Any work of a building nature requires not only a detailed acquaintance with the subtleties of its performance, but also the ability to competently calculate the material required for it. Calculation of sand concrete during floor screed is hardly an exception.
So, for a correct consumption with floor screed we have to find out, first of all, the technical properties inherent in it, its type, and also its geometric parameters. Of course, the best option is to use dry, ready-made mixtures. But in order not to burden yourself with unnecessary material waste, you have to buy exactly the amount of material that you need, but in no case more. It is extremely important that the figures that you eventually get are as relevant as possible.
What is the peculiarity of such material as sand concrete?
Substances from which M 300 is produced are low grades of Portland cement, organic constituents, and sand from quartz, grains of sand in which do not exceed three millimeters in diameter. Regarding the functional characteristics of this grade of sand concrete, they can also be different and directly depend on the type of portland cement from which the following are made:
- First of all, pay attention to the fact that high-quality sand-concrete is obtained only in those enterprises that use high-quality machinery in their workfor dosing and mixing. It is with their help that material checks are carried out in specially created laboratories, where the quantity of all elements of the material is monitored, as well as their quality. The results of such inspections must be indicated on the package of sand concrete.
- Used "three-hundred" sand concrete for floor equipment in premises, garages or apartments. In the case of bulk floors, for which this brand is used, there is no need for additional waterproofing. Moreover, heat and noise insulation in sand concrete at the highest level.
- Characteristic features of fine-grained sand concrete M 300 is its increased resistance to stretching. Also, the material does not shrink, but its strength is also quite high. The material is not corroded, is resistant to temperature changes, does not burn and, at last, does not let moisture pass.
Its quality depends on many factors, including drying, mixing quality and others. If you intend to make sand concrete, so to speak, in artisanal conditions, then there is no guarantee that the components you have selected will fully meet all technical requirements. It is quite difficult to keep to all necessary proportions.
But here, having bought sand concrete in a building store, you will save yourself many difficulties, and a mixture for high quality screed can be made very easily and without additional material costs.
Using sand concrete with floor screed
- So, by purchasing a dry mix, you can easily make a sand concrete solution for our needs. To do this, we take ten liters of this mixture and fill it with water.
- Next, we thoroughly mix it until the solution turns into a homogeneous mass. The consistency of the solution should be optimal, water should be added in accordance with the norms.
- If there is too much water, soon there will be cracks on the surface of the floor, and if too little, you will not get a perfect surface smoothness.
In addition, the mixture should be applied only to a dry surface, which must be firm and dry, so thoroughly clean the surface before starting work.
Another distinctive feature of sand concrete is a rather high pouring rate, which is very convenient for work. But if the concrete floor screed has already been made, then the floor covering is recommended to be installed not earlier than a week after this;the whole point is that the final hardening of sand concrete takes place only after thirty days. Hence one of the few shortcomings of the material emerges - it can be used only for an hour.
And concerning the cost of the material. On average, fifty kilograms of it cost from 130 to 195 rubles.
Calculation of the consumption of sand concrete with a screed
Before you start pouring the floor, you will in any case have a question about the number of required materials. What exactly should you expect? That's right, cement and sand. The required proportions are one to two or one to three, so that the floor in the future is as hard as possible. The quality of the material in this case depends more on the chosen manufacturer, but the following factors influence the consumption of materials:
- The thickness of the future screed.
- Finishing coating.
- The surface roughness that we will handle. In addition, there are two ways to calculate the amount of screed material. Here they are:
- If the thickness of the future screed is three centimeters, then we need a third of a fifty-kilogram bag of cement for work, as well as a full same sandbag. Thus, for every eighteen meters of coverage, you will have to leave twenty-two bags in total( among which there are eighteen bags of sand and six bags of cement).
- There is another way. If we use already prepared mixture, then we need about sixty kilograms per square meter.
The number of all components used in the preparation of concrete is determined by the nature of the screed. Let's assume that in the end you want to get a warm floor. Consequently, the load on such a surface increases. But traditional loads - this is not all that can be exposed to the warm floor, because there is also a temperature effect. Concerning the composition of sand concrete, suitable for such a coating, it can be the same as in the case with a conventional floor.
Now a few words about the amount of materials needed to fill the warm floor. The proportion of cement and sand here will be two to one. It is highly recommended to add a plasticizer to the mixture, which will significantly improve the characteristics of the screed. The plasticizer needs about 20 milliliters per square meter. At the same time:
- The warm floor should be at least thirty centimeters thick, so we need a dry mix somewhat more.
- The floor must dry out in vivo.
Also, when preparing, you can apply claydite, which will slightly reduce the cost of the dry mix. The quantity is quite easy to determine. So, at a floor thickness in 1 centimeter on square meter of its 0.01 cubic meter. Therefore, one bag of expanded clay is enough for five meters of your coverage.
Video sandblasted screed
As a conclusion
For all calculations, try to fully comply with the generally accepted norms of proportions. If there is too much cement, then in the future the floor will crack, and if there is too much sand, it will be very difficult to work with such a mixture, and you will not achieve the required strength of the coating.