should be correctly selected. The basis of any electrical heating system is a heating cable, reminiscent of its structure, a classic conductor. From a physical point of view, the design is designed in such a way as to transform electrical energy into thermal energy with minimal losses. Unlike traditional cables where heating is a side effect, the heating cable is designed in such a way that all the current is converted into heat.
- positive aspect heating water pipes from freezing
- Structure heating cable pipe
- Varieties heating cable for plumbing
- Choosing a heating cable for plumbing
- Set the heating cable inside the pipe
- resistive and self-regulatingHeating cable for water supply
- Features of self-regulating heating cable
- We use heating cable self-regulating for heatingpipes: Mounting guide
- heating cable inside the pipe( video)
positive aspect heating water pipes from freezing
Reliability - setting circuit designed so as to completely eliminate the possibility of freezing of the system. Directly related to this is the safety of the structure. Regardless of the type of cable, it can be used to maintain the required temperature of drinking water pipes.
In addition to the listed features, this kind of constructions have a number of other advantages:
- Versatility - the heat cable connects to an operating pipeline located undergroundOr in the open air;
- Simplicity in maintenance - even a beginner will connect the self-heating unit, which reduces the costs associated with the installation;
- Saving resources - the internal and external insulation system is adjustable depending on climatic conditions;
Enjoy the full water pipe, in which the thermowell is installed in only one case. It is necessary to correctly assess the pros and cons of such an idea, after completing the installation, check the reliability of each element.
Heating cable structure for
pipes It is a mistake to believe that products of this kind are characterized by a unified character.
Depending on operating conditions, the heating cord is differentiated based on the number of windings and the physicochemical composition of the shells.
The more of them, the less heat loss. At the same time, it must be remembered that for the heating of a spacious and not very room one can not use the same cable.
Regardless of the manufacturer, the heating cable has the following components:
- Heating conductor made of copper tape;
- Dense outer shell, made of silicon and a number of organic compounds with the addition of rubber;
- Thanks to the use of a strong braid of copper wire, the heating of pipes passes with minimal loss of thermal energy;
- Completes the construction of a primary insulating layer made on the basis of silicon and organic compounds.
Regardless of which heating system is to be installed, it is mandatory to familiarize yourself with the existing instructions. There is an internal cable arrangement. The quality of the outer and inner windings, which is noticeable on the cut, is checked to a greater degree. In addition, connecting the cable will be much easier if it has a protective casing.
Types of heating cable for water supply
Opens the list model HTS-1F, which is used for regions with a temperate climate. Inside there is a heating element responsible for a gradual increase in temperature.
The entire system is based on 1-core thermal tape. If the weather outside the window is capricious or it is an industrial object, then attention should be paid to MIC.
Self-heating resistive cord operates in the range from -60 to +500 degrees Celsius. Among its other advantages, it is possible to distinguish resistance to prolonged exposure to corrosive media, as well as the ability to perform installation and subsequent heating of areas located near areas with an increased risk of explosion.
In addition to the listed varieties, a number of other models can be found in the sales network:
- In extreme weather conditions, where the sharp and significant temperature differenceWinter and summer period, it is preferable to use the SSA cable. Improved indicators are provided by multilayer crimp.
- Constant power design LLS - ideal when the gasket of the heating circuit is made in a large area. This is a distance of more than three kilometers. In addition to significant distances, the heating cable provides a high generation of thermal energy - 55 W / m.
- Resistance model TMF is used in coupler welded sections. Used electric drive allows you to cover a large area. For example, it can be used to heat industrial tanks.
- The model of SNECO is designed in such a way that its double winding withstands prolonged temperature jumps and changes in humidity level. Thanks to this, its laying becomes possible at the cottage in the pool or sauna. The operating temperature range is from 0 to + 100 ° C.To maintain its operation requires a constant level of power.
Before you buy a particular water heating system, you need to study its performance. More attention is drawn to the operating temperature range, the permitted depth and humidity level. In the event that in the preparatory phase, an error is allowed, even with a slight cooling, the entire heating system will freeze.
Choosing a heating cable for the
The electric heater will not become a serious shock to the budget if you carefully consider all the technical details during the design phase. At the heart of rational choice is the specific objective of the project and the expected operational characteristics.
First you need to remember that the thermal cable is divided into household, industrial and suburban. It is not difficult to guess that the classification presented is based on the installation site.
Another classification system is based on the degree of material resistance - the cable for indoor and outdoor work. If it is a question of the first variant, then its power is calculated in such a way that the device creates the optimal atmosphere in the room with the given parameters.
In addition to the above characteristics, this kind of structures have a number of other characteristics:
- A separate category is the system usedIn the sewer. Their task is to ensure a given temperature regime. Depending on the technical specification, the thermostatic cable can be installed inside the drain and spillway. In addition, the presence of triple winding will protect the water system from freezing.
- For household it is recommended to use a design whose power does not exceed 60 watts per 1 meter of area. It is necessary to avoid the connection of a more powerful cord, otherwise the bills for utilities will increase significantly.
The correct design type is selected by the preliminary calculation of the network. Regardless of the manufacturer, all types of cables have two main characteristics. In the first case we are talking about power at rest. At the moment when the wire is not involved in the heating system, this indicator should be about "0".The second significant characteristic is the working capacity of the pipeline. The bigger it is, the easier it is to heat a large room.
Set the heating cable inside the pipe
Once base water heating system is prepared, we can safely proceed to the main part of the work. The novice is obliged to mount everything in such a way as to exclude unplanned losses of heat. Installation is carried out inside the sewer system, taking into account the need to form the required level of resistance.
To begin with, you will install the pipe yourself. It is done in an open or closed way, depending on the climatic features of the region.
After this, fix the cable on the pipe surface. The choice here is small, because the heating wire is mounted inside or outside.
The further procedure is as follows:
- cable Choosing a location depends on the climatic characteristics of the region. For example, if it is a year-round use, then in this case it is necessary to fix the source of heat inside the hose. Similarly, it is recommended to enter if the average temperature of the warmest month does not exceed -19С.
- Regardless of the position, the warm Merlin wire is mounted in several rows. Optimal way is considered a spiral design. The shock absorber is a plastic tape or a mesh made of metal.
As mentioned earlier, each step is determined not only by the ultimate objective, but also the characteristics of the operating conditions. For example, if the weather outside most of the year is not pleased with warm days, the high-quality warm in summer and in winter will provide mounted inside the hose line.
resistive and self-regulating heating cable for water
As mentioned earlier, the choice between the two species is based on the practical component. If you plan to stop your choice on a resistive model, then the heating wire is divided into a tape and zonal category.
Both implement the principle of heat generation at the time of direct passage through the current heating element.
This is beneficial, because in the rest mode the installation does not consume resources.
The situation with a self-regulating version is more complicated:
- Are divided into 1-core and 2-core depending on the volume of heat generation;
- If necessary, the system can work with more power, but this will increase the number of cores and increase the thermal insulation;
- If it is properly insulated, the heat generation takes place over the entire length of the wire.
resistive heaters are used in areas where there is no 24/7 need to maintain a given t. If it is a question of a bath, all kinds of wells and so on, then the rate is placed on the self-regulating heating cable Leroy.
Features of the self-regulating heating cable
It is justified to make a choice in favor of this variety when there is a smart house system on the site. Due to the use of the control unit, the electric wire delivers the required amount of heat energy point-by-point.
The following practical tips will help you avoid common problems related to the operation of this system:
- Installation is performed at t not lower than + 17С;
- It is not allowed to use such electrical heating for food needs, for example, for pipes delivering drinking water;
- As an additional element of fixing the wire near the drain systems, mounting tape is used.
Self-regulating designs are able to more efficiently use thermal energy. The key to success is the correct installation and regular maintenance of the system.
We use a self-regulating heating cable for heating pipes: instruction
It can often be heard that the water heating element quickly fails. As a rule, problems arise after 2-4 months from the date of installation. An analysis of all cases shows that many troubles can be avoided.
instruction. In 7 out of 10 cases, this is a human factor.
Simply put, the electric heating system becomes the victim of the following errors:
- Lack of sufficient insulation system;
- Wrong choice of external coating, which led to rapid corrosion;
- Even powerful electric heating does not cope with the task, if the power is incorrectly calculated.
Installation of a heating cable inside a pipe( video)
The technology of using a heating cable allows to provide the necessary temperature regime in the sewage system, water heating systems and so on. In order not to have to regret the money spent, at the design stage the climatic characteristics and parameters of the room to be heated are taken into account.