Often the small sizes of the apartments make us choose practical but not absolutely safe elements for the house. These include modern structures for moving between floors. Increasingly, owners of small private houses and two-story apartments prefer compact staircases such as "duck step", screw structures, staircases in the hospitals. Such systems do not always meet the requirements and safety standards and pose a particular danger to young children. In order to protect the child from injuries and bruises, precautions should be taken and a safety net for children must be purchased. What features have a child's partition and how to choose a gate - read in the article.
- Protection for the ladder from children: types of enclosures
- Safety gate for children on the stairs: what is this
- What design features should the protection for the ladder from the child
- How to choose a child protection for stairs
- How to make child safety gates for stairs with your own hands
- What is a security gate for children on the stairs( video)
Protection for stairs from children: types of fences
For a driver, children's furniture offer, today, a huge range of safety gates in a wide range of prices and designs. In order to choose the most suitable product, you need to understand their types and characteristics.
So, for today on the market there are:
- Fixed doors with one wing, the width of which corresponds to the installation site. Such partitions are stationary structures with balusters and parental safety locks. Fixed fences can be put on stairs leading to the basement, to the attic, the second floor;Use as a door in an arena, limiters for the time of carrying out in an apartment or house of small repair or installation works.
- Folding - mobile partitions in the form of "accordion", which can easily be mounted in door and stairwells, folded and unfolded. Folding systems can be two-tier and three-leaved, allow to block both marching stairs, and designs on boltsah, stairs of type "duck step".In addition, these doors allow you to protect a place for games, they can often be seen in the premises and in the kindergarten, in nursery groups at schools.
- Sliding - universal fences with adjustable width, which can form both a protective barrier-door and a screen for the fireplace, stove, appliances. Such fences allow you to close even non-standard, wide staircase and doorways.
In addition, children's protective fences are screen and latticed. Screen partitions are structures with a dense, transparent, edge-treated glass, lattice - systems with vertical balusters.
A strong mesh can be used as a gate, and a plastic stop can be used to fill the voids between the side elements of the ladder. Suitable and sidebars for the bed from which the baby grew, if their height is large enough for a child to climb through them.
Security gate for children on the stairs: what is
Today, the most popular furniture is from the Ikea trade network. And it's no accident: the furniture is distinguished by high-quality fittings and a stylish appearance. These qualities make the security gate from Ikea the most sought-after.
In addition, the gates from the Dutch trading company are characterized by a convenient installation method: the structures are located between balusters or door frames and fixed using mobile, screwStruts.
What design features should the protection on the ladder from the child
The protection on the staircase has in its structure a grating-frame, a gate and a lock. The lock must be represented by a locking mechanism or a multi-latch.
Often, the fences have not only mounting mechanisms but also additional elements( screens, nets, partitions), Which can be fenced household appliances, fireplaces, traumatically dangerous corners.
Requirements for the construction of children's partitions contain GOSTs, Sanitary norms and rules. For example, according to SANPs, for children's fences, the use of elements covered with harmful paints and varnishes is not allowed. And the height of the gate for children, according to GOST, must be at least 90 cm.
How to choose a child protection for stairs
In order for the collar to bring the maximum benefit, you need to take into account some of the nuances when choosing them.
- The child protection must be made of environmentally friendly material, Untreated wood, corrosion-resistant, anodized metal, etc.).
- The structural elements must be firmly connected, preferably in a glue-free manner( for example, a spike groove).
- It is better that the security door has a self-closing lock in its design: this device will help keep the system closed, which is extremely important, because, often, we do not notice how not to completely close the doors.
- The fence should be closely adjacent to adjacent walls, balusters and stairs so that the child can not get into the gaps.
Operation of the wicket should be simple and convenient. It is better to choose a gate with a rotation of 180 degrees: they will make it possible to conveniently use the wicket, even if the hands of the parent are occupied.
How to make child safety gates for stairs with your own hands
If you choose a finished product that meets the wishes of parents, norms and standards was not possible, then it is easy enough to make a fence with your own hands.
To do this:
- Remove the measurements from the ladder( measure the width of the ladder march);
- Determine the type of structure( barrier or wicket);
- Prepare materials( for a barrier - to buy a frame and a strong glass, wickets - wooden, processed bars);
- Assemble the structure with self-tapping screws and hinges.
You can additionally equip the door with rubber overlays on the elements of the construction, which will protect the child from injury and prevent the baby from gnawing crossbeams.
You can use temporary tools as temporary partitions: backs from cots, tight and often stretched, wide, strong, fabric strips, etc.
What is a security gate for children on the stairs( video)
With all the recommendations for choice, the gate for children on the stairs will become a practical system that can protect your child's movement in the house and protect him from injuries and bruises. For today, manufacturers offer a wide range of fences, which not only will become an effective acquisition, but also perfectly fit into the interior of the apartments. And, if you do not choose the desired fence - do not despair, you can always make a collar with your own hands!