Many people prefer to install a plastic ceiling. This design is durable, inexpensive and easy to operate. The plastic panels are fastened to a special frame. The cladding can be made of a metal profile or wooden bars. In case the base surface is perfectly even, the crate can not be built - it is possible to simply glue the PVC panels to the base surface.
- Assembling a wooden frame for false ceilings
- Assembling a metal frame for a two-level ceiling
- How to build a plastic ceiling without a skeleton
- Making a skeleton for a double ceiling
- How to make a ceiling skeleton from a profile( video)
- Plastic ceiling frame( photo)
Assembling a wooden frame for false ceilings
It is not difficult to assemble a skeleton wooden ceiling by yourself. First you need to apply a marking to the base surface and pull a fishing line between the opposite corners of the room. It will help you to more accurately conduct the installation of the entire structure.
Before attaching the wooden profiles to the ceiling, they must be carefully treated with an antifungal solution. Otherwise, the bars may eventually rot away.
The wooden crate is installed in the following order:
- Drill holes in the base surface. Their depth should be 40-45 millimeters, and diameter - 0.7 millimeters.
- Insert the vernier suspension into the resulting eyelet.
- Screw dowels into the structural support base.
- With the help of pliers pull the pull rod, and then put on the suspension.
- Next, secure the spring clip.
- After this, it is necessary to check the smoothness of the construction.
- Then attach the profiles to the resulting crate. Remember that the length of the rails should be 10-12 millimeters less than the length of the room. If there is a need to connect individual parts of the structure, use specialized profile extensions.
Mounting of a metal frame for a two-level ceiling
It is advisable to use only metal products for installation of two-level false ceilings, as they have better strength indicators. In addition, these guides have a smaller specific weight and are easier to assemble. For the construction of a birch-bark under a two-level construction, Knauf profiles can also be used.
Before installing the metal crate, take care of the insulation of the electrical wires. For insulation it is recommended to use special corrugated pipes made of plastic.
The frame for the two-level ceiling is assembled in this order:
- Initially, you need to find the lowest angle in the room, and note the location of the lower tier of the structure.
- Then, using a paint string, beat the installation line.
- Next, you need to fix the guide profile. Remember that the bottom edge of the product should be located strictly at the marked level, otherwise the structure may collapse.
- Then, mark the boundary between the first and second tiers.
- Strictly marking the next guide profile. In order to bend it, make notches from the opposite side of the part.
- Cut the required number of lengths from the carrier profile.
- In the places where the lower tier of the structure will be located, it is necessary to install the ceiling profiles.
How to build a plastic ceiling without a frame
You can make a plastic ceiling without a frame only if the base surface is perfectly flat. Otherwise, the skeleton can not be avoided, since the structure can be skewed.
In order to glue the panels correctly, you need to choose the right glue solution. It is recommended to give preference to liquid nails, since they are the most reliable. If you do not have the opportunity to purchase liquid nails, use universal adhesive solutions, which do not contain synthetic impurities.
The procedure for installing plastic panels without the use of a crate is as follows:
- Between the opposite corners of the room, pull a plain fishing line or twine. Mark the center on the base surface.
- Apply a glue solution to the back of the plastic panel, and glue it to the marked place.
- Then glue the other plastic plates in the same way. Remember that you need to glue the panels in parallel rows.
- Install the decorative molding.
Making a skeleton for a double ceiling
Installing a skeleton for a double ceiling is a complex process. Before you start, you need to remove the plaster from the base surface and remove all microroughness with a sealant. In addition, it is recommended to apply a deep penetration primer to the ceiling.
Before installing the crate, you need to mark the ceiling of the first and second level. In order to apply accurate marking, use the laser or water level.
Double-skeleton frame installation technology:
- Drill holes in the walls.
- After this, secure the UD profiles.
- Draw parallel lines on the ceiling, and attach the hangers to the ceiling. Remember that the distance between parallel lines should be at least 65 centimeters.
- Insert the CD profiles. Fix them with self-tapping screws. It is desirable to bend the free ends of the hangers upwards.
- If you use plasterboard in combination with plastic, fix the ceiling profiles.
- Next, you need to cover the framework of the first level.
- Mark the location of the second level, and attach the CD profiles to the frame.
- Sew a second-level frame.
- Next, you need to sew up the vertical components of the structure.
- Then fix the decorative moldings and fixtures.
How to make a profile skeleton from a profile( video)
You can use metal profiles or bars to build a frame. If you are building a single-level structure, then you can use wooden products. Before the construction of the wooden frame, it is desirable to treat the parts with an antiseptic solution. For the construction of multi-level or double structures it is necessary to use exclusively metal profiles, since they are more durable and durable.