. When planning repairs and making up a design project, special attention should be paid to how to decorate the floor in a dark room. Many are afraid to use dark shades in the finish, given the small dimensions of the apartment and rooms in it and considering that dark colors will visually reduce the space even more visually. However, this is not entirely true. Noble muted tones with a competent combination contribute to relaxation and tranquility.
- Dark floor in the living room: features of the choice
- How to cover the floor in the hall or the choice of materials
- Floor of the living room: color solution
- Intelligent interior of the living room with a dark floor
- Dark floor in the interiorVideo)
- Floor design in the living room( interior photo)
Dark floor in the living room: features of the choice
Dark colors undoubtedly give the room a noble look, but use them wisely.
When choosing a dark floor, Its features:
- The dark floor in the living room looks very rich, but with a large number of elements of similar shades in the interior, the room will look gloomy;
- The lack of light, both natural and artificial, is indeed capable of visually reducing the living room space with a darker floor;
- On the dark floor, dust, debris and stains are clearly visible, so a floor covering of this shade requires constant wet cleaning;
- On a dark, special glossy surface, fingerprints and traces of pets' paws will be clearly visible, so it is necessary to choose such coverage for families with small children or animals with extreme caution;
- Carpet covering of dark color literally attracts dust, threads and small rubbish, but it is not always easy to clean it, therefore this option is suitable only for families where the mistress can find time every day to vacuum the carpet.
Anyway, the light floor will never look good in a dark living room, because it will not contribute to the atmosphere of mystery, warmth and comfort.
How to cover a floor in a hall or a choice of materials
Having stopped on a choice of design of a drawing room with a dark floor, it is necessary to reflect seriously, from what material the covering will be made. From the choice of material will depend not only on the appearance of the room, but also the features of room care.
Here are some variants of floor coverings:
- Natural wood: this kind of coating is environmentally friendly and looks really chic, paint or varnish can be used for processing, but not all can afford such new floors, especially from rare species of wood;
- Natural stone: such a floor will have its own unique pattern, which is inherent only to a certain type of stone, again, if you want and the available material, you can choose a floor made of semiprecious stone, for example, marble;
- Porcelain: it is artificially made stone slabs, which, of course, are already a budget option, but they look quite nice;
- Parquet: considering that natural materials are back in fashion, parquet continues to be popular, as it allows creating a very beautiful floor;
- Ceramic or stone tiles: this option is even more accessible, but definitely inferior in beauty to its natural counterparts;
- Laminate: this kind of artificial wood covering is currently widely distributed, mainly because of its attractive cost and excellent technical characteristics;
- Linoleum: this kind of material is still quite popular, and its wide assortment in the current market contributes to the interest of buyers;
- Rubber( rubber) floor coverings: this floor, first of all, will be ideal for families with children or the elderly, as it has excellent anti-slip and shockproof properties, hypoallergenic and antibacterial;
- Carpet: if you want to have a nice warm floor, carpet is the right solution;
- Self-leveling floors: this is a special kind of cover that looks really rich, but is suitable only for a hall with inconspicuous furniture, so as not to attract attention to it, since the floor itself is almost a work of art and will attract attention.
What kind of flooring to choose, will depend on the preferences of a particular family, material resources and necessary technical qualities.
The floor of the living room: the color solution
Dark floor does not necessarily mean a black floor covering, there are other shades that can give the room gloominess, mystery and comfort.
There are several successful dark-house color solutions for the house:
- Black: whatever you say, a glossy black stone floor looks luxurious;
- Wenge: at the moment the most popular shade of dark floor, from which it breathes with warmth and comfort;
- Bitter chocolate: looks aesthetically pleasing and will be appropriate in the kitchen-living room;
- Wooden: the color design of the floor with wood pattern is suitable for any style of the hall, and under different angles of light fall will have a unique pattern;
- Gray: a matte dark gray floor in a high-tech style room or minimalism will look aesthetically pleasing;
- Burgundy: maroon floor combined with black furniture will create an atmosphere of royalty and majesty;
- Purple: excellent analogue of the black floor for those who love the charm of the night, but do not want to get too contrasting room;
- Dark blue: will give the living room a softness and nebula, and it will be especially good to look in the compartment with blue decorative elements of the interior.
Intelligent interior of the living room with a dark floor
Do not be afraid to use dark colors in the interior of the living room. After all, if you want on the floor, you can always lay a rug of contrasting color, and cover the furniture with bright veils, thereby adding to the room cheerfulness and vivacity, and therefore boldly choose dark floors in the living room.
Here are some tips on how to make a living room interior with a dark floor successful:
- If a dark floor is used, the wall decoration should preferably be light, then the room space will visually increase;
- In addition to bright walls, you can use mirrors to further expand the space;
- If you want to fill the dark floor with dark walls, you need to do it correctly, but it's better to turn to experienced designers;
- In a living room with a dark floor there must necessarily be a lot of light, both natural and artificial;
- For the interior decoration of a dark living room, the ceiling, in contrast to the floor, should be left light;
- Textiles and decor elements should fit perfectly into the room entourage.
The material of the floor covering will also have a strong influence on the overall concept of the room design. And those who do not like black color, do not necessarily abandon the dark sex in the hall, because there are many other less radical shades.
Dark floor in the interior( video)
Following these simple tips, you can get a perfectly cozy and warm living room. To choose a dark floor for the living room you need to approach responsibly, weighing all the advantages and disadvantages of this decision.