Monolithic stairs have a number of advantages over prefabricated structures. With the correct calculations, such a ladder will last for several decades. When designing a monolithic ladder, you need to know whether it is worth making an armature frame, how many steps will be optimal, how you can decorate the staircase and much more. Answers to these questions read in the article.
- Durable reinforced monolithic reinforced concrete ladders
- Monolithic ladders with their own hands: installation instructions
- The correct manufacture of monolithic ladders: the necessary advice
- Prefabricated monolithic ladders: what is the difference
- Beautiful finish of the monolithic staircaseWood: lining options
- Installation and installation of monolithic stairs in the house
- How to calculate the monolithic ladder yourself
- External monolithStaircase to the house: order from the construction company
- Correct construction of a monolithic staircase in the country house
- How to install a monolithic staircase with your own hands( video)
- Reliable monolithic staircase in the house( photo examples)
Durable monolithic reinforced stairs fromReinforced concrete
Monolithic reinforced concrete structures - one of the most common and classical versions of external staircases.
Advantages of monolithic stairs made of reinforced concrete:
- Durability and wear resistance;
- Will not be spoiled by temperature changes, high humidity and other climatic conditions;
- Fireproof, no need to cover with a flame retardant mixture;
- A great opportunity to implement architectural ideas;
- Suitable for houses from any materials and any finishes.
Monolithic stairs can be decorated with decorative materials, thus making the design even more interesting.
In country houses and country houses, wood and stone are popular. In urban and municipal institutions, this design is not always acceptable, therefore, agglomerate and porcelain stoneware are often used. In addition, the ladder can be painted in any color you like.
Monolithic ladders with their own hands: installation instructions
You can build a reinforced concrete staircase yourself if you already have experience with welding, concrete and exterior finishing. Otherwise, it is better to seek help from the construction team.
Stages of construction of a monolithic ladder:
- Designing a future staircase. At the first stage, make all the measurements: height, width, length, turn of the stairs, number of steps. On these measurements make a drawing. Drawings must be done in dwg format;
- Dig a pit for the future porch basement;
- Put the formwork and work on the reinforcement frame;
- Concrete mixing;
- Exterior finish.
Remember that the concrete for the construction of the ladder must be at least M300.
The correct manufacture of monolithic ladders: the necessary advice
If you decide to make a staircase of reinforced concrete yourself, then you should take into account some of the nuances that will help to get a high-quality final result.
Things to consider when manufacturing reinforced concrete stairs:
- It is necessary to design a future ladder in advance. First, calculate all the necessary parameters: the number of steps, the length, the height of the ladder, etc., and then draw a drawing on them.
- If the soil on the territory of the future staircase is sufficiently firm, then the reinforcement cage can and should not be done: the staircase will be strong. Accordingly, the worse the soil - the more you will have to work with the frame.
- Do not forget to correct the irregularities after each pouring of concrete in the formwork, and when you fill in the entire structure - once again look and blot out all the ugly places.
The simplest version of a monolithic ladder is the marching model. But monolithic staircases with different turns will look equally beautiful, as well as a helical model.
Prefabricated monolithic ladders: what is the difference
Separately it is worth mentioning the practical differences between prefabricated models from monolithic ones, as well as their pros and cons.
Advantages of monolithic reinforced concrete staircases before prefabricated:
- Strength. Compared with prefabricated models, monolithic ones are more durable and resistant to mechanical influences, since the less details and the more complete the design, the more reliable it is.
- Wear resistance. Monolithic stairs will last you longer than the teams. Even with active use, monolithic models serve, as a rule, for more than 50 years.
- Monolithicity. The very property of the ladder is already its advantage. This staircase looks really holistic, you can not see any inconsistencies, gaps and flaws in the details.
- Flameproof. Evacuation ladders are made of reinforced concrete precisely due to the property of fire resistance, which is not found in wooden prefabricated models.
- Ferroconcrete ladders are not afraid of corrosion, which is subject to metal, nor the process of decay, which is typical for wooden stairs.
- Monolithic products are a well for an architectural designer, as there are no restrictions in possible forms.
Despite the undoubted advantages of reinforced concrete staircases, they have their own shortcomings before prefabricated products.
Disadvantages of monolithic ladders:
- Unpleasant appearance. As a rule, monolithic stairs look rustic in front of modern prefabricated models.
- Need for exterior decoration. Since the reinforced concrete staircase is not as beautiful as the prefabricated models, it is necessary to adjust its appearance with the help of MDF or wood trim. This option, of course, is not suitable for the construction of evacuation ladders.
- Assembly. The construction of a reinforced concrete staircase is a complex process that a beginner can hardly handle in the construction industry. In this regard, prefabricated models benefit, as they are accompanied by an assembly instruction.
- Long drying. The process of full drying of concrete can last a month. And although it will be possible to walk on the stairs in a few days, it is necessary to postpone the external finishing until it is completely dry.
- The building requires a wide range of skills. If you want to get a quality reinforced concrete ladder, then you need skills in welding, concrete pouring and exterior finishing.
- Weight of ladder. Reinforced concrete products are massive and weigh a lot.
If you need to dismantle a reinforced concrete staircase, then you'll have to work hard again - it's not so easy to destroy high-quality concrete yourself.
Beautiful finishing of a monolithic ladder with wood: varnishing options
Finishing a reinforced concrete staircase is an interesting and creative process. You can embellish faceless concrete, and the staircase will become even more beautiful.
Options for facing of a monolithic ladder:
- Woodworking. The most common option, if fire regulations allow you to resort to it. On the finished and dried concrete product superimposed elements of wood are applied. The most popular breeds are: oak, ash and beech. Oak - the most popular in view of its longevity, ash has a more intense shade, and beech has a beautiful uniform texture. It is also possible to decorate with exotic wood: merabu, eben, etc., but it will be more expensive and for good results you will have to hire designers.
- Painting of concrete. If the budget for the ladder is limited or fire regulations dictate its rules, you can simply paint the ladder in any desired color.
If you decide to trim the reinforced concrete staircase with wood, then remember that the moisture content of the rock should not exceed 12%.Fresh wood is also not suitable for such work.
Installation and installation of monolithic stairs in the house
The installation of the reinforced concrete staircase is performed immediately at the site of their construction, since the large weight of the product does not allow carrying it.
When calculating the junction points of a metal beam, use the reinforced concrete slab on item 5.16 * SNiP "Steel structures".Qualitatively designed site - a guarantee of your safety.
Before the ladder, consider that the average step of a person is 63 centimeters. Proceed from this figure when calculating the number of steps required.
How to calculate the monolithic ladder yourself
In order for the staircase to be strong and convenient at the first stage of the design, it is necessary to thoroughly calculate everything.
Calculation of a monolithic ladder:
- Thickness of steps;
- Number of stages.
If the project involves a porch area in addition to the ladder, then its length should be calculated.
External monolithic staircase to the house: an order from the construction company
If you do not have experience of construction work, but you need to put a reinforced concrete staircase, then you can use the services of construction companies. One of the famous companies is Belstep.
First of all, read the reviews of the selected company on several sites-callers, as well as learn the experience of the company, which should be listed on the official website.
The company must have appropriate certificates and access to construction work.
install reinforced concrete monolithic ladder
Construction companies will help you with the calculation of the future ladder in the lyre, the creation of formwork, reinforcement frame and all other stages of work. In advance, specify the standards and terms of work.
You may want a ladder with some special features: with zaubezhnymi steps, turns, hatch, liners for further finishing, etc. And it is possible that at all your best option will be a mirrored staircase - a double model with an interconnected junction.
Proper construction of a monolithic ladder at the dacha
The very process of building a reinforced concrete staircase in a dacha is no different from the same for a house.
However, there are features in the exterior decoration. And the most important of them: is it worth to revet the stairs with a tree?Will you be so often at the dacha that you can follow the condition of the tree, cover it with an antiseptic solution at the right time?Perhaps in the country it is better to simply paint the staircase in a color that matches with the house.
Remember that the reinforced concrete staircase is important to correctly connect with the floor and the platform, this guarantees your safety. And to do everything right, do not neglect the first stage - make drawings with a view from above, side, in a section. This will allow you to notice all the features of your design and not make mistakes in the construction.
How to install a monolithic ladder with your own hands( video)
Construct a ladder yourself - it's not so difficult if you already have experience in construction work. Just need to calculate the dimensions, see examples of drawings and determine the design for its further operation. Tolerances must be indicated in the drawings. If not, then for you everything will be done by construction companies, who have been doing this for the first time and know exactly how to make the construction beautiful and safe.