It starts with the fact that puttying is a necessary process. If at least one centimeter differs the surface of drywall, if there is no perfect evenness and smoothness, putty is needed. And she needs it both under the wallpaper, and under the tile, and under the painting.
- Gypsum products: the choice of material and the shpaklyuyut drywall
- Cement plaster: the putty GCR
- Polymer putty
- better: putty walls of plasterboard
- Instructions: the putty plasterboard( video)
Gypsum mixes: the choice of material and the shpaklyuyut drywall
Cement, polymer, gypsum - each kind of putty has its advantages, but also its disadvantages. Which is better - depends on the front of the work, on your preferences and why it is more convenient for you to work with.
Start review of materials is worth of plaster putty. This is an excellent option for drywall, as the snow-white color is ideal for interior decoration: for wallpaper and painting. But not only the right color is a plus of such putty.
Advantages of gypsum putty:
- Mixtures are characterized by good ductility, which means that they have sufficient resistance to cracking;
- Ecological safety of plaster putty is not specified - it is a natural material;
- The gypsum putty passes the air freely, while it absorbs excess moisture, and if it is insufficient, it gives it to the room, which means that the room will have a favorable microclimate;
- Good adhesion with different materials;
- Used in different jobs - it is embedded corners and joints, aligned surfaces.
Gypsum plaster is easy to sand, it is easy to apply, and it dries very quickly. But it was not without drawbacks: in premises with high humidity it can not be used, because such a filler is distinguished by a high level of solubility.
Cement putty: than puttying GKL
Cement mixes for putty are also worth considering. This mixture on the basis of cement, which is not afraid of sudden temperature changes, it well seams the seams, chips, cracks, leveling the surface. The main material in the composition is cement, and adds optimality to the composition of a whole list of useful chemical additives.
When buying a cement mixture, consult the seller. All putty on the basis of cement have a certain brand of cement, they have a certain level of strength, compression level, and also adhesion to other building materials and facilities. The seller should tell you the full characteristics of the product, on the basis of which it will be clear than plaster drywall.
And this material appeared on the construction market not so long ago. And thanks to the novelty of the facility, it can be said that it has certain advantages over more traditional means. It, firstly, has a longer service life, secondly, a very high elasticity, and, finally, this material is universal.
Features polymeric filler and high processability. For example, gypsum and cement putty dries in 2-5 hours, polymer you can equalize as you need, within a day. It is very convenient in work.
Today on the market there are two types of polymer putty:
Latex filler is used for interior finishing of premises. It is very simple to apply, it is durable in use, has high strength, elasticity and does not grieve the sharp smell. Acrylic putty is suitable for both external and internal decoration.
The better: plastering of walls from plasterboard
And now about what to use correctly, dry or ready mix. If you make repairs yourself, you are not only important to the cost of materials and the quality of repairs, but also the maximum convenience in work. Experts advise to purchase dry universal mixtures, although for a certain circle of masters already ready, diluted formulations are preferred.
Than good dry mixes:
- They are simply more profitable in the acquisition - if the repair is delayed for some reason, delayed, the mixture can still be stored for a long time. With the finished mixture so you will not be wasted, and you will have to use everything at once.
- The next time - for dry mixtures, the temperature regime has no effect, but with ready-made fillers, you can expect unpleasant surprises.
- And another important point - dry mixtures can be used in doses, in parts. And the difference in usage can reach several months. Of course, with the finished mixture to do so will not work.
But if you are sure that repairs will be done here and now, and you want to save even the time, the finished mixture will beGood options. You do not need to waste time mixing the solution, you do not have to worry that you will do something wrong, and the resulting consistency will not be correct. In this sense, a ready mix is more profitable.
And do not doubt that putty is an obligatory moment in the repair, when it comes to drywall. It not only helps to level the surface, seal joints, etc. She qualitatively prepares the material for finishing.
If you, for example, decide to immediately glue wallpaper on the GKL, there is a very big risk that the drywall will simply swell from the glue, and the new wallpaper will become skewed. And then you remove not only the damaged wallpaper, but also the layer of drywall.
Instruction: how to putty plasterboard( video)
Putty plasterboard is a process that can be done independently by selecting the appropriate composition. Focus on the balance of price / quality, as well as ask the seller-consultant, who can help you in choosing.