In a room with a low ceiling, many feel constrained and uncomfortable. But do not despair, even if the ceiling in your home does not reach 2 and a half meters. Designers have developed many ways to create the impression of a lightweight high ceiling with the help of visual effects. Use them, and the ceiling a little "will rise" above your head.
- The main disadvantages of the low ceiling
- Make the ceiling visually higher with the help of professional techniques
- How to increase visually low ceilings: choose furniture and accessories
- How to visually lift the ceiling in the kitchen
- Tips of the master: howVisually increase the height of the ceiling( video)
- Examples how to visually increase the height of the ceiling( interior photo)
The main shortcomings of the low ceiling
Many tryhurt the feeling of the baseness of the ceiling surface. However, what is really so bad low ceilings?It is necessary to understand this in order to understand what problems should be eliminated in the first place and by what methods it should be done.
Shortcomings of low ceiling:
- Visual unattractiveness. Of course, we all rest in nature not only with body and soul, but also with our eyes. Scientists have proved that the constant concentration of the view on closely located objects leads to problems with vision. A person needs the feeling that he is looking into the distance, and not to the ceiling, which, as they say, is within reach.
- Difficulty with installing tension or suspended ceilings. It is very important to decide whether you are going to perfect the existing low ceiling or agree to lose about 10 cm of height for a good and even visually increasing room ceiling. Too low a stretch ceiling will look extremely ridiculous, no matter how beautiful and shiny it may be.
- The second tier of the bed, if there is one in your house, may be too close to the ceiling. If there is a need to install such furniture, then discuss this point with the designer in advance, so that an individual project for you will be made in which the second tier will drop a little lower.
- Not every lighting is suitable for a room with a low ceiling. At least an elegantly hanging chandelier will certainly not be available for such a room.
To sum up, the main points that should be worked out when designing a room with a low ceiling are not only a visual increase, but also work with light, decor andFurniture.
Remember that not every interior is available for the owners of rooms with a low ceiling. It will be necessary to think carefully about how to arrange light, furniture and decor in order for the room to be functional and beautiful.
We make the ceiling visually higher with the help of professional techniques
General rules based on the color and pattern work are aimed at making the perception of space a bit distorted and the low ceiling is at the proper height!
The following methods are used to lift the ceiling visually:
- Gloss. To avoid hiding the height behind the tension film, use glossy paint or a self-adhesive film. Prepare the ceiling well for the procedure!It is necessary to align everything to the smallest points and scratches. The glossy ceiling will reflect the light that will fill the room with additional volume.
- Perimeter level. A glossy or bright spot looks like a gypsum plasterboard level, which contains spots, electricity and communication lines. It is not only beautiful, but also convenient!
- Monochrome. Break the sense of the boundary between the walls and the ceiling with the help of color: a light shade, evenly laid on the walls and the ceiling will create a cozy and free atmosphere in the room.
- Multiple lighting. Wall brackets and table lamps are a real saving for a low ceiling. Build lighting in each niche, highlighting home plants, photos and objects of pride. The ceiling light may not be the brightest one. It is a flat chandelier that guides the light towards the ceiling.
- Full-length curtains. From ceiling to floor, and even with a vertical strip of neutral shade!Such a curtain will fill the room with ease.
- Contrast with the floor. Dark floor and light walls and ceiling - such a trio will be the best companion for a room with a low ceiling.
- Drawing on the perimeter. If the idea of creating a level seems difficult or unsuccessful, then a similar effect will please you with a contrasting picture framing the ceiling.
The color and texture game will help to make from the low squat ceiling an elegant coating that is free for thought and creativity.
How to increase visually low ceilings: choose furniture and accessories
Furniture for a room with low ceilings also requires special attention. Accessories will put the right accents to the room to achieve its perfection, and low ceilings ceased to spoil the impression of design. There are several rules, under which your ceiling will grow in front of your eyes!
Furniture for a room with a low ceiling:
- The understated height of the backs of armchairs and headboards, low chests and lockers will help to raise the ceiling due to the contrast created by low furniture.
- Cases and shelving from the floor to the ceiling will create the effect of stretching the walls. Spread out such lockers around the room and enjoy the result.
- Narrow long vases emphasize the vertical of the room, raising the ceiling a little higher.
- High indoor plants also orient the room to a vertical. Choose trees or not very spreading bushes.
- Curtains should be hung under the ceiling, not exactly above the window. If space allows, then you can leave a few centimeters of cloth lying on the floor.
Your resourcefulness and imagination will not be ignored by the guests if you can visually raise the low ceiling.
How to visually raise the ceiling in the kitchen
For each room, developed their own methods for capturing the height of the ceiling. For the kitchen, it is important to properly place the storage system, because in this small space you need to fit a whole arsenal of housewives!
Tricks for visually increasing the ceiling in the kitchen:
- Light kitchen set. Choose only light colors for the upper cabinets. Ideally, if the shade of the lockers will match the color of the ceiling.
- Vertically oriented drawing on the wall, which is adjacent to the working area. The busiest part of the kitchen is the working area. Therefore, it should be facilitated by a coating with a vertically oriented pattern.
- Illumination on the upper cabinets will also give a sense of ease and distract from the shortcomings of the low ceiling. Light up the work area not only with the help of a chandelier, but also use directional lamps located under the upper lockers of the kitchen set.
- Another way to raise the ceiling with light is to place the LED strip around the kitchen perimeter under the ceiling.
- Niches in the walls and ceiling. The relief space seems to be larger. Play this effect, creating a gypsum plasterboard framing the kitchen ceiling. The correct lighting of the kitchen will make the room higher visually.
Make the kitchen so that the culinary masterpieces were created easily and with pleasure.
Tips of the wizard: how to visually increase the height of the ceiling( video)
The low ceiling is not a reason to put an end to the possibility of making a beautiful and elegant design of the room. Use the proposed techniques in each room of your apartment or house with low ceilings, and the result will transform the unsightly square meters of living space into a territory of style, elegance and beauty.