environment. In the 18th century, the first sideboards and sideboards for the living room were manufactured. These products were used to put on public display expensive utensils and other decorative products. But even now, many owners are trying to decorate the hall with expensive high-quality ceramics or fine porcelain.
- Sideboard for the living room: varieties
- Features of modern sideboards for the living room
- White sideboard for utensils: advice on choosing
- Classic sideboard for the living room
- Corner sideboard for the living room: featuresDesign
- Requirements for display cabinet in the living room from wood
- Double display cabinet. The hidden handicraft aspect( video)
- Detail: dining room sideboards( photo examples)
Sideboard for the dishes in the living room: varieties
Sideboards have become irreplaceable furniture for the living room. Therefore, whatever the style theme does not prevail in the interior to choose a cabinet that fits in perfectly with the surroundings, it will not be problematic.
There are collapsible structures that are easily transported, as well as non-segregated products, characterized by high strength.
Sideboards according to their design are divided into:
- Standard cabinets;
- Wall or wall products;
- Corner sideboards;
- Modular as well as island structures.
It is necessary to distinguish separately the style of design of these furniture items:
- Ethno-style. To produce such a sideboard, only natural materials of high quality are needed. Such furniture is customary to complement with unusual decor elements.
- Art Nouveau style. All servant models are characterized by simple design. For their production not only natural, but also artificial materials are suitable.
- Classical style. These products are presented in the form of large sideboards, which sometimes artificially age.
Features of modern sideboards for living room
Before buying a sideboard in the living room, it is recommended to determine how it is planned to use this design. If the sideboard will store and display expensive utensils, it is better to give preference to models with glass doors or products with backlighting.
When choosing sideboards in the living room, in addition to practicality, one should be guided by quality and beauty.
Modern sideboards are functional in their functionality:
- Slides. In such models, there is a special niche for TV or other equipment. There are many shelves, that is, this option is indispensable for small halls.
- Angular. They are used in large rooms. But there are varieties of angular structures that perfectly fit into the interior of small rooms.
- Sideboards. Such sideboards are considered classics. Their destination is reduced to the storage of expensive utensils and other utensils.
If in a modern apartment it is planned not to store dishes, but a large number of things, it is recommended to choose models with closed boxes. And the shelves and accessories must be quality and reliable.
White sideboard for utensils: advice on choosing
If the interior of the living room is made in the style of Provence, when choosing a sideboard it is recommended to give preference to products made in light colors.
You can use a white sideboard as an important decor element, even if you have chosen a different style of decorating the room.
Below are tips for choosing white sideboards:
- Pay attention to the destination. The product made in the classical style must necessarily have high quality. You should also decide how this piece of furniture will be used.
- Pay attention to the size of the sideboard. Large white white sideboards will be an excellent solution if it is necessary to emphasize the luxury of the living room and its elegance. But if the hall is small it is necessary to choose functional products in which there are no additional decorative elements.
- Pay attention to the storage system. The upper part of the modern sideboard is necessarily equipped with transparent doors, behind which it is customary to store beautiful dishes and expensive accessories. And things that are not planned to be displayed on public display can be hidden in the bottom of the sideboard. There are convenient closed shelves. In a quality product, they must necessarily have good roominess.
A small white sideboard with one door will be an excellent solution for a small hall. As for choosing a sideboard for spacious rooms, it is recommended to purchase a roomy model, in which there are many shelves and boxes.
Classic cabinet-sideboard for living room
A sideboard made in classical style is used to store utensils. The design looks similar to the cupboard. However, in contrast to the cupboard, there are additional sections for storing dishes. But how to understand that the chosen model of a sideboard is a classic?
It should be noted which components the design consists of:
- The upper part of the product must be equipped with glass doors;
- As for the lower part, there are always no glasses.
In the upper case it will be convenient to arrange figurines, vases or tea sets. And in the second half of the service it is better to place those kitchen accessories that do not have space in the upper part.
The classic sideboard for the dishes is characterized by small dimensions. The maximum height and width is 2 meters.
This piece of furniture looks great in the interior of the living room, even if a model is selected from the budget category. With the help of a varied decor, classic sideboards look expensive and exquisite. However, modern manufacturers use not only expensive wood, some models are made even from chipboard.
If the sideboard was made of real wood, the construction looks expensive and can last a long time. But this material requires special care. One of the main features of the classic sideboard are glass doors, which bear beautiful patterns or figures, and some models made in this style are equipped with illumination.
Corner sideboard for the living room: features of the
The corner cabinet is an excellent solution for owners who are not able to purchase a classic design or if the space to be decorated is small.
Below are the characteristics of the corner product:
- This design does not take up much space, but it fits well into the interior of the living room, whether classic or modernstyle;
- The showcase here is angular, so it is not designed to hide a large amount of utensils, that is, this sideboard is suitable for small rooms where only the most beautiful dishes are displayed;
- The corner sideboard is smaller than the classic one, so it can be supplemented with special lockers, however it is recommended to determine in advance how many things will be stored in this furniture in order to choose the best option for the sideboard.
It is necessary to distinguish the angular servant according to its purpose, because besides the cupboards there are wine, as well as book constructions.
The corner servant is one of the most convenient designs. This product, in addition to its practicality, is considered an excellent way to decorate the living room.
When choosing the above-mentioned sideboard, it is recommended to consider the style theme of the room. Some owners prefer to use in the interior designs decorated with carvings or unusual ornaments, that is, it can be a wenge model or a varnished sideboard.
Requirements for display cabinet in the living room made of wood
A sideboard made of wood is considered an excellent way to decorate the living room. Even if this furniture is made of inexpensive wood, this design looks attractive. Showcase is often used in the interior to maximally successfully place in her favorite dishes and a variety of decorative products.
However, before buying the preferred option, you should consider the designer's advice:
- Correctly choose the size of the product. It is important that the ratio of the dimensions of the cabinet to the size of the room was successful. That is a bulky design is better not to use in a small living room. Conversely, a small display cabinet will not be the best solution for a spacious room.
- Ensure that the shelves are strong. A quality showcase is necessarily equipped with reliable shelves, capable of withstanding a significant weight.
- Clear glass in the front part. This is an obligatory condition for such a cupboard, because the main purpose of the showcase is the ability to view objects inside. To increase the reliability of the product, it is recommended to choose models with impact-resistant glass.
- Selection of accessories. In addition to the convenience and reliability of the accessories, it is worth paying attention to its color in harmony with the surrounding furniture.
Double cupboard display case. The hidden aspect of handmade ( video)
Today, there are many models of sideboards, so picking the best option will not be a problem even for the most demanding buyer. But before buying a favorite option it is recommended to carefully compare the model of the design with the size of the living room, pay attention to the quality of the material and to anticipate how this product fits into the style theme of the room.