What is well drilling
Well drilling is the process of destruction of a rock to the formation of a cylindrical cavity that opens to allow access to an aquifer. The soil in this system can be crumbled due to constant pressure on the walls of the well, which can cause destruction of all the walls of the well and the cross-section of the pipes. The well can be precipitated.
Therefore, so that it does not happen in the well, a special casing is installed, which prevents the collapse of the walls of the well. The emptiness that forms between the walls and the pipe is poured with concrete and gravel from granite, which also acts as a water filter. Tightness of the products and the system as a whole provides casing pipes and casing diameter for the well. They resist the impact of groundwater and subsidence.
Casing pipes and requirements for them
In order to fulfill their true purpose, the products meet the following requirements:
- They must be strong, resistant to wall shear and must withstand pressure on the walls from the ground and rocks.
- Must be sealed and easy to install.
- Must have a long service life, since after their destruction and termination of work, to resume the same source of water as before, it will not work out, therefore it will have to build a completely new one.
- Their resistance to aggressive reagents and corrosion should be at the highest level.
- A small weight is also a condition for choosing a pipe, because the smaller it is, the easier and faster it is to mount the structure.
- Pipes should be without bending in length. It can be up to 0.5 mm per 1 meter if the product relates to increased accuracy.
Casing diameter for the well:
selection parameters The information about the casing changes depending on several parameters. It is necessary to collect information about the location of the water. This can help the neighbor and his home well, the size of which can be measured, but it is best to contact the specialized organizations that will give information about the location of water in your region.
Then the indicators of the consumed water are important, as it will give information on what should be the diameter of the casing for the well. In accounting for water consumption, water is taken to water the kitchen gardens, gardens and water supply of animals.
After learning the water consumption readings you can choose the model of the device safely. The only thing that should not be forgotten when choosing a pump is that the cost of the pipe increases with increasing diameter.
Therefore, you need to note the data on the diameter of the pump, the technological clearance and the wall thickness of the products, and only then choose the dimensions of the column. It is worth choosing the allowable diameter value with a margin. It is also important to know that most manufacturers of products produce them with a wide variety of diameters, but the most common is a 125 mm tube. Has the most optimal ratio of the price of equipment and works for installation. Large diameter products are not installed for domestic water pipes.
Pipes come in several types, which are also endowed with some flaws and advantages.
- Asbestos-cement. They are used for technical water supply. But now it is rarely applicable. Has a low cost, a long service life, and the diameter of the casing for the well can be selected. Disadvantage: large wall thickness and difficulty of installation. The material is brittle enough, so it is very difficult to join workpieces.
- Steel. A popular kind of products for arrangement of hydraulic structures of all possible depths and for artesian wells. The service life is 50 years, and the wall thickness is 6 mm. Their installation is much easier due to threaded connections. Products are expensive. In addition, they are susceptible to corrosion, which significantly worsen the quality of water.
- Polymer. The most popular type of products for today, is divided into three subspecies and has a large number of advantages over others. Provides tightness and anti-corrosion ability. It also resists chemical reagents and does not require disinfection.
- HDPE.The pipe is produced with small diameters, but with coils of great length. Mount the workpieces without joints, which provides hermetic connections.
- PVC.A popular material for creating wells, suitable for drinking water supply.
- Polypropylene. A rare type of application, but most effective for the distribution of water supply systems.
Good luck to you in your accomplishments and gather the best water supply yourself!