Wall decoration with paper wallpaper does not lose its popularity. This type of wallpaper is affordable, environmentally friendly and customary for consumers. Many can already be called professionals in the gluing of paper wallpapers. Usually people perform finishing this kind of their own hands. Just here they are trapped in danger. Very often self-repair ends with the peeling off of the wallpaper, inconsistency of the canvas, rupture of the seams. To avoid this, you need to know how to properly paste wallpaper paper.
- How to glue the paper wallpaper correctly
- Adhesive for paper wallpapers: how to choose the right
- Can I glue wallpaper paper on paper wallpaper
- Sticky paper wallpaper: professional recommendations
- How to glue the paper wallpaper(Video)
How to glue the paper wallpaper correctly
In order not to experience problems with pasting walls with paper wallpaper, first you need to select quality wallpapers, prepare a set of toolsin that greatly facilitate the repair work.
Different working areas will require different tools that are designed for a particular type of work.
All tools can usually be found among construction equipment. If something is not, it can always be bought in the construction market.
- Coating brush;
- Folding Meter;
- Stationery knife;
Perhaps without some tools you can do without."Own" set of necessary materials will be identified after the first repair.
- Clean the surface of old wallpaper or paint. The cleaning methods will differ depending on the type of materials. Some materials are removed from the walls easily, some need special tools.
- Prime the surface. This will protect it from the solution, the formation of cracks, the appearance of fungi and mold.
- Putty coating, removing all irregularities, joints, cracks and depressions.
- Sand the surface, making it as smooth and smooth as possible. Remove dust and dirt.
- Prime the surface again. Be sure to wait for it to dry completely.
- Measure the height of the walls. Cut wallpaper strips with allowances of 5 cm. For convenience, you can designate the direction in which the wallpaper will be glued to the walls.
- Put several strips on a polyethylene protected floor. Evenly apply glue on them all over the surface of the canvas from the center to the edges.
- Fold the strips in half. Wait until they absorb the glue.
- Proceed to gluing the first cloth. It is important that it is glued exactly - it depends on the correctness of gluing all the bands.
- The strip should be glued from the top, not forgetting the allowance for the skirting of the ceiling. After the bottom of the strip is glued. Then the entire strip is smoothed with a brush or cloth from the center to the edges.
- The pasted sheet is pressed against the skirting board and plinths, the excess is cut off with a clerical knife.
This principle should be used to glue all strips, considering the technique of gluing: butt or lap. The fastest way to remove glue from the surface of the wallpaper and skirting boards. This is done using a sponge and water.
Adhesive for paper wallpapers: how to choose the right
The choice of glue is one of the primary tasks. On its quality depends on how long the wallpaper stay on the surface, their appearance, the lack of bubbles.
Adhesive needs to be selected depending on the type of wallpaper. Each species has its own characteristics. This is taken into account by manufacturers when creating different kinds of glue.
Types of adhesives for paper wallpapers:
- Adhesive for fine wallpaper. Has low cost. It is suitable for gluing wallpaper from a thin material.
- Vinyl. Vinyl glue can be glued to different types of wallpaper. It has the feature of long drying, so if improperly patched, the defect can be eliminated.
- Non-woven. Suitable for all types of paper materials on non-woven basis.
When choosing an adhesive, it is important to pay attention to its purpose for a certain type of wallpaper. The choice of a universal glue will not be correct. Since the same glue can not be used to glue together different types of materials and surfaces. Then the question may arise, why the wallpaper is unstuck. Widespread demand is used wallpaper paste Methylane.
Can I glue wallpaper paper on paper wallpaper
Professionals advise always to remove the old finish before gluing a new one. However, there are cases when this can not be done.
In case the old coating "mesh" with the wall, it is necessary to perform a number of procedures that will help solve the problem.
How to glue wallpapers on wallpaper:
- Be sure to treat old wallpaper primer.
- Remove those places where the wallpaper easily lag behind the walls.
- If several layers of old finish are already glued on the wall, then they need to be removed, and the formed dips should be smoothed out with the whole surface using putty. After that, it is necessary to progrunt any surface: concrete walls, plywood, drywall.
A wallpaper sticker in quick turn can lead to unpleasant results. If the wallpaper is thin, then through them will shine through the old shade or pattern. In some cases, wallpaper on the wallpaper can not be glued categorically. For example, embossed wallpaper will not allow new ones to stick to them.
Sticky paper wallpaper: professional recommendations
The process of gluing and its results depend on how much the person doing the repairs knows the features of preparation and pasting of walls.
When sticking, there may be controversial points that can be resolved by reading the following recommendations.
Recommendations for wallpaper gluing:
- It is important to pay attention to gluing the corners. To do this, remember the rule - you can not glue in the corner of a whole wallpaper strip. In the corners of the wallpaper should be glued to butt, very rarely - lapped.
- Keep an eye on the smoothness of the canvas. For this, the first cloth must be perfectly perfectly adhered.
- You must first remove the sockets and switches, and on the wallpaper to note the location of their location.
The problem is the occurrence of bubbles. They should be ejected immediately after gluing the strip. If after drying the bubbles are left, they are removed with a syringe and glue.
How to glue the paper wallpaper( video)
Paste the paper wallpaper can be quickly and efficiently, if you have full information about the finishing process. Paper wallpaper can be of different types. This should be taken into account when choosing the glue on which most of the success of gluing depends. Repair is best done together, and the glue will be convenient to apply, and streaks to the walls to glue. Repair will be quick and smooth, if you follow the recommendations of professionals.