The bathroom is a very important functional part in every apartment. If the bathroom is small, then it is very difficult to place in it a toilet, a bath, a sink and furniture for storing detergents and cosmetics. The shower enclosure is an excellent solution for saving space in a small bathroom, and selecting materials for decoration and accessories will help visually expand the room.
Advantages and disadvantages of installation of shower cabins
Advantages of using shower cabins:
- The shower cubicle helps to keep free space in a tiny bathroom for installing a bidet or washing machine.
- The doors of the product are sealed, so the water does not splash around the bathroom, and the cool air does not enter the booth.
- Modern models of dushkas offer many new possibilities for relaxation: aromatherapy, hydromassage or contrast shower.
- For the bathing of young children, you can use models with a deep pallet.
- The product helps to save water, its consumption is much smaller compared to the filling of the bath.
- Shower rooms are characterized by a minimal risk of injury due to modern anti-slip materials.
Shower cabin can become a real art object in a small bathroom and give a highlight to the room.
Disadvantages of installing a shower in the bathroom:
- The shower cubicle does not allow you to completely immerse yourself in warm water to an adult person, and lying in a foam bath is worth forgetting.
- If the water pressure is low, only a simple shower can be used, and all additional features will not function.
- Dushkabin model, which is equipped with additional functions, will occupy as much space as the corner bath.
- For the elderly, the high shower tray
- is very inconvenient to operate. The shower cubicle requires daily maintenance, special attention should be paid to its cleaning from the lime scale.
Where should I install it?
First you need to choose a suitable place to install a shower booth, do it in a small bathroom just. It is necessary to install the cab near the communications( water supply, ventilation, sewerage).Also it is necessary to take care of access to power supply.
For small bathrooms it is not recommended to install a huge dushkabinka. It should only take one corner in the room. Care should be taken that access to the cockpit is always free, and its dimensions do not interfere with other devices in the bathroom.
The shape of the bathroom has the effect of the shape of the bathroom:
- For a square small bath, the perfect solution is to install a booth in the corner, which must be opposite to the entrance doors. If the doorway is in the center of the wall, then the shower should be placed in one of the far corners. If the doors are located on the side or in the corner, then the cab should be mounted on the same wall.
- For a miniature rectangular bathroom you need to adhere to other rules. A semi-circular cubicle is placed in the corner of the wall where the doors are located, if the opening is in the middle of the wall. For narrow bathrooms, you can use a rectangular or square model, which should be installed behind the swinging door.
Shower installation options
The main options for placing a shower in a small bathroom:
- is free-standing.
For miniature bathrooms only the first two installation options are suitable. Wall installation is the arrangement of the dushkabin along the wall. Angular version means the installation of a shower in the corner of the bathroom.
Even in a small bathroom, creative hosts can install a stand-alone unusual shower enclosure.
If there is a niche in the bathroom, you can install a shower in it.
The optimal option for installing a shower enclosure in small rooms is a corner arrangement, which helps to economically use the space.
Choosing the optimal dimensions for the
To determine the size of the toilet for your bathroom, several rules should be considered:
- The distance between the sanitary equipment( toilet bowl, washbasin) and the cabin must be at least 30 cm;
- in front of the car you need to have 80 cm of free space to comfortably enter it;
- when installing the shower enclosure on one wall with the door of the bathroom you need to withstand a distance of 15 cm.
The angular shower enclosure can be of different sizes, but optimal for small bathrooms are models with dimensions 80x80 cm and 90x90 cm. There are 70x70 cabs on salecm, but it is worth first to "try it on" before buying, having laid out this size on the floor.
For comfortable use of a shower in a small bathroom, you must leave at least 80x60 cm of free space.
When testing it, pay attention to a few nuances:
- enter the booth and close the doors;
- inside raise your hands to check freedom of movement;
- bend over to pick up the fallen thing.
If all movements are comfortable for the buyer and do not cause embarrassment, then you can safely carry out the purchase.
Corner dushkabin can be of different shapes: square, triangular or in the form of a semicircle. Each customer himself makes a choice of form. It should be based on the chosen style direction. For example, for a romantic style, a semi-circular shower cubicle is suitable, for a strict classic it is better to choose the square shape of a sanitary ware.
A shower cabin without a pallet is the ideal choice for a small bathroom.
Ideas for decoration and design
The shower cubicle in a small bathroom occupies almost all the free space, so you must first think over the materials for finishing the room.
The main task is to visually expand the bathroom:
- Use only light shades, it is not necessary to use the traditional white color. A stylish combination of tones is olive with pink, light green with white or lilac with pink. Do not recommend using more than three shades for interior decoration. The walls of the bathroom can be made in a dark tone, and for the design of the ceiling and the floor, pick a light shade.
- The shower tray should be laid with ceramic tiles, which was used for the floor covering.
- It is not necessary to separate the shower zone, but, conversely, use a geometric pattern in the design of the facing material.
It is better to use a combination of color strips for zoning the room. They will help to expand the room, bring an atmosphere of joy and fun. To emphasize the chosen color scheme, you should purchase the appropriate plumbing equipment. The modern market offers a wide range of sinks, toilets, doors dushkabin. It is better to buy plumbing in one color palette.
When choosing a shower enclosure, particular attention should be given to certain nuances:
- Doors - when choosing them, it is better to pay attention to sliding roller fences or accordion doors. Doors that open inward, will help to save space, but they are suitable mainly for thin people.
- Product material - plastic is one of the most common, as it is easy to use and easy to clean. The only drawback of this material is that over time it begins to turn yellow. Glass dushcabins are very popular, they decorate the interior, make the bathroom lighter and more spacious. Matte, colored or mirror glass will help create privacy conditions. The disadvantage of these cabins is everyday work in cleaning the product, although to save time on caring for the cabin, you can buy frosted glass.
Pallet - models with a deep pallet are an excellent option for families with small children, and can also be used for washing large-volume products. Pallets can be made of various materials: steel, cast iron, acrylic or marble. The best option is acrylic due to long life. The lack of a pallet helps to save more space, but then you should immediately create a drain on the floor.
The low pallet will be very convenient for the elderly, as it is not difficult to enter such a shower.
The placement of a shower in a small bathroom is a simple task. Determine with the necessary functions and dimensions - and proceed to the choice of a shower!