Stretch ceilings for the hall in the apartment and the house: varieties, their characteristics, installation rules
Table of contents
1 What they are
- 1.1 Material
- 1.2 Texture
- 1.3 decoration
- 2.1 General benefits
- 2.2 Common deficiencies
- 2.3 Benefits of PVC
- 2.4 PVC disadvantages
- 2.5 The advantages of tissue fabric
- 2.6 Disadvantages tissue fabric
3 How to pull
- 3.1 PVC
- 3.2 the cloth
- 4 conclusion
Greetings, comrades! Today I will introduce you to the existing varieties of suspended ceilings, with their advantages compared to other methods of decoration and show different variants of their execution. In addition, we found it difficult to pull a ceiling with his hands. Proceed.
Suspended ceiling in the living room of a compact city apartment.
What they are
For the manufacture of webs may be used:
- Vinyl (PVC) film. The canvas is made after measuring the size of the room and is welded from several strips width of 1-5 meters. When this preform size is somewhat smaller than the dimensions of the ceiling: when mounting the film is stretched;
In Sevastopol, where I live, sold film widths up to 3 meters. Accordingly, in a room with a larger width in the ceiling will inevitably remain visible seam welding lines paintings. However, it is not evident and can be seen only after a careful look in the eye.
Material feedstock for the production of vinyl suspended ceilings. Maximum film width - 3 meters.
- Polyester fabric with polyurethane impregnation. It comes in rolls (width up to 5 meters) and does not require pre-fitting sizes: fabric stretched on the ground, and then projecting for a baguette (metal or plastic section fixed on the perimeter of the room) the excess cut off.
Made from PVC ceilings may have different texture film affecting primarily at its reflective quality. The most popular are:
|Picture||Texture and its features|
|glossy ceilings partly reflect the interior space beneath them and thus make the room visually higher. The flip side of the gloss - the most notable welded seams between the paintings and the glare on a sunny day.|
|frosted ceilings do not give highlights and do not attract the attention of the viewer to switch to the other elements of decoration. They are very practical for installation of hidden lighting in the ceiling.|
|satin Invoice - intermediate between the gloss and matt: it reflects most of the light incident on the ceiling, almost without giving glare and light making the surface as much as possible.|
You do not want to see the ceiling above his head "like everyone else"? No problems! It offers a couple of design refinements:
- Ceilings with photo printing will allow you to enjoy the view of the cloudy sky, or any other image of your choice. Price per square meter along with the material and installation - from 1200 rubles (current as of spring 2017);
printing sample with a three-dimensional image on the tissue web.
Photocopying easier to perform on a fabric ceiling. Vinyl film is stretched during installation, which may distort the pattern proportions. In addition, when a large area of additional distortions room can make the seams between the paintings.
- Ceiling "starry sky" illuminate hidden point light sources (including those using optical fiber), or an LED strip. Their installation price tag will rise to 2,500 rubles per square or higher.
Appearance simulating the night sky ceiling.
Installation of the film with hidden beneath spotlights with optical fiber.
The attractive ceilings for the hall?
They allow you to:
- Hide any defects overlap (Traces of multiple leaks, swings between the plates, uneven plaster, etc.);
- Mount hidden point light sources (Spotlights and spots), creating uniform, with virtually no shadows, lighting facilities;
- Hide utilities (Air conditioner line, wiring, WLAN, ventilation).
After the end of cloth mounting all the utilities will be hidden.
The actual height of the room inevitably decrease. Yes, the room visually can be even higher; but whether it is a tall person will appreciate that not be free to raise your hands above your head?
Glossy fabric will make the room visually higher, but its actual height is decreased.
Benefits of PVC
Made of vinyl film stretch ceiling in the hall further protect your assets (primarily furniture and appliances) against leakage when the water supply and heating systems accidents have neighbors on top standpipe. Cloth watertight and able to hold at least 20 liters of water per square meter of surface.
Vinyl fabric protect the room from the top of the leak.
After removing the cause of the accident water can be drained through the opening for the lamp.
- when heated, to 60 degrees and higher film may sag, and at 90 ° C begins to decompose with emission of toxic substances (in particular, phenol and chlorine). If you are using heaters or other heat sources that form the upward flow of hot air - vinyl stretch ceiling is not for you;
- Fabric tears easily. Very easily torn. The hole in it may even leave fired up champagne cork;
The thin film is easy to tear, accidental touching it with any portable object.
- The web is impermeable to air and steam. This means that for any reason the damp ceiling above it remains wet for a long time and will inevitably be affected by the fungus.
The advantages of tissue fabric
- Strength. It is close to the characteristics of the majority of suspended ceilings: tear polyester fabric is almost impossible;
Polyester base fabric provides its strength.
- breathability. The overlap of fabric ceiling is ventilated;
- Possibility of painting. Paint the canvas with acrylic paint can be up to 4 times.
You want to change the color? Just paint!
Disadvantages tissue fabric
Tissue ceiling in the room through the polyurethane impregnation does not pass water, but do not stretch as a sheet of PVC, so the top flooding the entire volume of water will flow along the walls. In the worst case, the canvas will be taken out of the mount, and tighten it again thanks to trim the size of the room will be almost impossible.
How to pull
Before starting work, the overlap should be cleaned of flaking plaster, loose trim elements. Installation of a stretch ceiling is performed after all the dusty work and stickers wallpaper.
For the installation of the finished (ie manufactured size of the room and equipped with a harpoon-profile along the perimeter) vinyl fabric will need:
Gas heat gun. Its task - warm air in the room to a temperature of about 70 ° C and thereby maximize the elasticity of the film.
Electric heaters are unable to provide the required heat output due to the limited capacity wiring and circuit breakers.
|harpoon baguette (Aluminum or plastic profile). It is attached to the wall with a space from pololka around the room.|
|With a rounded end spatula. They harpoon profile is pressed into and fixed therein.|
|Decorative stripCovering the rest of the gap between the door and the wall.|
Instead, decorative strip can be used wide moldings and ceiling moldings, glued to the wall around the perimeter with a space from the stretched ceiling. It will allow to mount covert illumination LED tape.
Taped indented from the web plinth hides LED backlight.
The very process of installing technologically very simple: baguette fixed to the wall with screws, dowels in increments of about 15 cm, then the film is heated by a heat gun is inserted in its groove and snaps into the harpoon it.
Preheat the fabric is stretched and snapped in a baguette.
Stretch ceilings for the two-level living room is often used baguette mounting directly on the surface of the slab. The second level is created outboard plasterboard structure, or web, secured to the walls.
Stretch two-level ceilings in the living room: the lower level is created suspended construction of plasterboard.
Installation of suspended fabric ceiling does not require heating: it tautly inserted into the clip-on or shtapikovy baguette fixed to walls or ceilings with a space from the bottom point of the overlap is not less than 20 mm.
Stretch woven fabric.
Mounting should be performed:
- Initially, the short wall, and then long;
- From the middle of the wall to the corners.
Excess fixed blade is cut along the edge of baguette office knife.
Last installation step - trimming the excess fabric.
You do not accidentally damage the fabric, substitute between baguette and knife a wide spatula.
So, we met with varieties of suspended ceilings and the ways of their installation. Learn more about installing the technology of stretch fabrics dear reader help video in this article. Waiting for your additions to it. Good luck, comrades!