Foam glass is a modern thermal insulation material, practically unrivaled. It is made by foaming silicate glass under the influence of gassing agent and high temperatures.
- Technical parameters of foam glass
- Application of foam glass
- Advantages of
Sold in the form of granules, plates or blocks. It is characterized by increased resistance to external influences and a long service life.
Technical parameters of foam glass
Due to the use of non-toxic raw materials, the finished material is environmentally friendly, it can be used for thermal insulation of any structures. Foam glass panels can have different sizes, selected for insulation, according to the area and features of the protected building. The most important technical characteristics of raw materials and blanks are:
- moisture absorption: 0-5%;
- density: 110-200 kg / m.cube;
- compressive strength: 0,7 MPa;
- bending strength: 0.5 MPa;
- thermal conductivity: 0.04-0.07 W /( m · K);
- operating temperature: -260 to +430 degrees;
- flammability: NG( not lit);
- vapor permeability: 0-0.005 mg /( m · h · Pa);
- maximum noise reduction: about 54 dB;
- chemical resistance: maximum( not exposed to chemicals, solvents);
- biological stability: maximum( it is not susceptible to damage by insects, rodents, fungal formations);
These properties are achieved through the use of unique components in the production. In addition, foam glass has a very low sorption humidity, which is only 0.2-0.5%.The minimum percentage indicates a low absorption of moisture from the air. Therefore, the material can be used in any regions and on any terrain: regardless of climatic and temperature features of the site.
Application of foam glass
High service life and resistance to aggressive environments, high humidity allow to conduct thermal insulation with the foam glass of residential, industrial, commercial buildings. Select plates and blocks of foamed glass in accordance with the requirements for the protection of walls. Materials with a large thickness can prevent increased heat loss and maintain the temperature regime created in the building. Ideal for wooden buildings( do not lead to rotting wood).
On detailed photos on foam insulation, you can see the use of raw materials: for walls, socles, basement floors and rooms, roofs( from the attic or attic side).
Granular building materials are commonly used to protect flat roofs. It is used together with bituminous and cement mixtures and steam and moisture insulating materials. The grain composition of raw materials is selected according to the features of the structure and shape of the roof.
The important advantages of the material include long-term safety, minimum moisture and vapor absorption. It can be used for thermal insulation of any type of buildings. Other advantages of using raw materials include:
- simplicity of choice, accessibility of different types of blocks and slabs;
- resistance to damage;
- good tolerance of minor physical exertion;
- the efficiency of building materials( perfectly copes with the task of heat retention);
- does not lead to slow destruction of walls or the formation of mold on them.
The main disadvantage of raw materials is high cost, as reported by customers. The material will not be available to every customer. Another disadvantage is the complexity of the installation. Fastening of foam glass to the wall is made with the help of specialized adhesive compositions. In direct exposure to cement( during subsequent finishing), it can be damaged due to a heavy load. Before carrying out work on thermal insulation foam glass should thoroughly study the video on the features of the use of raw materials. The optimal solution will be the order of the service from professionals or a preliminary consultation with a specialist.