hot water boilers for solid fuels are well known to owners of suburban housing, as have a number of significant advantages over other equipment. As fuel, any affordable fuel is chosen. When making small changes in the design, you can quickly transfer the boiler from one type of solid fuel to another.
- Properties heating boiler for solid fuels
- fuels for solid fuel boilers
- Properties individual fuels
- How to choose a solid fuel boilers
- Technical apparatus coal-fired boiler
- Characteristics solid fuel boilers(video)
Features heating boilers
solid fuel heating boilers are mainly used in private country houses, is intendedus for certain tasks, and can work on different principles.
Domestic facilities are of three kinds:
- traditional or classical models of work as an ordinary oven, but they are used to heat water for the heating system. They use a direct burning method, also the devices have air dampers, when closing, this process slows down. The facilities are simple to operate and can operate without the use of electricity.
- This type of solid fuel device, like a pyrolysis boiler, is characterized by long burning and higher power. When burning firewood or coal, a combustible gas is formed, which in the second chamber is also burned, and heats the water. In addition, the equipment is equipped with regulators, ventilation and other electronics for easy control.
- pellet stove heating is simple in structure, uses a torch, which automatically via worm gear throws beads. The auger drives the electric drive, which also regulates its operation. Granules of fuel are supplied from a special bunker. In turn, the burners are retort, fireplace and torch. They burn fuel and have a direct impact on the capacity of the equipment.
All heating models are outdoor. Some brands of structures operate on sawdust, but they are not in high demand among consumers.
special love Verner are models that can operate at the most affordable pellets, produced from waste agriculture that absolutely no effect on the heating capacity.
Fuel types for solid fuel boilers
Flammable substances are necessary for the operation of heating equipment. For household needs, the most accessible materials are selected.
most common types of solid fuel, which uses a solid-state boiler:
- Fuel pellets;
Of all types of fuel, wood, coal and peat are considered cheap. The highest cost for pellet materials, as the manufacturing process is quite complex.
properties of certain types of fuel
Some flammable materials in high demand, while others are used in rare cases. It depends on their quality characteristics.
Different types of materials have advantages and disadvantages in what kind of fuel:
- Wood burned in special furnaces, the length of the wood pieces up to 30 cm. Firewood used boiler room, providing space for their storage. Preference is given to the oak, the birch tree ash.
- Coal is used, regardless of its age. However, it is not very popular because of the harmfulness to the environment and human health, since it releases sulfuric acid.
- Pellets are made of cardboard, shavings of bark, sawdust. At first this composition is crushed, and after drying it is formed with the help of natural polymer in granules. The pellet boiler works exactly on granular material. This is the most expensive solid fuel.
- Briquettes are produced by pressing wood, peat and straw. They are considered a safe and environmentally friendly type of fuel.
Firewood is still popular. But some owners find an undoubted superiority in the use of fuel pellets.
How to choose a solid fuel boilers
hot water boilers for solid fuel - it is a special equipment for heating the coolant, generally water. When choosing a device, one should be guided by the purpose of the structure, its capacity, the volume of the furnace, the duration of combustion and other parameters.
tips when selecting accessories:
- Acquire fuel boilers is necessary with a view to its long-term use.
- First, determine the fuel for the equipment. The cheapest types are coal and firewood. These are available materials for heating, which can always be purchased inexpensively. However, it should be noted that to store firewood will have to allocate a certain area.
- is important to know that the choice of power, it is better to focus on the large size of the firebox, so wood or coal will burn longer and do not have to look into the boiler frequently.
- At high hot water requirements and selecting from a single loop and bypass the boiler, it is better not to take both acquire and heater of indirect heating, i.e. releasing the heat coming from the heating system.
- If you purchase a device for housing, where electricity is malfunctioning, it is advisable to buy a heat generator with a built-in fan.
- The optimum pressure must be at least 3 bar. This indicates the quality of the boiler and the material from which it is made.
- It is better to choose the boilers with lower combustion. In this case, the combustion of the fuel can be regulated.
- For coal, you should choose a firebox with a wall thickness of at least 5 mm. This will ensure long-term operation.
Optionally take construction with cast iron heat exchanger, if it is not absolutely necessary, but the price is much more expensive than that of steel products. While the steel structure element is able to work more than 10 years. Of course, we are talking about a special boiler steel.
Technical device for solid fuel
The classical structure is the simplest in its design.
Average boiler for solid fuel has the following components:
- furnace or chamberBurning fuel;
- Special grille for fuel;
- Ashtray, where ash is poured;
- Heat Exchanger;
- Water jacket around the firebox;
- Control devices;
- Air supply unit.
There is nothing complicated in the operation of the heating system. Fuel in the form of firewood, peat or coal is placed on the grate grid. During the combustion of combustible materials the fire heats the firebox and the heat is transferred to the coolant. Additional water receives heat by passing the product gas and smoke through the chimney.
process air is then carried out by a fan and the ash door. When the water from the heating system is a jacket surrounding the firebox, it is reheated from its walls.
Characteristics of solid fuel boilers( video)
It should be noted that such a principle of operation was applied in boilers already in the Soviet period, but has still not lost its relevance. To date, traditional types of boilers on different types of solid fuel have been improved by automation and even electronic devices, which significantly increases their productivity and creates more comfortable management of the heating process for humans.