Often the cottages are private two or three-story houses. Each owner of such a building tries to make its external and internal interior as stylish and harmonious as possible. An important part of the cottage is the staircase between the floors. It should harmoniously fit into the surrounding environment and emphasize the stylistics of the design of the room.
- Types of stairs for a cottage
- Variations of stairs to the second floor for cottages
- Angle of slope and width of stairs in cottages
- Beautiful stairs for cottages and their materials
- Beautiful stairs in cottages( video)
- Design of stairs in a cottage( photo of inerniers)
Types of stairs for a cottage
Planning the type and design of the stairs should be started already at the stage of creating a cottage project. Most people order a ready plan for arranging a home for designers, but people with a good imagination and a mathematical mindset can figure out how their house will look.
Without the help of specialists to plan the layout and appearance of the stairs, you need to know some of the features of such elements of the room. For example, what types of lifting structures exist.
The staircase in the cottages can perform different functions. However, in any case, its design should be carefully considered, since such a design is an important part of the interior or exterior of the house.
Types of stairs depending on their location:
- An external staircase is an important part of the exterior of the house. It is from her appearance that the first impression of the guest about the owner's taste depends. The entrance stairs are the bridge leading from the street to the house. Often they are made of stone or metal, as these materials are most resistant to adverse environmental influences.
- The staircase located in the lobby refers to the inside of the house. Such structures usually lead to the second floor. They are typical for aristocratic country houses. Stairs in the lobby are usually done by the owners who want to share the reception room and their quarters.
- Interstore ladders are also usually located in the house. They can be made of any material. The most incredible designs usually look like floating in the air steps. Such elements should be combined with the basic style of the interior. At the same time, the staircase can become the main highlight of your house. Since these designs greatly influence the overall impression of the cottage, if you are not sure that you can make them by yourself, then entrust such work to an experienced designer or use a ready-made version taken from fashion magazines.
Depending on where the ladder will be located, you need to choose the shape and material from which it will be made. Remember that if the structure is on the street, then you need to choose for its manufacture materials that are resistant to high humidity and to temperature changes.
Variations of stairs to the second floor for cottages
If you decide to make an external staircase leading to the house, then with its shape you do not have to have problems. Such a design should be simple, convenient and not too high, so that returning on a rainy evening after a hard working day home, you do not stumble upon the need to climb slippery steps.
Planning the appearance of the staircase located in the house, you can apply much more imagination. In addition to the fact that you can make it from absolutely any material capable of withstanding high loads, you can choose a variety of shapes for this design.
Form of interstore ladders:
- Beautiful screw ladders perfectly fit in the classic and pompous interiors. They look really luxurious and aristocratic. If you want, after spending a minimum of space, decorate the room with a grandiose and majestic design - then this option is for you. Unfortunately, it is not very convenient to climb the spiral staircases, but inside the cottage they will look quite appropriate.
- Marching ladders are the simplest and most convenient version of the lifting structure. They look great both in modern and in classical interiors. Their main drawback is that they take up a lot of space. This problem allows us to solve the construction of rotary-march structures, with platforms between the steps.
- Modular ladders are a relatively new invention. They are assembled from separate modules, due to which they occupy little space. Such designs have a low weight and are easy to install.
- The ladders on the are another new invention of the construction industry. In appearance, they resemble a modular design. However, the steps of such stairs should be kept at the expense of pins and bolts in the wall. Such structures look very unusual, but they can only be applied if the wall to which they are attached is made of concrete.
The shape of the ladder needs to be selected depending on the size of the space that you have, also you need to consider the style of your interior. So a spiral staircase with a forged railing is unlikely to fit into a laconic high-tech, and metal structures on pains will look alien in classical rooms.
The angle and width of the stairs in the cottages
The stairs in the cottages should not only be beautiful, it is necessary that they have high convenience and practicality. The best indicators can be achieved by choosing the correct size and angle for such a design.
First of all, you need to pay enough attention to the width of the ladder. It is desirable that two people can walk on the steps at the same time, therefore the optimal width of the lifting structure in cottages is 0.9-1.5 meters.
How much space a ladder takes depends on its shape. Therefore, the type of this design should be chosen, given the size of the room, and how much space you can allocate under the ladder.
You should also pay attention to the angle of the ladder and its length. By the way, the last parameter directly depends on the first one. So steep climbs have a smaller long, but higher step height.
When designing a ladder, do not forget to take into account the height from the level of the first step, to the doorway of the second floor, this value should be 2 meters.
Beautiful stairs for cottages and their materials
Much importance in the appearance of the staircase has the material from which it is made. Modern technologies allow you to use the most unexpected ideas to create a ladder.