. To design the room with a fireplace follows with special interest and participation, giving preference to such qualities as convenience, comfort and coziness. Create an atmosphere of comfort and home will help such an element of decor, as a fireplace in the living room, it captures the looks and becomes the highlight of the entire interior.
- Modern decoration of fireplaces in the living room
- Spacious living room with fireplace in the apartment: everything is possible
- We select a fireplace for the general style
- Ideas for fireplaces in the living room: photos and examples
- Interior decoration in living rooms withFireplace
- Design of a living room with a fireplace( video)
- Design of a living room with a fireplace( photo interior)
Modern decoration of fireplaces in the living room
The times when the fireplace was the main source of thosePlas, long gone, now houses use gas or electric heating, and the built-in fireplace is used only as a decorative element.
In which style the fireplace will be decorated, depends only on your imagination.
Here are some ideas for choosing a style:
- Classic style is always relevant, it does not depend on the vagaries of fashion. The style is characterized by regular geometric outlines, noble color tones, mirrors in gold rims, expensive, solid furniture made of natural materials, luxurious sculptures. In this style of interior will perfectly fit a fireplace made of natural stone or marble, with the addition of stucco moldings, moldings, columns. Over the hearth, you can arrange family photos, pictures, figurines or other art objects.
- Minimalism and loft are functionality and rationalism in detail without using any decor elements. In this style, it will be appropriate to strictly design the fireplace, it is better when using a rough surface finish, like concrete, wood or brick design and other options.
- High-tech translates as "high technology", suitable for people who keep up to date. Style is defined by smooth walls, lack of carpeting, minimal amount of furniture, clear geometric shapes. The design uses simple colors: white base, metallic, gray and black edging. This fireplace is perfect for fire-resistant chimney, using chrome-plated details.
- Country and rustic style, also called Provence style, creates the feeling of a cozy house.
With the use of such elements as wild animal skin, aged furniture with built-in wardrobe made of natural wood, perhaps a rocking chair, woven rugs, light coloring of walls - a fireplace with rough, solid stone, gray shades or woodWarm tones.
Spacious living room with fireplace in the apartment: everything is possible
Gone are the days when fireplaces could be afforded only by the owners of private houses, now even in Khrushchev, it's not uncommon. Of course, installing a real fireplace in the apartment is not an easy task.
This will require special ventilation, build a chimney and, most importantly, get a building permit.
It will be difficult to install a gas-type fireplace installation, it will also require permission from the relevant authorities, and keeping the gas bottle in the apartment is not the safest idea.
There remains a variant with an electric fireplace, among other options, it is the most appropriate, and for this there are reasons:
- Permissions, licenses and references for redevelopment are not needed for installing an electric fireplace;
- Electric fireplace has mobility, it can easily be rearranged if you have to change the interior;
- No soot and dirt, like from real fireplaces;
- Safety - there is no need to store fuel in an apartment;
- The most economical, in comparison with others, option;
- In apartments with central heating, an excellent way to warm up the room;
- Easy to maintain.
In addition to electric, there is another cheap project - a false fireplace. Such an artificial fireplace can be done by oneself, it does not spend much time and energy. There are many varieties of its manufacture: it is possible to build such a fireplace from plasterboard, add a decorative element to the facade part( imitation of the real fireplace, as in the mansions), and install a mirror and decor under the candles in the cavity itself to create a muffled light.
We select a fireplace for the general style of
Today you can buy a fireplace for every taste and color, whether it's a fireplace made of stone, wood, glass or metal. An important factor in this acquisition is the conformity of the general style in the living room and the fireplace itself.
The modern idea of combining functional spaces, in particular such as a living room and a dining room. This layout will allow more efficient use of the area, additional square meters are released, on which you can equip one more room.
The fireplace can then be designed as zoning to separate the functional parts:
- Living room area;
- Dining area.
When combined, the oven will not only admire the flame, but also cook a small dish on an open fire.
In most country houses there are several floors, and therefore the original idea will be to place the fireplace under the stairs. This solution is ideal for rooms with a small area. Effectively and advantageously it will look like a large brick oven and a wooden staircase, or, if both elements are made of one material. However, in this case, it is necessary to comply with all the rules of fire safety, so that there is no danger of ignition of the stairs.
The fireplace in the middle of the living room is the prerogative of premises with a large area, where this arrangement will not interfere with the proportional furnishings and comfortable rest. But, such an oven, in order not to get lost, must match the size of the room.
Ideas for fireplaces in the living room: photos and examples
As the models of fireplaces are great, so as not to get confused in this variety, there is a certain classification of furnaces.
Depending on the location in the room, the basic types of fireplaces differ:
- Placed in the center of the room, notContact with the wall, the focus can be seen from all sides;
- Located together with a chimney in the wall itself, are created at the time of construction of the dwelling itself.
Wall-mounted fireplaces, not mounted in the very construction of the house, can be installed in any dwelling.
The type of furnace flame can be:
- Or with an open, unobstructed fire. Thanks to the romance of open flame, a cozy and beautiful environment is created. The minus of such a fireplace is that for a number of characteristics it loses stoves with a closed flame.
- Either with a closed fire. Such a fireplace is hidden in a niche, the wall of heat-resistant glass insulates the combustion of fuel.
By the way the furnaces are heated, they are divided into wood or coal fireplaces, gas, electric and eco-fireplaces.
Interior decoration in living rooms with fireplace
There are basic principles of furnishing in living rooms.
- It is advisable to arrange chairs on one or both sides of the fireplace so that it is convenient to bask and admire the flame on long, cold evenings;
- You can put a small coffee table in front of the fireplace;
- The color palette of the upholstery of the sofa is better to use similar to the upholstery of seats;
- The fireplace must be made in the same style as the furniture.
The arrangement of furniture is thought out in advance, so that the living room does not seem cluttered or uninhabited.
Decoration of a living room with a fireplace( video)
Various trifles in the interior( paintings, photos, cute trinkets) give life to the room. Also, the fireplace can be supplemented with such attributes as a scapula, a poker, a cast-iron fence.