- Option # 1 - Use a flat stand
- Option # 2 - Use a container with water
Option # 1 - Use a flat stand
In the first case, in order to make the device yourself, we need the following materials:
- conventional laser pointershown in the photo above, if not over the last years, you can buy, the price is small);
- bubble building level;
- wooden peg, length from 1 to 1.3 meters, with a diameter of 5 to 6 cm;
- small piece of rubber;
- sheet of plywood or boards on the length of the level.
Having prepared all the materials, you can proceed to assembly of the homemade device. To help you understand how to create a laser level yourself, we provide a step-by-step guide:
- We prepare a laser pointer. To the beam was more bright and clear, pierce the glass in the nozzle. To do this, seal the nozzle with cardboard and gently break the glass.
- We improve the building level. On top of the instrument you need to fasten the pointer, for which it is better to use clamps. To further be able to slightly adjust the direction of the laser beam, place a piece of rubber between the level and the pointer, as shown in the drawing.
- We collect the stand. First one of the ends of the bar should be sharpened so that it would go well into the soil. After this, it is necessary to assemble a reliable stand from the peg and a sheet of plywood with your own hands, by fastening the sheet to the second end of the bar with a screwdriver. We draw your attention to the fact that the plywood must be screwed strictly perpendicular, otherwise the accuracy of the measurements will leave much to be desired.
That's the whole instruction for manufacturing. As you can see, it is not difficult to make a simple laser level with your own hands, but the problem is that it can not be installed on a hard surface, for example, a concrete screed. To solve this problem, you can also screw the board from the second end of the peg, which will perform the function of the stand. In addition, you can make a stand, like this level, but making a tripod will take more time.
It is not difficult to use such a homemade device from a laser pointer. First, the stand is driven into the ground, after which it is leveled by the bubble level - the bubble should be strictly in the center. Next, the pointer should be included and mark the projected point on the wall with a pencil. After this, the stand gently rotates axially in the horizontal plane to the next mark. Two points are connected to each other and all - a straight line on the wall is ready, you can proceed to the installation of electrical wiring!
Immediately it should be noted that you should not rush and start important marking works from the very beginning. The first thing you need to make sure of the correctness of the work of the homemade, so that the result does not become deplorable for you. To do this, you need to align the homemade laser level( in other words, check the accuracy of the work).
You can do the alignment yourself as follows:
- In the sheet of plywood, on which the level is set, it is necessary to tighten the screw, length no more than 120 mm. The hat of the scorer must match the projecting line of the laser pointer, as shown in the drawing.
- Next, you need to include a pointer and send it to one of the walls, then make a corresponding mark with a pencil. At this point, you do not need to fully twist the second screw.
- Now, on the screws of screwed screws, the profile under the drywall or any other bar, of small weight, is carefully installed.
- A self-made laser level is installed on the profile and, if required, the bar is leveled in the horizontal plane on the base of the bubble. Alignment needs to be done by tilting above / below that edge of the profile that is located closer to the wall.
- Aligning the profile by level, you need to screw in a new screw in the wall, if it is required, then remove the profile.
- After all, the self-made leveling is set on the stand and the pointer is adjusted to a new point( the screw of the screw).Now your device is set perfectly smoothly.
With this homemade laser device, you can independently make horizontal lines to conduct a hidden wiring in the house. However, do not rely too much on the accuracy of the measurements, becauseThis is not a professional tool and the error here is quite high.
Option number 2 - We use a container with water
The second way to make a laser level with our own hands is to apply the water surface as an index of horizontality. All you need is to pick up a suitable capacity, for example, a basin and pour it under the edge of the water. Next, you need to take a piece of polystyrene and fix it in the middle of the pointer. After that, the capacity should be set at the level of the future line and put foam plastic with a pointer into the water. Turn on the homemade and mark the points on the wall, turning the laser in the desired direction. The video example provides in detail all the stages of assembling a self-made level on the water:
The disadvantage of this level is that you need to properly center the location of the pointer. Otherwise, it will be slightly skewed to one side, which will negatively reflect on the horizontal nature of the beam.
Here we have provided two step-by-step tutorials on how to manually create a laser level at home. The model by the type of the cross is harder to collect( when the intersection of the horizontal and vertical lines at a given point is built), but still for marking the walls for shtroblenie such a device will work well! By the way, to make a vertical line on the surface, it is recommended to use the most common construction plumb line( as shown in the photo), suspended from the ceiling.
- How to make manual shrouding by your own hands
- How to make a branch from
- wire How to repair an electric warm floor