and therefore do not pose a threat to human health.
- Easy dismantling. Vinyl stickers have a good structure, making them easy to re-paste.
How to glue decorative vinyl stickers on the ceiling
Decorative stickers made of polyvinyl chloride are easily glued to any surface. Before you start, you need to apply markings on the base surface and clean the ceiling of the dust. To do this, use a paint brush.
Adhesive material for ceilings is necessary in the following order:
- Separate the vinyl film from the substrate.
- Then attach the material to the base surface. Do this carefully, and make sure that no creases appear.
- Next, we need to separate the substrate.
- Pat the sticker with a plastic spatula. Make sure that all air is out.
- After you glue the vinyl film, you need to remove the transparent coating located on the surface of the material.
- Re-smooth the sticker with a piece of soft cloth.
Remember that you can not separate the entire label from the substrate immediately. Otherwise, creases may form on the material. Initially, it's enough to separate only 5-10 centimeters of film.
Glowing asterisks on the ceiling
Glowing star stickers are often used when decorating a bedroom or living room. Such products glow in the dark. Stickers absorb energy from sunlight. Also, to "charge" such products you can use artificial light sources. It's enough to turn on the lighting in the room only for 5-7 minutes.
Remember that inorganic materials are used to make luminous stickers, so such products can be harmful. Experts do not recommend using luminous stickers when decorating a children's room.
The installation of the illuminated stickers is carried out in the following order:
- The surface must first be thoroughly cleaned of dirt and dust. Also, remove all defects on the base surface. If the ceiling is a curve, then it is recommended to apply a primer to the surface.
- Next, you need to apply a markup to the base surface.
- Next, glue two-sided adhesive tape to the ceiling.
- After this, remove the protective layer located on the label and attach the product to the surface.
- Next you need to smooth the pasted products. To do this, use a cloth or plastic spatula.
What else can you glue on the ceiling
You can use a self-adhesive film instead of vinyl or luminous stickers. It is made of sticky paper backing and polyvinyl chloride. The width of such a film is usually 67 centimeters. Also there are models with a width of 45 and 90 centimeters.
Self-adhesive films have water-repellent properties, so they can be installed even in the bathroom. In addition, such material does not burn out under the influence of ultraviolet rays.
Self-adhesive film installation technology:
- If the ceiling is sheathed with gypsum board, then sand the seams between panels using sandpaper. In case the ceilings are finished with plastic panels or plaster, you do not need to do this.
- Then measure the dimensions of the ceiling.
- After this, cut out a piece of film of the required size.
- Attach the product to the base surface.
- Carefully remove the protective layer.
- Press the film against the ceiling with a piece of cloth.
- Smooth the film with a plastic spatula.
Phosphoric stickers on the ceiling: advantages and disadvantages
Phosphoric stickers are also made of polyvinyl chloride. On top of the sticker, a pigment is applied, which is highlighted in the dark. Such labels contain only organic materials. Installation of phosphoric labels is carried out in the same way as the installation of vinyl products.
Remember that phosphor stickers are easily flammable, so it is not practical to use them when decorating a kitchen. It is also not recommended to glue these products to the ceiling in the bathroom, as they can deform under the influence of water vapor.
Advantages of phosphoric labels:
- Good adhesion. Phosphoric stickers can be glued to concrete, plastic or plasterboard panels.
- Phosphoric stickers do not need special care. You only need to wipe them with a damp sponge from time to time.
- It is easy to paste them.
- Phosphoric labels are more durable than vinyl products.
Choosing stickers on the ceiling( video)
For finishing the ceiling, it is best to use luminous phosphoric stickers. They are more durable than vinyl products or self-adhesive films. However, phosphoric labels are easily flammable, so they can not be installed in the kitchen. The best alternative to phosphoric labels are vinyl products. They are made of environmentally friendly materials and do not ignite. If you have a limited budget, then it is better to use self-adhesive films instead of stickers.